3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
May Allister 09.11.19 07:32 pm

Available 3.98 GB of RAM out of 8

pix.PlayGround.ru
That's the problem. Earlier all was normal, showed exactly eight. Now available 3.98 GB out of 8. Windows 7 64 bit. What's the problem? Which was to show that not all available memory?
39 Comments
Sort by:
M
May Allister 09.11.19

Nobody will help?

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
and you do not accidentally laptop?

D
DartMaul 09.11.19

In the laptop are percent like not put.

It has always been so or that something in the system changed?

M
May Allister 09.11.19

NikeSoft_RUS
No, not a laptop.
DartMaul
Yes, like nothing changed.

D
DartMaul 09.11.19

http://pcportal.org.ru/forum/6-634-1#8697
Don't know, maybe what you need.

M
May Allister 09.11.19

DartMaul
I do not have in the BIOS these lines, is looking for :(

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
Listen, how much do you laths of the RAM? Try them one stick, and see what happens. First, each separately plug and see how much memory shows.

M
May Allister 09.11.19

NikeSoft_RUS
2 laths on 4GB. I think if anything moved, I would have shown that there are 4 GB of the 4. And so the computer sees both and shows that installed 8 GB, but is available 3.98.
I remember I had this garbage on x32. Now is 64 and until recently all was fine, was exactly 8.

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
Try to swap the strap operatives. If you have a mother 4 slots for RAM, then put the bar in the first and third or second and fourth connectors. Or try it in the first and second stick. Also disable in BIOS integrated graphics.
http://forum.3dnews.ru/showthread.php?t=124064

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
Dig deeper into the BIOS. Memory Hole, Memory Remap PCI Memory... look where reserved 4 gigabytes.

D
DartMaul 09.11.19

The location of the memory modules can affect the mode in which memory works, but does not affect how much memory is available. If the system is in principle sees 8 gigs, so they are functional and workable.
It's not a hardware issue.

M
May Allister 09.11.19

How to disable the video card?

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
Onboard video or something like this in the BIOS. In General, write the complete model of your motherboard

M
May Allister 09.11.19

NikeSoft_RUS
pix.PlayGround.ru

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
Start ---> in the search box, type msconfig ---> Enter ---> Download ---> more options... ---> uncheck the Maximum memory, or Vice versa, specify 8000 MB and save.
Then restart the computer.

Digging, found out that the factory settings for the BIOS were supplied with off
Feature Memory Remapping (memory hole remapping) was sufficient to turn it on.
Problem solved, thank you all!

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
How'd that work?

M
May Allister 09.11.19

NikeSoft_RUS
To Options. The parameters of the box and so was not.
And in the BIOS there is no such functions... Nonsense at all.

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
then put the box and put 8000 megabytes of memory. Or find that you have reserved the 4 gig of RAM. Remember, after which became available two times less RAM, it might help to rollback to a system restore point earlier.

N
NikeSoft_RUS 09.11.19

May Allister
The memory is really reserved equipment - most graphics cards. Here I though the video card and 512 MB, but eat from system memory every half a gig. (this is called Hypermemory). In total lost about 3 GB of the eight. But I'm not worried, because even in this situation, I very rarely see my 8GB loaded more than half. Understand what function you should look for in the BIOS?;)

In General, it was tested. On someone else's computer memory to fly... in my not working one strap. I really thought that the motherboard was not compatible with this strap. But, in the end, my observant friend had seen a thing on the level that I have not worked, a tiny part of the sticker got on the contacts. So after I have the whole thing cleaned and wiped with alcohol, a miracle happened - all straps are earned))
PS thanks for All the help! Sorry to distract, as it turned out, the trifle)
PS.2 Even stickers and those should be able to properly glue... O_o

M
May Allister 09.11.19

NikeSoft_RUS
Put 8000 MB of memory, after restarting, shows zero.
BIOS sees 8GB installed.
Think we need a system to endure...