3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
darkness man 11.11.21 11:15 pm

Keyboard issue (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

The question may be off-topic, well, I just don't know what to do anymore ... After my brother poured coffee on the keyboard, the ESC key stopped working, but I found a way out by installing the x7 oscar edition and assigning esc on the mouse button ... Through for a while we bought a keyboard, but now instead of the "ESC" key, it says "about", tell me what the problem is and is there a solution?
10 Comments
Sort by:
A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 11.11.21

In the settings, instead of ESC, it shows "o", but does ESC work? If so, what is the problem then? Let it be.

d
darkness man 11.11.21

Pavel0198
Esc just works in some games, for example, in Dirt Rally, I can't press back. ESC does not rob, well, or it just robots this key has a different "o" value ... In Skyrim, everything works fine ... It just seems to me all the same it's not normal, but I don't know what to do, to reset the settings from the keyboard, or I don't know ...

T
Tatarin2 11.11.21

I haven’t played Skyrime for a long time, and so the advice to have an additional keyboard, one for my brother, one for myself, and then the problem will disappear. As far as I remember in the game and so incomprehensible control, I also play with a broken keyboard.

S
Sanchez ramirez 11.11.21

In fact, the bindings for the mouse buttons are stored in the ROM of the mouse itself. You need to either reset or reassign the buttons.

i
imperator2112 11.11.21

darkness man
in reverse order, follow the steps with the old keyboard, i.e. you connect the old one with a non-working ESC, assign it a native state and then change the keyboard
PS why bother so much for the sake of one button? rave...

d
darkness man 11.11.21

imperator2112
so wanted to play skyrim))) thanks! =)

d
darkness man 11.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
imperator2112
tell me if I reset the settings, for example, I assigned the "esc" key to the 4th button on the mouse, right now if I remove the value from the 4th button, then the mouse works fine, but the keyboard still writes the letter "j" instead of esc "oh" what nonsense is that ...

i
imperator2112 11.11.21

darkness man
on some keyboards Num Lock cuts the numeric keypad on half of the working keys ... conduct an experiment by disabling Num Lock

d
darkness man 11.11.21

imperator2112
tried to turn it off, writes in the same way as when Num Lock is on (I just took another keyboard that works with the esc key, but it has the same problem, or rather not in it, but in the campaign itself, but how can I now change I don't know at all ... to load Windows chtoli (

i
imperator2112 11.11.21

darkness man
still has an option to remove the keyboard firewood through the device manager, then after rebooting Windows will install new ones ... I don't even know what else to offer