3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sonovv 11.11.21 11:15 pm

choose between MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB and MSI GeForce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5

mother msi z77a-g41
bp DELUX 600W ATX-600W
RAM Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB DDR3 PC3-14900 (HX318C10FW / 8)
2 hard drives 1 TB
each not important percent Intel Core i5-3330
video card Palit GeForce GTX 650 1024MB GDDR5 not important

Appeared the opportunity to buy a new vidyuhu from vacation + drain, the choice fell on 960, but in principle, the money is enough for 970, but there may be problems with it, starting with the fact that I have a 3rd generation processor and my mother does not allow me to put the 4th and on my power supply there is a 6-pin output and there you need 6 + 8, yes there is an adapter (should be on sale) + problems with the build quality of 970 and squeaking at high fps, and 960 does not have these problems + it is energy-saving and as I understand it cooling is better
Comp used- video conversion / games / sitting on the internet and movies 25/25/50%

hope for your understanding and assistance in this matter

further reading can be skipped
, I would buy 660 or 760 but the difference is not significant tsenike
if something goes wrong and the PC will lose its functionality and the ability (video conversion) I will not survive this, and it is difficult for
this PC to earn that kind of money now for a little more than a couple of years and there are no problems with work, the blue screen happened once every couple of months, it was replaced by the replacement of the RAM,
and before that there was 1 nuclear which burned hard drives and video cards.
changed the power supply unit in the old one there were 3 coolers and not one did not work.
for 970 they give the division which I don't really need.
960 is enough for me with a reserve of mk 650, which is outdated that year.
18 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

boo take 970, because for 30 it's just nonsense to take it)

R
Ryazancev 11.11.21

sonovv
If games are not the main thing (and graphonium), then of course take 960. Since overpaying for something that is not needed is stupid!
Lisstoman
Explain what you mean.

L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

Ryazancev
On a nafig to take it for 30k +, if it is already out of date in 4 months. Whoever took it for 18, then do not care, but taking a new one in a store for 30 is unreasonable. Used more norms

R
Ryazancev 11.11.21

Lisstoman
About 4 months you certainly bent, but otherwise you are right.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

better or worse cooling - depends on the specific model. only that it can be quieter on a weaker one - such an option can be.
bp - here, as it were, the same depends on the quality of bp, but in this case it should most likely be enough.
video conversion if it goes through where 970 can eat more energy. if through the CPU it is not important
for games it always makes sense to take the highest card if the budget allows the pitch.

i
iNfantry 144Hz 11.11.21

The same bullshit. Probably. Motherboard Asus P8H77-V le, percent i5 3330 3.00 GHz, 8 Kingston RAM, GTX 670 video from gigabytes. Is it worth changing the percent. and mother, if you buy 970yu. And even if it's worth it or not, is it worth not taking and waiting for the next generation of views from NVIDIA, if to install the next generation of views (instead of the 970), you have to go through the whole computer over a new one? PSU for 600w (at least it is written so). Oh piz ..... y, at 650w max.

X
Xpressik 11.11.21

I took 960 Strix when my 560ti told me to live a long time) I have no complaints) I'm happy like an elephant) The coolers turn on only when a certain temperature is reached and I really like it)
I think that's enough for a long time, this year I plan to take only DS 3 and Mass Effect if they don't tolerate it. Yes, old games go through, tk. there are a lot of games in the incentive that I did not even start)
PS I took it because I did not see the point of taking something less for almost the same money

i
iNfantry 144Hz 11.11.21

sonovv
By the way, games are handed out when buying a video card so that the latter are sold better. Besides, new series are coming, well, you understand me better.

w
warp 37 11.11.21

iNfantry Noob, nothing needs to be changed. But it's better to wait for the 1000th episode. The 900 does not support DX12.

s
sonovv 11.11.21

Xpressik
I have the same problem besides mass effect and DS 3, which even the first parts did not have enough strength to go through, just 970 is enough for the money, but I'm afraid the power supply will not be enough

X
Xpressik 11.11.21

sonovv
honestly, I don't know what to advise, it's up to you, but if the power supply is good, then 600 watts should be enough

p
pochtipushkin 11.11.21

sonovv
+ problems with build quality 970 and squeak at high fps

What kind of squeak is that? At 970 itself - happy as an elephant for the second year already. Probably, only by the end of the year there may be games that she will not be able to pull out at the high-maximum (if not later).

For me personally, the choice is obvious in favor of the 970th.

I
I am Batman 11.11.21

The owner of the 960th since December 2015. Vidyuha does not seem to be bad, and most importantly for 1080p it is. True, if with 4 GB, otherwise many write that 2 GB of memory is the norm in our time, but depending on how GTA 5, Batman and all sorts of Assassins eat 3.7 GB at maximum speeds in Full HD, I understand that 4 GB is now almost necessary ... Well, I can't note that games before 2013 can be played in 2K, and some of them can be checked out in 4K. A trifle, but nice.

D
Djonnikc 11.11.21

Lisstoman
And what does new / not new have to do with it ?? Its "given" value is justified by the ruble exchange rate, and not by an inflated price tag! Look at how much used cards cost on Avito, they have been indexed for a long time))) And the ruble exchange rate will obviously not change in the near future.
Now let's remember how much new generations of video cards "usually" cost from NVIDIA))) You can't really add up their prices. And you will have to wait a long time until the middle generation of video cards comes out, usually the tops first. So there is no point in waiting!
sonovv
I think that if the opportunity allows, then it is better to take 970. At least with it, you will be able to play all new games for sure, in 1080p at high (maximum) settings, without the demanding anti-aliasing mode and fancy physicists. Otherwise, be ready to write "this message" in 1-1.5 years))) But that's just my opinion!
PS: 600 honest watts, enough for the eyes, even if you change the processor.

L
Lisstoman 11.11.21

Djonnikc From
us for 19 you can get used 970.

D
Djonnikc 11.11.21

Lisstoman
For 19 you still need to look, that would not squeak and freeze. Standard for used (actual), give up 20-30% of the cost. That is, its real price should be +/- 23-21. At the same time, a new one can be found for 28-29. And it will be 100% guaranteed if taken from a normal seller. Although at one time I took a used 560 for SLI.
I somehow called, according to a "tempting" offer on Avito, the number was turned off for 3 days in a row. Why turn off the number after the sale)) Is there any point in trying your luck, everyone decides for himself.

s
sonovv 11.11.21

I have a DELUX 600W ATX-600W power supply is it worth the risk? I took it from a friend at a proven point that year, I'm afraid that it won't be enough, and so I already leaned towards 970 there are current requirements what is that for?

i
iNfantry 144Hz 11.11.21

warp 37
In this case, for the sake of this, you will have to buy more percentages, a motherboard, and possibly a power supply unit, although in the current situation it would be possible to limit ourselves to only the 970th.