3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Breakwater 11.11.21 11:20 pm

Origin of the Blood Ravens (Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War)

I have read some of the materials on this order. The most complete infa is presented here

http://warhammer40k.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=398&Itemid=35

But nevertheless, there is no concrete answer to the question of their origin anywhere. It is unknown if the order belongs to the first founding and who its primarch is. I propose to discuss this here.

As I understand it, there are several versions.
1) First base. One of two legions whose records are deleted. Perhaps the Primarch of the Blood Ravens was not found by the Imperialist during the Great Crusade and the order remained mothballed. However, after the Heresy, the Imperium needed new forces and the new order will join the ranks of the Space Marines. Quite an interesting version. But strict adherence to the Astartes Code suggests that the Ravens most likely belong to the Second Founding.
2) Second base. The progenitor is the Blood Angels. The similarity of the name and emblem speaks for this version. Against - the absence of the curse of the Blood Angels in the Ravens, which, as you know, extended to the daughter orders of the legion.
3) Second foundation. The progenitor is the Raven Guard. The name of the primarch speaks for this version (Corax - Raven). Against - the fact that the Guard was almost completely destroyed during the Heresy (the legion was restored at a terrible price). Dsantnikov barely accumulated three Orders of the Second Foundation. And there was no particular point in erasing the records in this case.
4) Second base. Progenitor - Thousand Sons. Perhaps the order originated from a legion of traitors and was a wing that did not fall under the influence of Tzeentch. This is the version I like the most. She is also supported by the order's craving for knowledge, and the greater number of Librarians than in other orders, and the absence of a home world. But is it possible that the Inquisition rehabilitated part of the apostate legion and rewrote their history? Doubtful.
5) Second foundation. The progenitor is not. The Primarch is the Imperethor. It is possible that the Blood Ravens were created from the remnants of the Imperethor's gene-seed after his placement in the Golden Throne. Supposedly this was one of His last desires. In my opinion, this is extremely unlikely. At that moment it was not up to that.

So, your opinions, your versions. Perhaps someone has reliable information, or at least indirect links.
81 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gideon ravenor 11.11.21

GW does not officially say anything about the Ravens. These are all fan guesses. No more. If you really feel unbearable, read:
http://www.warhammer-forums.ru/index.php?showtopic=17266

B
Breakwater 11.11.21

I myself know that there is no official information. I am interested in YOUR opinion on this issue.

G
Gideon ravenor 11.11.21

I believe that the Blood Ravens are one of the second founding orders, created according to the principle of the Gray Knights, i.e. they have no founder order.

B
Breakwater 11.11.21

There must be a primarch anyway. And in the situation with the gray knights, there is a high probability that this is the Emperor himself.

D
Deydaro 11.11.21

Soon there will be three books Dawn of War, and there you will learn the whole truth about the bloody crows.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/images/books_medium/dawnofwar.jpg

http://www.blacklibrary.com/images/books_medium/dow-ascension.jpg

http://www.blacklibrary.com/images/books_medium/ dow-tempest.jpg

G
Gideon ravenor 11.11.21

I'll raise the topic. In DoV, you can see in the upgrades the captain of the CM in the campaign - that he has Rogal something there. This means that the Ravens can be descendants of the Imperial Fists.

B
Breakwater 11.11.21

Recently I came across this

http://www.ironhands.com/chapters.htm

and realized that we are unlikely to ever learn anything about crows. There are hundreds of blank spots in history. And a bunch of orders without origins.

E
Ezekiel Abaddon 11.11.21

2) the version of which I have not seen anywhere else. This cannot be for many reasons. Black Anger and Blood Thirst should have manifested on them.
4) Unrealistic. The drive of the Inquisition, in particular the Ordo Hereticus, to destroy even the smallest heresy speaks for itself.

Ravenor. Tell me why should the Imperial Fists, Black Templars, Crimson Fists give any worthwhile Rogal Dorn relic to an order without a bloodline. And in general, I think that this order is not a second foundation.

G
Gideon ravenor 11.11.21

Tell your version, O GREAT!

D
Deydaro 11.11.21

I'm wondering where DolgOff and Ezekiel Abaddon have such confidence that the Ravens don't have the Blood Angels curse ???
Is there no patamuchta in the game? Quite a controversial thing, this is an extra hassle for the creators of the game.
Therefore, I am for the Blood Angels!

K
Kovu 11.11.21

And I, as always, for 13/21 bases ...

B
Breakwater 11.11.21

In the link that I gave it is indicated that the Ravens belong to the 2nd base. The question is how much you can trust her.

E
Ezekiel Abaddon 11.11.21

Ragnar_wolf because it is not specified anywhere ANYWHERE you understand?

D
Deydaro 11.11.21

Ezekiel Abaddon, this is NOT specified ANYWHERE because in the game you can paint marines in other colors, and why, should all legions have a curse ???
Ezekiel Abaddon, bring at least one other off source of information about ravens ...

E
Ezekiel Abaddon 11.11.21

It's a semi-official principle, but I'm sure of it. It's a very common resource, many people use it. Http://www.playground.ru/redirect/warhammer40k.ru/index.php? Option = com_content & task = view & id = 398 & Itemid = 35

D
Deydaro 11.11.21

I do not use it precisely because of the unreliability of the information, since this article, for example, is a collection of what the fans wrote on the forum of the same site.
There are even articles written by me, posted on wikis, stolen from wikis and appropriated by local authors.
Of course, I understand that there is no copyright on the wiki, but it's not good to assign them to yourself, so I don't like warhammer40k.ru.

B
Breakwater 11.11.21

If the Ravens had the curse of the Angels, it would be known. It is difficult to hide it, and it is simply pointless. And if so, then the origin would be as clear as day. But it is not indicated in any source. I searched a lot besides Vicky and 40k.ru.
But I am not saying that this is impossible. It’s just unlikely.
And the relic of Dorn, although a weighty argument, is not one hundred percent. The fists could well have given the Ravens weapons as a reward for participating in any joint campaign.

The fact is that we all have different knowledge in the W40k universe. Someone knows more about one thing, someone about another. So let's look for, if not one hundred percent information, then at least indirect arguments in favor of some versions or against them. This is interesting. Discuss share opinions.

D
Deydaro 11.11.21

Why quarrel now if we can wait for the release of S. Goto's books.

B
Breakwater 11.11.21

years after 3)

D
Deydaro 11.11.21

in general, they have already appeared on sale abroad, so now it's really possible to find information on this controversial issue.
I’ll wait until the publishing house ABC deigns to release these books here, and I’ll read everything myself.