3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pro-stl_513 11.11.21 11:20 pm

Skill point issue (Mass Effect 3)

Skill points are constantly being reset, how to fix this error, how to return everything back to normal?
PS Please, don't write me the reason for this glitch, I know it myself! Points began to fly off even on older backup copies of saves, which I did not touch. The option with starting a new game is not suitable! Interested in exactly how to fix it!
25 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sidorovich12 11.11.21

pro-stl_513
If you mean that all the selected skills fly off, then the advice is not to pump them all to the end, leave a couple of skills per one division unleashed. At least it helped me.

p
pro-stl_513 11.11.21

Sidorovich12
That's just the point, I want to return everything as it was! So you can go through the game and on each mission by pumping them again simply. But I wonder if it is possible to remove this bug by some kind of "shamanism" in the files of the game or saves, so that all the points are distributed by skills and no longer fly off every time. ... And all other options, like not completely pumping divisions, spoil the view of the save simply = (

E
Eraser101 11.11.21

pro-stl_513, edit the Coalesced.bin file and redistribute the skill points that are awarded for each level. I did it and I am glad ..) Such is the peculiarity of the game, with each load the game asks for Coalesced.bin and compares the data. In case of mismatch, corrects.

S
Sidorovich12 11.11.21

pro-stl_513 Well,
this problem occurs mainly on pirates. You didn't prepare a save for the exhibition. Or am I mistaken?
Eraser101 Well,
not every brain has enough desire to tinker with a huge number of settings. Along with that, most of you do not know what they are responsible for.

E
Eraser101 11.11.21

Sidorovich12, I suppose he hacked skill points with artmoney, and now they are reset with every save / load ... Everything is very simple there, there is a level growth table where the level and the number of skill points that the player receives when reaching it is written ...

S
Sidorovich12 11.11.21

Eraser101 Artmani
hemorrhoids. Simpler gibbed save editor, but the same result. Skills gathering. Well I do not know. To be honest, I don't need all these skills. I set up an Avenger for myself with the speed of release of bullets like that of a Geth volcano (several hundred bullets per second), accuracy and recoil like a hydro-gun rifle and damage like a Cain, and penetration like a black widow. It turned out to be tin. Put on a sight with a thermal imager, stand yourself fell through the walls into everything that moves. Whisper. Especially cool in a combat simulator in the Citadel DLC. But then cheating weapons get bored.

E
Eraser101 11.11.21

Sidorovich12 this is somehow too much ... But with skills, yes, I agree not all are used, but on the infiltrator this is the same thing sometimes, but it is necessary especially at high difficulties. By the way, the file with the level growth table is called 05_biogame.json (from line 2385), you need to unpack Coalesced.bin and edit it - then pack it back and replace the original one.

p
pro-stl_513 11.11.21

Sidorovich12
I am an unreal perfectionist in games, I make perfect saves for myself in all passed games, i.e. collect everything and achieve everything! And in me3 I already have a "new game +" almost completed, I spent a lot of time to collect everything and pump everything to the maximum, and this glitch appeared! that's the problem (
And in Coalesced.bin, what are the names of the lines / sections that indicate the value / number of skill points, do you know?

E
Eraser101 11.11.21

pro-stl_513, I wrote above

S
Sidorovich12 11.11.21

pro-stl_513
I go (based on your messages) even less than you know about it. Mostly edited the weapon. Painfully, the damage done is too small, even with the most recent canopies and pumping. I tried to do something like a machine gun kain. All is well, only from a large number of nuclear explosions the game was cruelly hanging.

p
pro-stl_513 11.11.21

Eraser101
already saw xD ATP, now I'll try

E
Eraser101 11.11.21

pro-stl_513, the main difficulty is only in correctly distributing skill points ... You can, of course, give yourself 189 points at level 1, and 0 at the rest, but this is somehow too much, don't you think?

S
Sidorovich12 11.11.21

Eraser101
Well, the main thing is to have a correct balance. But on the other hand, this is as your heart desires . You are so worried that you are preparing a project for the evaluation committee .

E
Eraser101 11.11.21

Sidorovich12 It will be very easy to go through the game with all the skills at once, but to make at least some balance and no longer feel like a complete cheater ..)))

S
Sidorovich12 11.11.21

Eraser101
You need to be included in the red book. I didn't know what else cheaters meet with conscience . Kidding. Well, seriously, I rarely see a player talking like you.

p
pro-stl_513 11.11.21

Eraser101
well, the game itself has long been 60 lvl, and I think that I will figure out what's what, it's not too lazy to tinker with this file. It's just a shame that I have already collected all the improvements to levels V / X, lvl maximum, all additional missions have passed, there are only 2 main missions left, and the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that I did not change the value of skill points through the editor or artmani, I wanted to cheat with a completely different item but backfired on xD glasses

E
Eraser101 11.11.21

Sidorovich12, it came with time ... When I was 16-18 years old, I also wanted to endure everyone and everything with just a flick of my finger, but then the realization came ... so that people go through their game as it is, with all the shortcomings and mistakes, enjoy the plot, the mechanics; graphics, finally. So that people appreciate their work and decide - is the game good enough not to use cheats? Is it diverse enough to go through it more than once and not even 2 or 5, but 10, 20 times ... There are very few such games and if people use cheats in them, then this is in order to once again enjoy wonderful creativity developers.
This is my opinion about cheats.))))

S
Sidorovich12 11.11.21

Eraser101
I was wrong. You need to be entered in the Guinness Book of Records

p
pro-stl_513 11.11.21

Eraser101
Ahahahaha
Once again ATP! already edited 05_biogame.json and everything started working fine!

E
Eraser101 11.11.21

pro-stl_513 Please ...
Sidorovich12 Here's your time, I'm disappointed ...