3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 11.11.21 11:24 pm

The game is installed only on the C drive (Sniper Elite 3)

When installing on disk E (on HDD) (with C Windows - on SSD), an error window pops up.

When installing on C, everything is fine. Tried game versions 1.0 and 1.14.
Who knows, tell me what you can do to install on another drive (E ...)?
11 Comments
Sort by:
s
strelok312 11.11.21

vftor
Most likely the repack is the same or the antivirus has eaten half of it, but is there any space on the disk?

v
vftor 11.11.21

strelok312
Yes, I tried several different repacks and everything is only in C. There is no antivirus program on the gaming computer. The same repacks are installed, but only on C. I just don't want to install on C (SSD = 60 GB) permanently in order to play according to my mood. And on E = 320 GB there are all the games that I play according to my mood.

f
fear 11.11.21

vftor
well, the simplest option is to install it on C, then copy the game pack to the right place, and delete it from the C disk using regular means (there was no garbage left); everything is mona to play ...

s
strelok312 11.11.21

vftor
ctrax
"Fear" is right, but in order to delete the game later, you will have to delete the folder with the game, since the game will not be displayed in "Programs and Features", but in general the problem looks like in some of the add-ons

v
vftor 11.11.21

ctrax
strelok312
And saving then the config will be written in C from the game in C, not in E. How will the game work?
For example, if I reinstall Windows on C, and the games remain on E, then I still have to reinstall all games on E, since they are also registered in the C registry.

f
fear 11.11.21

vftor
forget about the register, this is a show-off for children.
no matter what disk the game is on, all configs / saves will be where it is provided by the developers / crackers;
as a rule, this is either a folder with a game or * documents * on the C drive, etc.

v
vftor 11.11.21

creep
Well, okay, I'll try now.

f
fear 11.11.21

For example, I can't stand repacks at all, it's evil, together with the game they shove all kinds of rubbish ...
and I try to download already unpacked games, and immediately to the disk that I need.
if this is not possible, I download the repack and manually split it into the right place.
Well, if it happens that the repack is encrypted, then I generally put it on the virtual machine, clean out all the trash, and already copy the clean game onto the real axis to the right place.

As a rule, the game itself, at the first start, creates the necessary packs / configs and entries in the registry.

v
vftor 11.11.21

ctrax
strelok312
Yes, everything was fine. I copied my save to C and you can play with chapter selection and more. Thanks a lot for your support.
But I wonder if you can do the same when reinstalling Windows on C?
As for the trash in the repacks, I didn't notice anything. Here is a dofiga trash license.

f
fear 11.11.21

vftor, of
course, when you reinstall the axis, the games on other disks remain intact, but the saves can always be backed up, and then put back into the clean axis, everything will work.
but there are some games that, at the first start, can overwrite the saves, then you need to put them back in place again.

v
vftor 11.11.21

fear
Excellent. So I will, otherwise the Mayer from The Witcher 3 spoiled Win.7 a little. It works so far, but if it flies, I will reinstall it without problems. Thanks.