3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eddward west 11.11.21 11:27 pm

Screen Resolutions !!!!

The function to change the screen resolution after updating the drivers is gone !!! I updated the firewood and now you can set only 720p and 1080p and there is no function in the nvidia parameters "use only TV resolutions" and in games there is no way to select a resolution other than 720p and 1080p, only rolling back the drivers to 361.43 helps, how can you solve this problem ??

11 Comments
Sort by:
b
betasisko 11.11.21

Well, sit on the old ones for now. Or do the new ones give an increase of 10fps in all games?

A
AUTO12 11.11.21

Eddward West
You need to write to Nvidia

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

faced a similar problem after updating when the computer was working in forced resolution
after that all my permissions disappeared and I could not enter them because it was said that they are.
then I spat and created 1600x900 and 1920 at 59fps.
so actually did not solve this problem

E
EvgenyDMT 11.11.21

Eddward West
"Display Driver Uninstaller" through it, remove the firewood.

E
Eddward west 11.11.21

AUTO12
I find it easier to wait for the new driver version !!

E
Eddward west 11.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Do you now have such a problem on the wood 361.91 or was it earlier ?? I even tried to change everything exactly like that !!

A
AUTO12 11.11.21

If you have an Nvidia video card installed, you can add your screen resolution in one of the following ways:

Method 1.

1) Launch the Nvidia Control Panel.
2) Open Display -> Change Resolution -> Add Permissions ... -> Create custom permission
3) Set the parameters you need, test them and add it to the list for selection
4) Select it and use.

Method 2.

Using the registry, add the permission you need to the NV_Modes parameter

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Video
{some number}

You can also find other branches containing the NV_Modes parameter and also add the screen resolution you need to them.

Method 3. Before installing the driver.

Open the file "nv_disp.inf" in the folder C: NVIDIA Win7 [the link will appear after checking by the moderator] and find the value [nv_commonDisplayModes_addreg]
All available screen resolutions will be in NV_Modes under it, add your own there.

But it happens that even after the above manipulations, the new permission does not want to be added. In this case, you will have to use special programs to force the addition of a user permission. I recommend searching the Internet for the following programs:

PowerStrip - A program for controlling the parameters of the video subsystem of your computer, a huge variety of video cards are supported. It is actually the only program of its kind that supports video cards from a wide range of chipsets and vendors, at the same time, under any operating system. The program sits quietly in the tray and from there provides access to over 500 controls over your display hardware, including color correction tools, screen geometry period level settings, and driver-independent clock controls.

Screen Resolution Manager - A program that allows each computer user to set their own screen resolution. In addition to resolution, you can adjust color depth, frequency, brightness and contrast, color gamut and other settings that will automatically take effect after loading a specific user profile.

E
Eddward west 11.11.21

AUTO12
dude you did not understand your permission, I can then create it, but in games all exactly two permissions can be set!

A
AUTO12 11.11.21

Eddward West
well, here it is also solvable
, each game has a file with saved graphics settings,
you just need to open such a file with a notepad
and set the resolution manually,
it is usually stored in the same place where all the game saves,
but you can google which file exactly and where it is stored

E
Eddward west 11.11.21

AUTO12 in
short created a resolution in nvidia that is in the game and it appeared there BUT !! there were pitfalls when the resolution changes in a place with it, the gamma falls, everything becomes too light and with a brown tint, I have to every time I restart the computer and go into the game, I need to re-adjust the gamma! anyway rolled back to the old driver the difference in fps did not notice what was on the new driver what on the old !!

A
AUTO12 11.11.21

Eddward West,
as a rule, all graphics settings are stored in one file,
and there are brightness, gamma, and screen resolution ...