3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexander Bekker 11.11.21 11:33 pm

How is torrent download speed calculated?

Greetings. Such a question has ripened. I recently connected the Internet with a fiber optic connection. Download speed fluctuates around 50-75 Mbps (usually 55-60). The return is 30-35 Mbps. With such indicators, the download speed from the torrent should be ~ 7 MB / s, and no more, taking into account the fluctuations in speed. But when I downloaded a 24GB Blu-ray movie the speed was 11.2MB / s.

Can anyone explain why this is so, and by what algorithm is the speed of the jump calculated? Maybe upload also affects her? After all, if you add up the download and upload speeds, you get about 100 MB / s, and the speed with which I downloaded the movie will be fully justified.

Thank you all in advance for your answers.
4 Comments
Sort by:
377885207 11.11.21

About hospati, what's the difference which algorithm at such a speed. I downloaded from my youth to http://lurkmore.to/%D0%94%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BF and was very happy. Highly. I was glad.

A
Alexander Bekker 11.11.21

My contentment does not prevent me from being curious. Previously, black-and-white television was also happy. Previously, the technology was not the same. Why look at the past and compare it with the present at all? Of course, it used to be worse. And now the modern benefits of civilization have long ceased to be something out of the ordinary.

B
Burnoutman 11.11.21

The speed under the contract is 50–75 Mb / s, and the download speed is ~ 7 Mb / s. It increases because your provider has a local network to which all users of this provider are connected and one of these users has already downloaded this distribution and is on distribution, but since the speed of the local network is 100Mbit / s, then you are downloading from that unknown dude at this speed.

A
Arti 11.11.21

Burnoutman
hmm, never thought about it ..)
interesting