3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kirik_LaL 09.11.19 07:39 pm

What is the size of the paging file at 8GB need Forze operatives? (Forza Horizon 4)

The default paging file was 8000мб with 8GB of RAM, the game is very much prisila... Raised the paging file to 15000мб, was noticeably better, but the freezes still skips.
In this case read that a large amount of paging is bad for drive and performance.
So - what is the swap size to put to Forza worked well and not overdo it?
Iron:
i3-8100
8GB-2400MHz
1050ti-4GB
4 Comments
Sort by:
_
_B1aD3_ 09.11.19

Cyril Beauties
Put so that it is standards - broom can always be changed.
In this case read that a large amount of paging is bad for drive and performance.
Read better of how.

I
Igor Ostapenko 09.11.19

Cyril Beauties
From your example - put in the middle, that is 10-12Gb. You have the bigger the paging file - the less the Frisians probably from the fact that VRAM is not enough for the selected settings in the game, which consumes more RAM, and when this is not enough, then it climbs to the paging file. I've been sitting on 8Gb of RAM and no paging file. If the game crashes - set the paging file minimum (from a couple of GB up to 6Gb, depending on the number of mods or the game itself, for HDD only recommended a fixed paging file size set - will reduce fragmentation) and the crashes stopped (friezes if there was something from the HDD or other components, such as CPU or video card). The swap file is better to put on the SSD if there is one (at the time of the game, and then clean up). This file is used primarily in order to be able to write debugging (infa failures) information, as well as a buffer to physical memory (facilitates the work of the most demanding applications, especially if the amount of RAM 8Gb and less).

R
Ruslan Nikulin 09.11.19

Cyril Beauties
16384 Mb will be sufficient on condition that it is only on the SSD.

M
MunchkiN 616 09.11.19

files paging Nada in 2 times more. when serious problems 4 times more. for those 8 gegeben from 16 to 32 gibber. for 64гибубень peck-peck...
files swap don Vliet in a special way on disk if STE is not a solid disk but neo Vliet's not the size but the fact that the MEM swap file.the size is big even it may have a beneficial influence on him as cycle recording less.
otherwise files swap does not affect in normal games on the friezes and the current in this case, if there are constantly micro records on this file. in case if the file is more than just cleaning and overwrite the less likely to becomes therefore there Friz not every 5 minutes but let's say every 1.5 hours
in the ostan among the Frisians have any 100500 pitch reasons not directly connected with the disk subsystem