3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21 11:35 pm

Sound can be heard, but the game itself is not visible (Double Dragon: Neon)

Hello. Today I downloaded this game to see what it is good for, but after installing and launching it, the following happens, the game starts and the sound of the game is heard and all that, BUT the game itself is not visible, only the desktop is visible in the place of the game itself, how will this fix it?, if anyone knows then write, I will be very grateful.
I say right away that I downloaded the Repack from RG Games, I also want to say that I still have Win XP, and the system requirements say that Win XP is supported, but that's why I don't understand such a problem with the game.
20 Comments
Sort by:
j
jinsu09 11.11.21

Try the following find the engine file in the data folder, write in it, for example, such a resolution
[window]
width = 640
height = 480
windowOption = 2
vsync = 0
AA = 0
x = 3
y = 25

Then you can change the resolution settings in the game, it helped me personally ...

j
jinsu09 11.11.21

And besides, it is better to run the exe in the folder with the game itself, the shortcut usually gives an error.

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

jinsu09
I was looking for this engine.ini file and I don’t have it in the game folder, I climbed everything there, if you have, please throw it to me, fill it wherever you want, on Rghost or anywhere BUT you just throw it off, otherwise I can't even figure out what to do, so I want to play that my nerves are already losing
pS - I didn’t want to play anything like that in the remake of Double Dragon Neon

j
jinsu09 11.11.21

Death_Cold

Well, well, I threw it off, try throwing it after unpacking into the data folder, replace it if the system asks.
http://rghost.ru/52503855

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

jinsu09
ok thanks, now I'll try

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

jinsu09
Tried it, it does not help, it starts up all the same in windowed mode BUT the game itself is not visible but there is sound

t
theme11471 11.11.21

Death_Cold

Win XP is supported, but that's why I don't understand such a problem with the game.

Happy Birthday! If you were born yesterday, I will explain that many Steam cracks (steam_api.dll) are not compatible with WinXP. The game can be at least three times compatible with XP, but if the cracker is a lazy brute, you sleep. First, find another crack. If it does not help, we will think further.

Personally, I don't have a game, but the INI in the game folder that you were told about above is usually called DefaultEngine.ini. The very same user Engine.ini will be located in the folder with the game configs, which is usually located somewhere in the Documents.

S
Skat_N1 11.11.21

There was the same problem from the second run. The jamb is just in the full screen function.
He cured it - put it in window mode (borderless) with a full size by editing engine.ini, i.e. so:
[window]
width = 1440
height = 900
windowOption = 0
vsync = 1
AA = 0
x = 100
y = 100

finally got a fullscreen simulation. True, the difference is palpable, the font has become crooked (in full, it is more pleasant). You quickly forget about it, so it's worth it.
Good luck!

PS This bug, it seems, does not depend on the axis, tk. I myself fell for the same on the eight.

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

theme11471
So, you call yourself a blasphemy, isn't it possible to answer normally? So I don’t understand such people, what for to call names right away, if I don’t know the solution to the problem, then what should I call names right away?

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

Skat_N1
I just tried this advice of yours, but alas, nothing came of it, everything is the same, BUT on a laptop on which Windows XP is also installed, the game starts normally, you can see and play it BUT, after loading the start of a new game, it immediately throws it out , I think this is due to the absence of the engine.ini file, so I will try to use my own guesses

S
Skat_N1 11.11.21

Death_Cold, try the image (license + medicine) with rustorka com. Engine.ini is there for sure.

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

Skat_N1 to
be honest, I don't even know what to download, but the fact remains that I got a hazy Repack, if there was a normal working repack, it would be cool, because it starts up normally on the laptop, and when you start the game and load a new one, it throws it out on desktop, so the only option is to find a normal repack "NOT from RG Games"

j
jinsu09 11.11.21

For example, I downloaded Double Dragon Neon {RG Bestgamer.net}, I'm thinking about purchasing a game on Steam. I read on the forums that there is an incompatibility of the game with XP SP3, while there are no conflicts on SP2.

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

jinsu09
well, I asked a friend here yesterday via skype, and he told me that his Double Dragon Neon was working fine, and he also had Win XP SP3, I don’t know where he downloaded from, but everything is fine with him

j
jinsu09 11.11.21

Death_Cold
In any case, try the Bestgamer.net repack. And plus, maybe I'm wrong, but for cards of the radeon series, at least 1 GB of memory is needed, while for nvidia, 512 mb.

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

jinsu09
can you give a link?, only I would like this repack not to weigh much, well, somewhere from 250 to 500 MB, because if there is a Giga 2 or 5, then I will not download the game in a week

j
jinsu09 11.11.21

Death_Cold
http://torrent-games.net/news/double_dragon_neon_r_g_bestgamer_net_repack/2014-02-07-39546

D
DeathColdUA 11.11.21

jinsu09
so stop, this link is not the system requirements for me, I need Win 7 for Win 8, and I have XP, so will the game start at all?

j
jinsu09 11.11.21

Death_Cold
And you try, on the forums they write that it runs only on XP SP2. Or wait for an update in the form of a patch.

B
Bloodthirster 11.11.21

people who advice the extension to change! helped novot question me what the fuck every time this x-th is engaged?