3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Scops owl 12.11.21 12:54 am

Problem

Hello, I ask for help. For no reason, a blue screen popped up with the error video_tdr_failure. Then I rebooted the computer, it was fine, but the computer just started to freeze. Then another blue screen flew out with a watchdog error, something I don't remember. And then stopped loading windows altogether. Hangs on the moment of the boot logo. Dead. What could be the problem? The video card, I think, is alive. Since the image is displayed the same. No drivers, nothing was changed or updated (that is, the possibility of a problem due to the most recent drivers was excluded, since it worked fine on these drivers). There were the penultimate Nvidia drivers. Card: 780Ti. Mat. board: Asus z87 expert. Processor: i7-4770K. Memory: Corsair Vengeance. OS: Windows 10 Don't know what the problem might be?
PS: Through the built-in video processor, the computer works fine, it's strange.

I inserted a card into the second slot (removed the drivers in safe mode). The system starts, but when the driver is installed, the image disappears and the computer hangs tightly again.
And in the first slot it does not load at all. Hangs with a black screen and artifacts.
7 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wheeljack01 12.11.21

most likely the problem is in the map ..

R
Ryazancev 12.11.21

Splyushka
It is necessary to insert your 780 tee into another computer. Or another card in your computer. I advise you to ask a friend or acquaintance for help.
Just pay attention to the 780 horse power consumption. energy, so that the power supply pulls normally.
By the way, what kind of power supply is it?

S
Scops owl 12.11.21

Ryazancev
Chieftec Nitro2 + 80+ bronze 850 watt

S
Scops owl 12.11.21

Wheeljack01
Probably ... Damn, I didn't want to change my Kepler to Maxwell when Pascal is just around the corner: (
For now, I 'll just reinstall Windows. It’s been necessary for a long time, otherwise it hasn’t changed for 3 years (there was an update for 10) it will suddenly help :) For and without a video card, the system has recently become very strange to boot ...
Wheeljack01 Thought
so too. But when my brother's card heroically died. There were artifacts. And the drivers did not want to be installed at all (they wrote that there was no video card), but everything is fine here, it seems. He sees everything, tries to put everything. But the computer just hangs and stops displaying the image: (Although ... it is also possible in the card.

B
Brashnashla 12.11.21

Splyushka
if a blue screen flies out, then using BSODViewer you can track the log and understand the cause of the error
If a computer starts up without a vidyuhi - on the built-in video, then the problem is in the card

S
Scops owl 12.11.21

Brashnashla
In general, I figured it out a little. Seeing the price tags for the new cards, I thought a little. Even the same new one from China to bring ~ 50 tr.
Having searched the Internet. I decided to "torment" the video card. Warmed up with a hairdryer. She began to work, but literally for 10-15 minutes. Then BSOD again. So I thought that the card was alive, it was most likely that the chip was dumped. I asked a friend to heat the chip with a construction hair dryer (I read it on the Internet) While I'm sitting for the second day, pah-pah. I don’t know if it’s long enough. Some have enough for many years. Someone for a month or two. But she has already set her sights on collecting money for a new card.

S
Sanchez ramirez 12.11.21

Warming up extends the life of the card only by a couple of months at best. Alas, this is not a panacea.