3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Soundchaser 12.11.21 12:54 am

FPS drops (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Good day to all.
First of all, the characteristics of my PC:
I7-4790K 4.00GHz 
16GB Ram 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB 
Win 10
The problem is this, at high settings, the system produces 45-90 FPS depending on the location, in open areas or in caves, etc.
The trouble is that after 15-20 minutes of playing, the FPS drops to 15-20 stable.
Only restarting the computer helps.
Having checked the heating of the system, they give me the following result: what is the percentage, 70 degrees.
Not critical, but for me this is not usual, because on the same Syndicate (AC) a maximum of 55 degrees at high settings (55-60 stable FPS).
By the way, it is not a little important, such turbidity is only in TR, other games do not suffer from this, and even after leaving TR with a low FPS, in other games all the rules.
So I don't know, it doesn't look like overheating, it's not 100+, someone plays at 80 degrees and doesn't complain.
Gentlemen, experts, tell me what could be the problem?
Thank you in advance!!
26 Comments
Sort by:
U
USSoldier 12.11.21

Soundchaser
is an optimization of the bottom of the game, most of them have such a problem, by the way I also have frequent drawdowns at high drawdowns, your room should have stable 60fps at high ones,

a
adikus1 12.11.21

Soundchaser
Either overheating is all the same (vidyuhi or mother), but if there is no such thing in other games, then the memory leak is most likely (try to play with the paging file) also during the fall of the FPS, check if there is anything extra hanging in the task manager

A
Apokalipsis113 12.11.21

Studio settings. I suppose pcss and other active joys.

S
Soundchaser 12.11.21

adikus1
Thank you, I will check the memory ...

Apokalipsis113
Alas, at work, I can not provide ((
I'll try and really check if there is anything superfluous.

y
yurgenj 12.11.21

throw the computer in the trash

A
Aenmutus 12.11.21

yurgenj
Envy is bad.

I
Ignatyeff 12.11.21

Aenmutus
Confirmed.

R
Raptr48 12.11.21

This is all Denuveau's protection, it rapes your hard drive, so only a reboot helps, but soon it loads the disk again.

S
Soundchaser 12.11.21

Raptr48 What
is she? Does it only work on my computer? Why doesn't everyone have such a problem?

i
ili0ili 12.11.21

Soundchaser
Apparently Denuveau is taking revenge on pirates xD Sorry, former pirates.

s
saa0891 12.11.21

Soundchaser Reduce

texture quality, turn off tessellation, turn on vertical.

S
Soundchaser 12.11.21

ili0ili
There are no ex- pirates))
saa0891
So I generally can put at a minimum, what for did I take a computer? What to look at the soap?
I would understand if initially the hardware could not cope with the settings, but immediately from 60 to 15? What kind of tessellation is there? What textures?

s
saa0891 12.11.21

Soundchaser

Maximum textures (again, there is practically no difference between maximum and high, what kind of soap we are talking about, the picture in the game is excellent) require 6 gigabytes of memory, you only have four, again, some settings can also not load vidyahu, the same tessellation, reduce the settings and see if there will be lags.

S
Soundchaser 12.11.21

saa0891
And who said that I have textures at maximum speed ? And about the soap, I said about the minimum, read carefully.
The settings are what GeForce Experience considers optimal. It is unlikely that the program will put settings where 6 gig is required, on a card with 4 ...

s
saa0891 12.11.21

Soundchaser

I wrote to you what you need to do if it lags, reduce the settings, there are no other recipes, unless of course you have a miner already, but then all the games would be lagged.

S
Soundchaser 12.11.21

saa0891
" lags " ....... "lags" .... Thank you horse for your desire to help, but .... "lags" ... Sorry, it won't let go ...

i
ili0ili 12.11.21

Soundchaser
screen the settings, well, or try to find a test lara with your video card and set the same settings
P / S GeForce Experience can set crazy settings, for example in my cs go it set a resolution higher than mine on the monitor (DSR) and in the end everything soapy and fine xD

S
Soundchaser 12.11.21

ili0ili
About CS: GO, I totally agree))) I'll throw off the
settings in a couple of hours, when I'm at home.
Thank you very much for your desire to help !!

N
Nivellen 12.11.21

I had a similar problem, but only after 15-20 minutes of the game the FPS dropped and it was impossible to play in all games. I remember I only decided this by changing the video card, but it was not long) 7 months and again lags. Well, in general, I'm still worse). Well, in general 1. Test the RAM memory with Aida before the start of the game and after the start of the lags. 2. You can also check the capacitors wherever possible. 3. You can even check with a furmark vidyuhu whether there are sharp jumps in temperature. Well, you can still defragment the hard drive and check it with an antivirus. So far, all that I remembered what I did)

B
Brotello 12.11.21

To clarify the situation, the tomb rider eats 4 gig of video memory at maximum speed, half a gig works at a slow speed. If you switch anti-aliasing separately in the game, then after 5 minutes it will drop to 15 frames. Half a giga of video memory is slowing down. The second problem, the more common one, flies automatically the video card driver, after which in many games there is a drop in frames per second, restarting the computer helps. This is such firewood released green. I tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the driver, it did not help. I constantly reboot if the driver crashes especially due to old games. The system is the same as yours.