3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ALCAB 12.11.21 12:54 am

Microphone and headphones.

Hello everyone. Such a thing, I bought myself a Samson C01U pro microphone, and I hung up. After connecting to the system unit, the headphones stopped working. They start working only when connected to the microphone itself, but this is very inconvenient. Actually, how is it correct to connect the microphone and headphones so that the headphones themselves are connected to the system unit and not to the microphone?
8 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vaipen 12.11.21

Em headphones into the microphone. It's like this. Aren't they connected through different connectors?

S
Sidorovich 12.11.21

JohnProf

Spoiler The
microphone acts as an external sound card and, apparently, its software turns off the built-in one while it is connected.

If you don't like it dig in the microphone driver settings and sound settings in Windows

m
masha 12.11.21

Disassemble the microphone and unnecessary headphones, put the wire from the headphones inside the microphone and connect directly to the audio cable via the cable from the headphones, as it should be.
No need to buy USB microphones.

S
Sidorovich 12.11.21

Masha
So the USB microphone can provide a higher sound quality than the built-in sound, and for what you described you must at least be able to solder (although it may hold on to electrical tape, but what is the sound quality then).

m
masha 12.11.21

Sidorovich
If this microphone has the same sound card inside, then a regular microphone is connected to it. There is a condenser microphone inside, the same one that stands everywhere where possible, a small one with a hole, probably stands. The Chinese know how to do it.

S
Sidorovich 12.11.21

Masha
Well, it makes sense to specially buy a USB microphone, and then remake it for the usual little. It's like playing only Tetris on a top-end computer.

m
masha 12.11.21

Sidorovich
And what to do now? Return back to the store.
Instructions probably go to the microphone, everything can be done there as it should, if you think about it, probably.

A
ALCAB 12.11.21

Thank you guys all for the advice, but all that just had to be wiser in sound devices and that's it)