3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
ViIksVi WxW 12.11.21 06:52 pm

Remove mod (XCOM 2)

How can I remove a mod without breaking my save?
12 Comments
Sort by:
B
BezNIKij 12.11.21

Impossible, if you started playing with the mod, then if you disable it, the save will be inoperative

g
gigabait_220 12.11.21

Damn, in every second original description of the mods it is written to reserve the save.

n
nahabin 12.11.21

gigabait_220
In other games, when the mod is turned off, a message like "no content .. blah blah blah" appears when loading, and they start quietly.
I would like the same here. Well, I tried the mod, I didn’t like it and I had to roll back to where. Not convenient.

H
HoganHog 12.11.21

ViIksVi WxW
nahabin
Just turn it off (stupidly uncheck the box in Launchir and that's it!) Start sitting idle!
Spoiler

n
nahabin 12.11.21

HoganHog
If so. When disabled, all saves with him are covered by 3.14@zdoy.

H
HoganHog 12.11.21

nahabin
Well, that is, entering the save file writes that there is no such mod? Then just copy the names of these mods (from the Mods folder) into Config DefaultModOptions.ini their names from there are simply erased!
Spoiler [Engine.XComModOptions]
ActiveMods = "Recovery 2x speed"
ActiveMods = "Animation150"
ActiveMods = "AnyClassAnyWeapon"
ActiveMods = "ArmorUtilitySlots"
ActiveMods = "CapnbubsAccessoriesPack"
ActiveMods = "Disable_Timers"
ActiveMods = "EnemyLoot"
ActiveMods = "EvacAll"
ActiveMods = "Extra_WeaponSlot"
ActiveMods = "GoTTattos"
ActiveMods = "KatanaMod"
ActiveMods = "LW_AlienPack"

ActiveMods = "NoSquadsightPenalties"
ActiveMods = "StopWastingMyTime"
ActiveMods = "XComInternationalVoicesPack"
ActiveMods = "PerfectInformation"
ActiveMods = "ExperimentalItemUnlock"
I've done this myself many times! I also don't know a couple of mods, and because of them some others were deleted (in the .ini file), and therefore the saves did not start, I had to register and select them in Launchare again, then it worked again!

M
Mercurionio 12.11.21

So far, this hemorrhoid can get in the way. But developed in the course of this (wrote in the incentive), so I think they will correct it by the release of the first DLC. And this is in the spring.

H
HoganHog 12.11.21

Mercurionio
Happy birthday !!!!!

n
nahabin 12.11.21

HoganHog Cool
advice, thanks. I'll try .

M
Mercurionio 12.11.21

HoganHog
ATP, but it is tomorrow =))) Xs what with PGshkoy

H
HoganHog 12.11.21

nahabin
I wrote a little wrong! I described another situation above!
And on the topic so ....
If it's about one mod that you want to remove, but when you turn it off, the saves are not said without it, then so ...
You go into the folder with the mods, then into this mod itself and stupidly delete everything except the file. XComMod, and in Launcher you leave it on!
That's it, now the mod itself is not in the game, but its name is enough to start saves!

N
Nikita Zvonarev 12.11.21

guys, the problem with removing the More Ability Selection mod. just forgot to make a copy of the DefaultClassData. help out. Does anyone have the original of this file (not modified)? or tell me how to get rid of the mod without a backup file?