3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Plus Adin nah 12.11.21 07:30 pm

DM-Compressed_2 for UT3. (Unreal Tournament 3)

Remake of the DM-Compressed card from UT2004 for UT3 in-house production.
I ask you to drive it, test it, point out the shortcomings, bugs.
http://files.filefront.com/DM+Compressed+2+UT3rar/;9367222;/fileinfo.html
17 Comments
Sort by:
t
totktonada 12.11.21

Oh, well, you give, I remember, if I am not mistaken, it was you in the chaos who offered to make this map, what were you offered to do yourself?

P
Plus Adin nah 12.11.21

No, it was ka4a that offered, I agreed, it’s better to get used to it in the new editor :), I’m on the ear under the nickname Dart-ROA

t
totktonada 12.11.21

clear) I'm not registered there, but I go to read. I'll write a review in a couple of hours

t
totktonada 12.11.21

damn, money for adsl ran out :(

P
Plus Adin nah 12.11.21

Screens:
http://uxaos.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=9352#post9352

A
Ant. 12.11.21

I ran around the map (by the way, it seems like I downloaded it first :-)) I was pleasantly surprised by the visual style - the static mesh is even better than in the original.

Now for constructive criticism:

1) Scale from UT2004? There are no dodge jumps in UT3. Because scale UT: UT2004 = ~ 1: 1.25, then it should have been reduced by 20% (320 UU -> 256 UU, etc.)
2) Illumination is worse than in the original. It looks more like zone lighting (by the way, can you tell me how to do it in the new engine? :)) There are no shadows from the fans, as in UT2004 (in fact, these are spotlights, or dynamic lighting)
3) No emitters.
4) Something I do not remember the boots on the old compressed.
5) Make the elevators a little slower, otherwise you bump your head on the ceiling.

P
Plus Adin nah 12.11.21

Good morning!
It's nice that I liked the design. :)
1.Unfortunately, I don’t fumble about scaling cards, so I ask you to explain how and what needs to be done, damn it, but I couldn’t understand why I couldn’t jump onto the hanging platform from the double-jump, I thought that the Double itself was reduced. jump.
2.Nothing can be done with lighting, everything is achieved by the brightness of the materials, at first in attempts from what is to assemble a map in the same metal, rusty concrete style, I liked this path, but this is taking into account the fact that the entire unprepared area of ​​the map was dressed into a monotonous white material, the enlightenment came later, when he had already begun to correct the light, but nothing could be done here, either redraw (and kill) the entire map or put a sky-light, but it kills all shadows, all glare, in general, all light effects, so what to do I do not know. In general, the whole UT3-Liandri and Human maps look gloomy, and all "thanks" to the realism of light.
3. This is generally a sore subject, there are almost none of them there, or there is no need to make fucking smoke with an ultra-multi-polygonal static mesh, as it is done on the EPIK maps, this is a frenzy over FPS. And what kind of emitters are needed?
4. Since there is no adrenaline in UT3, then your advice is needed here, those who are already well acquainted with the game, tactics and balance, where to put all this? So much so that did not happen, that in one part of the map in the meat produced terminators, and the other ....
5.Sliftami understand, and which is where DD?

P
Plus Adin nah 12.11.21

Forgot ...
What about light to tell you?

t
totktonada 12.11.21

but can you tell me how to change the scale? Zoom in and out the whole map, individual static mixtures ...

E
EDDISON 12.11.21

eh .. why are all the cards in ut3 so dark? twist the brightness to the maximum so that you can see everything normally: /

t
totktonada 12.11.21

this is a common misfortune of all games with "realistic lighting", although in all the original maps it is light for me without mocking the settings.

A
Ant. 12.11.21

Don't mind, I fixed your map a little with
DM-Compressed-beta1-AntEdit :)
actually, this is not a full version yet.
While I'm digging with the lighting. Then I will finish it.

Your mistakes:

1) "Even lighting". From the snot comes 255.255.255 instead of green, respectively, but from the yellow lamp there should also be a yellow light .. etc.
2) A lot of errors. The type of identical static meshes one in another (fixed)
3) The lights must be placed on the mixtures, otherwise they will not shine (until they are fixed)
4) The radius of the light has been made smaller ...
5) The "texture disalignment" has been fixed a little
6) MyP1.upk it is better to rename it under the name of the map (DM-Compressed_2.upk) - in order to avoid errors.

I don't even know where to pour it ..

ps my version is a little darker (needs to be fixed) and weighs 200 KB less :)

P
Plus Adin nah 12.11.21

Ant thanks a lot, no mind, try to put the skylight on, understand how to set it up, I just don't have time to do it, I'll start correcting mistakes in the evening, I had a crap of day 2 with light, add yellow nilzya in no case, then everything will become terrible gloomy, there the tags themselves have a rusty hue, there each light bulb is "in place", after long experiments with light. There are many blue bulbs on the Deck, but this feature did not work for me, I just did not understand how to place them more competently, and actually what effect on They give Deka.

P
Plus Adin nah 12.11.21

If anything, my ICQ 401710419

P
PurePlay 12.11.21

Ant: scale UT: UT2004 = ~ 1: 1.25 Did you mean the ratio UT3: UT2004?

P
Plus Adin nah 12.11.21

If you are going to do rebuild-level, do not be afraid when you see a ton of the same errors, these yellow non-critical errors do not affect anything, they are related to the Bio material, and the visual effect as well.

K
Ka4a 12.11.21

oh lord my prayers have been answered. now drove this card with a bot. very awesome.