3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fhntv 15 12.11.21 07:35 pm

Jedy academy: a modification (escape yavin 4) (Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy)

Recently bought !!! I advise you to look for a cool thing !!! Changed the handles, and the swords themselves, added swords in the form of an ax, discs, two sticks ...
62 Comments
Sort by:
J
John cooper 12.11.21

As for me, the modification is lousy. Most likely ours did it.

s
show_off 12.11.21

Can you tell me where to find the passage for this mod?

M
Master corwin 12.11.21

The very idea of ​​the mod is interesting. That's just not worked out, not thought out properly. If sclerosis does not change me, the developers of the mod tried to implement the branch of events after the finals of the "Jedi Academy". Briefly: Jaden Korr switched to the dark side, drowning Roche, appropriating the Scepter of Ragnos, got caught red-handed, went to prison, decided to escape, washed away, brainwashed during his escape and returned to the light side of the Force, helping Mon Mothma deal with the next Dark Jedi. But the interesting topic was completely spoiled by the Jedi-Javas, whose appearance made me laugh Homeric, crowds of Jedi-Kaminoans, the resurrected Rosh Penin, and, most lethal, by Darth Maul (???!). But the assortment of light cutters, I admit, is really rich. I didn't really like the mod, so I did the following: pulled out the most interesting sabers from it, and drove them into the original "Academy". It turned out very nice.

Can you tell me where to find the passage for this mod?

Go to jcouncil.net - there, in my opinion, I met something similar.

M
Master corwin 12.11.21

By the way, in the "Escape from Yavin iV" mod, the lightsaber voice acting is much more real than in the original Academy. For example, during long fights, saturated with both attacks and blocks, swords, colliding with each other, emit a short hissing sound. Which is more in line with the reality of the Star Wars universe (see episodes 2 and 3 of the saga). In the Academy, the sound of the block is slightly tightened, as well as the sounds of activation and deactivation of the blade. The transfer of the voice acting of swords to the original Academy gives the atmosphere of the fights even more, cinematic, if I may say so, realism.

R
Russssslan [NKVD] 12.11.21

The game is good, but the levels are not worked out, sometimes it is not clear where to go

T
T0MAHAWK 12.11.21

Open up, the levels are shit !! nocli had to pass most of the levels.
and so it is quite interesting
By the way, in the fashion "Escape from Yavin iV" the voice acting of lightsabers is much more real than in the original Academy is more
real? and what, lightsabers exist in real life ?!

M
Master corwin 12.11.21

to T0MAHAWK more
real? and what, lightsabers exist in real life ?!
Man, in real life, lightsabers with their capabilities, of course, do not exist. But I meant relative realism, cinematic. Read, plz, posts carefully.
By the way, imitators of lightsabers, with all the gags from the pollutants, except, of course, the ability to cut everything that is possible, are sold quite actively, but I will not talk about it here, sorry. For - offtopic.

R

And the ability to create your own Persian is not particularly needed, bearded Kyle with a blue sword (although in the previous Dark Forces 2 series he was with a gold one) rules!

Тed 12.11.21

Can I have a link?

s
show_off 12.11.21

Corwin give a link while there is no moderator)

M
Master corwin 12.11.21

What is the link to? To a shop with light sabers, eh? Let's not annoy the modders (I myself am a global-modern on another site), therefore, Ted and Faun, check the PM ...

D
DemonGDC 12.11.21

How to transfer swords from Escape Yavin IV to Jedi Acdemy?

Тed 12.11.21

To which link
To Escape from Yavin iV.

M
Master corwin 12.11.21

Ted, google it. No offense, it's just that there is very little time now, but there is a lot of work.

Тed 12.11.21

Ted, google it. No offense, it's just that there is very little time now, but there is a lot of work.
I'm not offended. And to put on the face of the Jedi Academy ???

s
show_off 12.11.21

Bet on any.

Тed 12.11.21

Thank you Faun. I will find time and download.

M
Master corwin 12.11.21

How to transfer swords from Escape Yavin IV to Jedi Acdemy?
Not as easy as it sounds. You must have knowledge of modding (and preferably English).
The Base game folder contains files with the .pk3 extension - inside the entire structure of the Academy. "Escape from Yavin 4" - the same scheme, only these files, in my opinion, are fewer. A file with this extension is nothing more than an archive, packed, well, at least zip. XP calmly looks at it like a zip folder. Inside you need to find the / models / weapons / folders ... there are models of swords. But for them you also need to find sprites-sounds-textures-scripts-and-the like ... And even that's not all. Stupidly transferring all the files to the swords to the desired archive, you can only call them from the console, by the model name, for example, "saber darth_maul". To see the models in the game menu, accordingly, you need to edit the menu files of the original Academy.
The trick is that I did it a long time ago, and, to be honest, I have already forgotten the intricacies of the process ... I could have rolled out a kind of help, but now I don't have much time. And besides, I am also engaged in the localization of the original Academy, which, an infection, also does not pull at the ideal from the first time. So, if there is a desire, I will write, but I will have to wait.

R

By the way, the boss from escape yavin 4:
pix.PlayGround.ru
Doesn't remind anyone ?)

Тed 12.11.21

Russssslan
Yes link please. Did you swing ???