3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
M0Z3NN 12.11.21 07:37 pm

In books, squares instead of text (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

After the 11.11.21 update, I got bugs in the text in the books, more precisely in the notes, diaries and black books, although everything is fine in the books. Everything was fine yesterday, but today after game updates and mods from the Creativity Club. How to solve this problem.

36 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shaermout 12.11.21

Same problem

W
WAga 12.11.21

HELP!

A
Alexander Lovchikov 12.11.21

I have the same. just tin

F
FinistEG 12.11.21

And these glitches with books, etc. from the original or mod?
If mod, then everything is fine. We have to wait for the modders to fix their mods for the new patch. If they want to do it, of course;)

A
AntonioMartinez 12.11.21

On pure skyrim in scrapbook squares instead of text on ps4

A
Andy 80Hide 12.11.21

I join my brothers in misfortune. After upgrading to the anniversary edition and installing the mods, the handwritten texts became squares. Books, interface and stuff are all right. But the manuscripts - letters, scrolls, etc. - the font was broken.
With mods - no mods - a new game - the name in Russian and in English - no difference. Font update broke: from
Console, PS4. Anniversary update of the special edition version.
I have written to bethesda support, waiting for a response.

D
Derley 12.11.21

data / interface / fontconfig_ru.txt. In this file, you need to delete the second line ontlib "Interface fonts_en.swf, if there is one. And if there is none, then perhaps you previously had a mod for the font. You must completely remove it. In special edition, the problem was always solved with squares in books, notes, etc.

A
Andy 80Hide 12.11.21

UPD: "You noticed"
https://www.playground.ru/elder_scrolls_5_skyrim/news/novoe_izdanie_i_novye_problemy_igroki_zhaluyutsya_na_novye_bagi_v_skyrim_anniversary_edition-1153879
"Russian-speaking gamers are most affected by errors related to the localization of games in Russian For some unknown reason, the text on the notes in The Elder Scrolls V. : Skyrim Anniversary Edition is displayed in the form of squares. At the same time, there were no problems with the text in the books. Users came to the conclusion that the developers broke one of the built-in fonts in the game and they need to wait for updates, this problem cannot be fixed on their own. "

K
Kivaha 12.11.21

same problem on pc

M
MrKarlLogan 12.11.21

To fix the squares in the notes:

1. Download the archive: http://elderscrolls.net/files/skyrim/square_fix.zip
2. Copy the file from it here: Skyrim Special Edition Data interface

If you do not have the "Interface ", create it yourself.

Everything works, checked personally. Achievements work.

D
Darcus Compleetus 12.11.21

MrKarlLogan
thanks, really helped.

d
dudoslove1 12.11.21

MrKarlLogan
Thanks buddy, it helped.

S
Shaermout 12.11.21

Picked up the ring in the Laughing Rat tavern in Solitude, gave a note "Certificate of Authenticity". There is text on 1 page, and on 2 squares.

Z
Zack ruin 12.11.21

What should console owners do? (Support not responding

M
M0Z3NN 12.11.21

MrKarlLogan
Thanks people, it helped

S
SANTIMEL 17.11.21

MrKarlLogan
Thank you!

f
farshmandey 17.11.21

MrKarlLogan
something is not downloading

A
Andyexp 17.11.21

Zack Ruin
At the moment there is only one way -> switch the console language to English and start the game. Everything will be ok, but only completely in English. Well, or wait for the update of the game

s
sorry_me 17.11.21

farshmandey
copy the link into the address bar

L
Link0rn 17.11.21

MrKarlLogan

Brother, may God bless you !!!! You are the best!!!