3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kurbads 12.11.21 07:40 pm

Swap file (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

How much to put the swap file, if there is 8GB on board (if you disable it at all, then the game crashes due to lack of memory)
23 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 12.11.21

16 gigs.

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 12.11.21

I have a choice of system. Also 8GB. There are no problems at all.

p
prickly_81 12.11.21

at the choice of the system and preferably on another hard disk

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 12.11.21

prickly_81
I would be glad. But my other disk is HDD (SSD system). I don’t remember whether this will affect the speed or not.

L
LEFT FOR DTF 12.11.21

12 GB is optimal, I think

K
Kawaiizilla 12.11.21

Um, why do you need a swap file at 8 gigs?
Through the razer cortex, you kill unnecessary processes while you are playing, and everything is without problems.
On the contrary, it will reduce the FPS, as in the same GTA.

K
Kurbads 12.11.21

Kawaiizilla
if you disable it, the game will crash due to insufficient memory

M
ManowaR 12.11.21

the swap file should be at least 1.5 times the size of the RAM, and for good, 2 times.

D
Dimenttij 12.11.21

Swap file 200MB on ssd to save reports with Windows, swap is disabled in other places. There have been no games yet, 16GB operatives, maximum used only 6GB

R
Renox 12.11.21

Who went to put the file on the podkachik ssd? Ready to buy a new one?
Even temporary files cannot be left on the SDD and everything needs to be removed on the hdd

s
saa0891 12.11.21

Renox

On the SDD, even temporary files cannot be left and everything needs to be cleaned up on the hdd You

carry garbage, for this they put on the SSD what would work faster, but in 5 years it will still not work out its resource.

S
Sanchez ramirez 12.11.21

It's just that the file size should not be set to dynamic, but to a certain size.

w
wadimiy93 12.11.21

I didn't throw anything out for 8 GB of RAM in 20 hours of play without a swap file - if there is enough RAM, it is not advisable to turn it on at all. The only thing that can be achieved is the appearance of loading brakes ..

R
Renox 12.11.21

saa0891
Do you have any idea soon the rewrites will be done to temporary files, not to mention the swap file? Yuzai ssd for this, your business.

s
saa0891 12.11.21

Renox

Do you have any idea soon that rewriting is done in temporary files, not to mention the swap file

You at least google before writing something you don't know.

Yuzai ssd for this, your business.

Unfortunately, I do not have an SSD, I need a large volume, but they are expensive, somehow I don’t want to pay for a terabyte under 30K, you can certainly buy a 500 gigabyte one half cheaper, but I have my usual 750 gigabytes, so there will be no space all the time grab, you have to delete some games all the time.

R
Renox 12.11.21

I just know what I'm writing about. Here people are advised to make a swap file 16GB. Fools theme, by golly

s
saa0891 12.11.21

Renox,

I just know what I'm writing about.

The fact of the matter is that you do not know, and the saddest thing is that you are sure of what is really wrong.

R
Renox 12.11.21

OK. Put the swap file on ssd. Do another defragmentation a couple of times. And do not forget to make a swap file of 16 GB.

s
saa0891 12.11.21

Renox

okay. Put the swap file on ssd.

As soon as I buy it, I will put it right away, because they buy an SSD for that, so that it would work faster, and you can put it in a sideboard to extend the life cycle.

Do another defragmentation a couple of times.

This is not needed on an SSD.

And do not forget to make a swap file of 16 GB.

If there is enough space, why not supply.

R
Renox 12.11.21

hahahahha, oh I can't. Do as you like, schoolboy.