3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
click78 12.11.21 07:42 pm

The problem with the video card (?) After a power outage

Hello everyone! Faced a problem - during the game, the electricity was cut off, when the system unit was turned on again (when the light appeared), the signal from the video card (Palit Super Jetstreem Geforce 780 GTX) to the monitor disappeared. The system starts, a short squeak and sound of Windows 7 loading. On the video card, the cooler does not work , the LEDs are off. I took off the card, reinserted it into the connector, the result was zero ... I switched the cable to the integrated video (Core 3570K), the image appeared. I have a question - could the vidyuha burn out due to a sudden power outage? Yes, there is no uninterruptible power supply. BIOS of the motherboard does not see the video card.
58 Comments
Sort by:
D
DartMaul 12.11.21

click78
Because of a shutdown, it could not, but because of a voltage surge (which is usually followed by a shutdown due to the protection operation), it could.

c
click78 12.11.21

DartMaul
Thank you for your reply. Is this situation a warranty case or not?

S
SUSUL1 12.11.21

click78
Comrade DartMaul has a 100% guaranteed case =)
In general, if there is a guarantee, there are no damages and service stickers are not torn off, then the case is guaranteed, who is too aware that such weak power circuits were on the video card

D
DartMaul 12.11.21

Well, for starters, I would make sure that the card is really dead.
If yes, then to the guarantee. In essence, it is they who determine the warranty case or not.
I recommend that you do not particularly spread about the circumstances under which it went out of order.

SUSUL1 is a
bit too smart that such weak power circuits turned out to be on the
VRM video card vidyahi (and the vidyah itself) has nothing to do with it. If there was a power surge in the network, then the power supply should have stopped it. And if he let him into the system, then excuse me. I was also lucky that only the card was touched, otherwise the whole filling may burn out.

c
click78 12.11.21

DartMaul
Tomorrow I'll take a friend from a friend, a working w / c, I'll insert and see what happens. Or maybe the PCI slot is covered? By the way, there was also a thought about the power supply, why did he allow this-Thermaltake EVO BLUE 2.0 750W -80 PLUS Gold ...

i
igorilla_07 12.11.21

when the power was turned off during the game, the screws were covered, but the cards never. IMHO there are no processes from which it should be covered when the power is turned off, but the slot could burn out

S
SUSUL1 12.11.21

In general, the failure of the PC when the power is turned off is not normal, De-energizing the PC is a regular operation, when you have a blue screen or a viral process has started, then pulling out the plug or pressing a button is a regular procedure. it means most likely before that there was a strong jump, which could "break through" the protection of your power supply unit and disable the computer components. but the lousiest. that at the same time the power supply itself could come out, I recently said goodbye to two motherboards and processors. I made a
mistake = ( Therefore, measure the voltage on the lines of the video card with a multimeter, in order to avoid so to speak ...

D
DartMaul 12.11.21

When I bench, my system regularly goes down and I regularly extinguish it by turning off the power.
If this in itself could cause a component failure, I probably would have killed my bucket 10 times already.

c
click78 12.11.21

Thank you all for your sympathy. Today I inserted a knowingly working Geforce 860, everything started, but the nuance is that it does not require additional. What do you think the video card is exactly a cover or there may still be questions about the power supply? All other components of the PC are working normally

c
click78 12.11.21

I would like to clarify something on the situation of the previous breakdown in / to. The fact is that my 13-year-old son was actually playing, but I was not at home. Today I had a conversation with him, they say, tell me how it really happened so that you don't look like a fool in the service (as the story with the power outage did not seem very wealthy, for more than a year I have not seen this). So, the kind father's word and the kind of belt (just kidding :)) work wonders. He said that he played tanks and during the game the computer went to reboot, after which the image did not appear. Here are the things. The card is still being checked, tomorrow I will find out the result ... That is, it died out of the blue. I don't even want to deal with PALIT anymore :(

A
Armin_van_Ð’uuren 12.11.21

check it on someone's computer. it will definitely be clear there

c
click78 12.11.21

So I did, tomorrow I'll find out.

-
-SK.art- 12.11.21

click78

in the same way the PSU screwed up, at one time - during the game the computer went into reboot, there is no image, the fans on the video card are not spinning, they are spinning on the case. I thought it was the khan's video card, but it turned out that the block had died.

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 12.11.21

The point is clearly not Palit (GTX 260 boldly lived from them for six years). Most likely a shitty PSU. How long have you seen since the time of purchase?
Although Tanks are still a contagion ... They could also hit on vidyah.

c
click78 12.11.21

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix I
bought the video card in September 2013, before that there was 8800 GT 512MB (the irony of fate is also Palit). It was bought in 2007 and is now honestly working with my mother-in-law. I didn't know any problems with her. This one lasted a little over a year ...
What about Tanks did you mean?

c
click78 12.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
So it seems that the BP was not taken by the most frail with a margin and the company was not noname. There is no news on the map yet, breakfast is served :)

T

click78
Less than a year? Then, perhaps, a serious marriage of the vidyakha manifested itself. It just happens that in appearance - the card plows normally, but if you load it a little - and it crumbles. Very often this shows up on MSI Radeon R9 270 / 270X cards, but there it just pours out artifacts.

What about Tanks did you mean?
Yes, a couple of cases are known when healthy computers merged after the Tanks (especially after the graphics update) ... There are isolated cases, but there are.

E
Eroppo 12.11.21

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
It's clearly not about Palit (GTX 260 boldly lived from them for six years)
And by one vidyuha that lived for 6 years, you can judge that the padlit has no marriage at all? One of the most rotten offices, in which vidyuhi one after another wrap up. There was a kind of opinion that there are fewer marriages in the jetstream series, but still people constantly have problems

T

eroppo
I have a Palit GTX 260. Honestly outlived six years, but welled up a week after updating the drivers in the spring of 2014. Perhaps - I would have lived more. Except for loudly roaring coolers, there were no complaints.
Everyone does not speak very much about Palit. So we were very lucky with the 260th in our time.

c
click78 12.11.21

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
Less than a year?
Why less? September 2013 purchase year.