3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21 07:57 pm

sudden drop in fps

I did not know and am still not completely sure where it was worth unsubscribing, to the hard or software section, but having linked the latest events of cleaning the system unit, I decided that it was still in hard, although I was not completely sure.

the essence of what.
in any game, be it vermintide, or hot, or whatever, after about 3 minutes after starting the game, no matter what is being done or happening in it, the fps drops sharply to 15-20. while the computer is cold, the CPU load is not 100%.
restarting the game does not help, only restarting the computer.

it surfaced after I performed the maintenance of the system unit - cleaning, replacing thermal paste, nothing unusual with which I would not be familiar.

one but. this came up once, but very quickly disappeared when I decided that it was allegedly overheating and climbed to take out the vidyuhu in order to clean everything and check the thermal paste. after which the problem disappeared.
now all this looms in some kind of picture, but there is no desire to guess on the coffee grounds at all.
at first there were even suspicions of the power supply - disassembled, visually no malfunctions (swollen conduits, poor soldering, soot) were found, assembled.

inspection of vidyuhi also gave nothing.
generally have no idea from what and in which direction to go, decide by software, or hard.

I hope for help

motherboard z77-d3h
percent i5 3550
vidyuha msi 7950
RAM 2 Kingston
4giga 1ssd + 2xdd
power supply fsp gold 700 watts

Win7 x64.

UPD the
problem was solved,
it turned out that it was all the same overheating of the video card. the essence was in thermal paste, alsil3, which came to replace the old mx4. As a result, the new Deshman thermal paste could not cope with the transfer of such an amount of heat, as a result of which the radiator of the video card was cold, and the back side of the board where the GPU was installed simply boiled, while this all happened in the first half a minute from the moment the system was started.
and the drop in FPS was expressed by a sharp decrease in the operating frequency of the memory and GPU on the video - a protective mechanism against overheating
24 Comments
Sort by:
i
ili0ili 12.11.21

And what happens to the frequencies? After the drawdowns have gone, are there any changes?

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

ili0ili
what frequencies are we talking about? more specifically

p
pekabir 12.11.21

video card throttles not squeaking?
load of norms on it?

N
Nikita237 12.11.21

Adel Bessonov
I think he meant the frequency of gpu and cpu

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

The pekabir of
third-party noises, except for the noise of the fans and periodic grunts of tin cans, was not at all

under 100% gp, the vidyuhi was not clogged, because the games were not taken the most demanding, if I understood correctly what I mean about the load

p
pekabir 12.11.21

Adele Bessonov
afterburner cut in?

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

ili0ili
pekabir

with cp did not find anything,
with vidyuha a little differently
during a drawdown, the frequency of GPU and memory locks at 299 and 150

N
Nikita237 12.11.21

Adel Bessonov
does amd have a maximum performance mode? if there is, try to turn it on

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

Nikita237
talking about what's on the screen? I didn’t climb into life there according to the policy, you don’t know - don’t get involved :)
if there is anything to correct there, then only under the specific guidance of knowledgeable people

N
Nikita237 12.11.21

Adel Bessonov
Judging by the screen, this is the overclocking section

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

an interesting fact I monitored I

start the truck mark, I launch the afterburner, monitor the fps, frequencies and temperatures

in the afterburner, the temperature rises to 90 in two seconds, after which, within about 7 seconds, a subset of 100 degrees, after which the fps drop occurs, the GPU frequency drops by 300 MHz and that's it ... slideshow fps.
and at this time the temperature in the lodge is at a standstill.

assumptions? I just rukozhop and poorly applied paste / screwed on the radiator and is this protective measures against overheating, or has the vidyuha already caught a malfunction from the high temperature and lives its own life?

UPD1
opened the system unit by launching a furmark and put his finger on the radiator tubes of the vidyuhi, and on its back. tube ice, the back of the vidyuhi almost pinned her finger. apparently I'm a handshake.
what does the death of vidyuhi look like from overheating? to know at what symptoms it is already pointless to panic

R
Ryazancev 12.11.21

There is definitely a problem with the video card. I had a similar situation on a netbook due to overheating. It seems that you have overheating somewhere, perhaps the power circuits of the vidyuhi.
The driver does not crash by chance (the screen does not blink) when the FPS drops?

R
Ryazancev 12.11.21

Adele Bessonov
Just a rukozhop. It is necessary to rebuild and tighten the radiator exactly,
and then hope that the chip is still alive (just kidding).
Chip is more likely alive than dead.

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

Ryazancev
no sorties, screen blinks too. overheating diagnosis confirmed, see updated comment above.

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

Ryazancev
not funny jokes you have, monsieur)
we will do now. the whole joke is that the radiator mounts on the vidyuhe are not rigid, but spring

R
Ryazancev 12.11.21

Adel Bessonov
Good luck with the right collection. Don't worry, the chip has good protection there. HE IS ALIVE!

p
pekabir 12.11.21

and when the internet is cut down, the same feces?

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

the problem is solved, I added the first post, many thanks to everyone and kindness who helped to understand the issue

V
Vatafaker 12.11.21

Adel Bessonov
Alsil is just a CRAM!

A
Adele Bessonov 12.11.21

Watafaker
ah and don't say, I 'm ashamed myself. how the performance characteristics of both pastes googled so immediately everything became clear