3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DEN63RUSS 12.11.21 10:55 pm

AMD (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

users with amd how are you doing with optimization? I generally cannot play 15-30-45 and jumps constantly, especially on large maps like a Soviet base or in the forest
20 Comments
Sort by:
S
SaidcoreyRomance 12.11.21

At first it was normal, then the FPS started to jump, and after updating the firewood, the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix. it got even worse

D
DEN63RUSS 12.11.21

Yes Yes

S
SaidcoreyRomance 12.11.21

so we wait, hope and believe that soon amd will wake up and do everything right. And if this continues, then the campaign will have to go to competitors

L
Lisstoman 12.11.21

A little advice: when buying the next video card, do not suffer and take nvidia, because the pricing policy of amd was on par with the pricing policy of nvidia. And to give up their bloodsheds and so suffer, but at the same time do not get off the AMD, you have to be either a mazahist or just a fan beaten off on your head.

D
DEN63RUSS 12.11.21

r9 290

S
Scorponozhek 12.11.21

DEN63RUSS
Put the last katalist (beta version) which came out before the release of the very first crimson, unlock "power limit" (google how it's done or "overclockers.ru" to help) and set + 50%. Perhaps it will be possible to avoid drawdowns and the game will go smoother, I don't have this game myself, but in other new products this method works ...

V
Vasek Vasekk 12.11.21

I will say about AMD.
Disgusting cantor and precisely because of the drivers. I'm not a fanboy of Nvidia, so to speak.
The first card was 2 mx 400, the second, FH 5200, Then there was an excellent Radeon 9600XT ... which was the best choice.

Let's take the 6670 video card - it supports DH11. But new firewood is no longer available for it - only from 77xx. Why is it a mystery to me.
Nvidia supports the entire line from the 4xx series now.
For a friend, because of this (that there are old firewood), SKYPE and Mozilla crashes into a white screen. Since the firewood is no longer updated, but new programs are being updated. I personally gave him 7 8-ku and 10-ku. And then the screen is white. And only in these 2 programs - Comedy.
We put the old 550 Tee and everything works. Map 6670 - 100% working new is not warmed up anywhere.

I will never buy AMD because of their underdevelopment.
In half a year, some sort of PX 270 will no longer be in the list of supported ones. Nifig is necessary.

7Rain7 12.11.21

You have some strange problems. R9 290x. On the chip 1150, on the memory 6800, I raised it up to 1.23. No problems at all. There are no drawdowns in the game, everything is smooth and pleasant.

S
Scorponozhek 12.11.21

Vasek Vasekk
7000 radeon series is still supported by new drivers and is not humiliated with the release of the new line. Regarding the 4-hundredth series of nvidia cards - it came out just a year earlier than the 7-thousandth from the Radeon (the difference is only a year), so it's a dubious plus, for me, that the 4-hundredth, that the 6-thousandth are already morally outdated. And regarding amd, I agree that in most cases you can't do without dancing with a tambourine)) Until recently, it still made sense to take amd because of the noticeably lower price, even if it was worth it to "dance", now the prices are equal and already it's better to take what is more profitable in your city, right now cards from amd, but I can't say anything against nvidia cards ...

m
mister611 12.11.21

DEN63RUSS
Everything is fine with the game on the AMD card, but after the update it became even better. Look for problems in yourself. If there are enough operatives (12-16) and the CPU is normal, and the latest drivers - everything should fly!. If not, then the OS is a curve or which programs interfere with normal operation. The game is all right, I have been playing calmly since the release date and I am not worried.
In general, if you ask technical questions on the forum, then indicate your config, so as not to guess why you have problems. It is better to write in your profile so that you can see it.

L
LakerSC 12.11.21

r9 390 fx 8320, at max 40 - 45 fps, you can play, but there is some discomfort in management. Reducing the setting a little: 50-60 frames. The textures are maximum, the benefit of 8GB of video memory is conducive. I will never buy nividia again, enough to support the monopolistic system, it will not lead to anything good. Moreover, the card is gorgeous, but of course I would like to change the processor, the old fx is already asking for retirement.

V
Vasek Vasekk 12.11.21

LakerSC Do
n't buy - what's the problem.
Other Windows do not buy and sit on the principle of Bubuntu.

The question is that Nvidia is head and shoulders above AMD in terms of drivers, and without drivers, any hardware is essentially a piece of metal.
A new hit game has come out and already has a driver for it.

Take the ancient 8600 GT card right there - the drivers for it were released almost until recently. Date 2015.10.11.
For an analogue from AMD, for example for 3850 - the latest drivers (cat 13.9) - 10/15/2013
In the updated skype, by the way, white screens are observed - on the old firewood. On the new ones, everything is ok. But the trouble is a person does not play games (and it is not possible to run for a new card camilfo), he doesn't care about 3d - but he needs skype, it is updated and does not work with old firewood, it conflicts. In the mode with remote drivers, everything is ok.

L
LakerSC 12.11.21

Vasek Vasekk
Nvidia is head and shoulders above AMD in terms of drivers in what and how it bypasses I cannot understand, the game came out - I play it and everything suits me, nothing lags. Another thing is the notorious slowdown of the old generation cards of nividia. Therefore, keep buying their products, making them a monopolist.

without drivers any piece of iron is essentially a piece of metal. AMD has drivers, all of a sudden, right?
A new hit game has come out and already has a driver for it. and with it the notorious gamework in games, which cuts optimization at the root, bravo. An example is a new folich, in which even the 980ti dropped to 40 frames for the first time.

V
Vasek Vasekk 12.11.21

LakerSC
AMD has not only slowdowns - they are not even installed (new katalists) for generations 5xxx and 6xxx with DH 11. And the owner of such a card (for example 6670) has to look for all sorts of Legacy assemblies in the garbage dumps. because it has been updated and there is no driver.
And it catches a white screen at startup. So who is the monopolist? The card is new in fact - and the life of the drivers is negligible. Drivers are not released on the card with DH11. Here is AMD in all its glory.

The fact that the new Nvidia drivers do not give an increase in fps for the same 4xx, 5xx is understandable - but the drivers are comprehensively updated for critical flaws in new games and also 2D applications.
Let's take the same 15 katalists - what increase they give to the old 7xxx series cards - nothing the same. Everything is tailored for the new R9. In half a year, the 7xxx series will not be in the list of supported by 17 katalists either.

L
LakerSC 12.11.21

Vasek Vasekk
Our dispute with you will not lead to anything, the red and green have their pros and cons. We will each stick to his own opinion. Therefore, as a counterargument to the above, I can say: ~~~ Gladiolus! ~~~ We can finish here.

V
Vasek Vasekk 12.11.21

LakerSC
There is no dispute - so to speak in the 3D plane of games - who is better, who is faster, etc. ...

I write only unpleasant observations in the context of drivers.
AMD very quickly stops supporting the old generations, unlike Nvidia.
As a result, the end user remains with the gladiolus in his hand - it is impossible for him not only to play games, but to launch ordinary 2D programs.

L
LakerSC 12.11.21

Vasek Vasekk
Both companies have "unpleasant observations in the context of drivers". With gladiolus, sooner or later, everyone will remain who will sit with old cards or with crooked hands, whoever is as lucky. Enough procrastinating on this topic, the topic was not created for this.

U
USSoldier 12.11.21

DEN63RUSS
my fps also jumps, for example, from 60 to 30, or from 40 to 28, the config in the profile, but did not go down to 15, I personally went down to at least 27 fps, but very rarely, fps is of course extremely unstable, I personally have this I deleted the game until better times, so as not to spoil the impression, which I advise you, when patches and drivers with optimization come out, then you need to go through the game, developed there probably jerk off pussy instead of sawing patches

U
USSoldier 12.11.21

in arkham knight divine optimization compared to this game

D
DEN63RUSS 12.11.21

dx 12 can be filed with optimization