3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 12.11.21 11:11 pm

Game Impressions (The Banner Saga)

A game that makes you fall in love at first sight and does not let go until the very end. A project that is living proof of the success of Kickstarter! Indeed, with the money collected on it, straight hands are able to create a miracle. Coming from BioWare, who jumped off the EA assembly line, founded their own independent studio Stoic and decided to make a "project for the soul", a game that they themselves would be interested in playing. And they did it.
The developers, inspired by the Scandinavian flavor, have created a whole setting with cities, forests, roads ... all this can be studied for a long time on the world map, reading descriptions of a particular place. A world in which the sun stopped and the gods died. The visual side of the project is a whole song! The drawn characters are pleasing to the eye, and the landscapes during travels amaze the imagination. That is why you can forgive minor flaws in animation right away. And there is also great music that inspires and touches the soul.

As for the gameplay itself, we have a combination of tactical games, role-playing elements and an interactive book. During our wanderings, a lot of events take place, which the game informs us about in a text box and offers several options for action. The result in such moments can sometimes be the most unpredictable and even fatal for some heroes. And, most importantly, later these events will echo more than once.
When it comes to battles, the tactical component comes into play, to act thoughtlessly in turn-based combat, directing units to attack the first enemy they come across, this is an automatic failure, without thought processes in The Banner Sage nowhere. The developers have not forgotten about the role-playing element: the heroes develop to the fifth level, increasing their main combat parameters, in addition, each of them can be equipped with one artifact bought in the city or found in the wanderings. And money is glory here, it is needed for everything from pumping to buying provisions. Yes, in the game, along with the main characters, a whole horde of hungry mouths travels who need daily food, and you shouldn't forget to maintain morale too - if people are tired, it is better to have a day or two rest.

Total: characters, visual performance, plot, combat system, text events, music - everything is done at the highest level with an unprecedented polish from the developers. But what can I say, before us, neither more nor less - a real masterpiece!

10/10
3 Comments
Sort by:
T
Toxa95 12.11.21

The plot and characters are catchy. The graphics are beautiful and stylish as hell. The plot, although a little overused, has its own flavor. The combat is interesting and moderately tactful, but without brute force with hundreds of parameters, as in the same D&D. Luxurious music emphasizes the atmosphere.
In general, an excellent game, the only claim to the duration. I want more! Fortunately, the second part is in development.

S
Sater 12.11.21

Yes, but why does FPS jump like that? At the moment when, for example, you move from battle to camp, there is 1 frame per second. During the battle - 60-58 fps.

J
JackalSTV 12.11.21

The Banner Saga
If you've played DArk Souls, you know very well about hardcore. That put up with our nervous system.
It's even worse. Not only are the fights not so easy. So still almost every time the game forces you to make a choice in very serious situations. And every choice has its consequences. It seems that the choice that you make is logically correct and should not bear serious consequences. But The Banner Saga will twist out in a way that you can't even imagine. And your choice will become almost the worst of those listed. You can of course reboot. But keep in mind that your nearest preservation is far away, and when you get to this place, it is far from the fact that you will be given this situation again. Simply put, there is replayability in the game.
In short, in Dark Souls nerves, and here all the other emotions. Including sadness and regret about the choice made.
I honestly admit that my tears almost flowed with that ending that I fell out with when I made a choice.
Otherwise, everything is very wonderful.
The gameplay is simple if you study it carefully and read all the tips. Even turn-based battles look very interesting. And the possibility of tactics and strategy is present. As well as pumping heroes.
The graphics are beautiful, and not which landscapes are mesmerizing. And it's hard to come off.
The music is also at its best. Almost all compositions are beautiful and not boring.
The plot is good too. And situations and plot twists, there are just a lot of them.

Conclusion: The game turned out to be surprisingly good. The story, albeit with a sad end, turned out to be great.
You can only find fault with the gameplay. Since he gets bored in the end. And the difficulty in battles. Therefore, I strongly recommend that beginners put an easy difficulty. And then when you pass, you will want to pass it again then the level and increase. And you will want to go through, since there are many situations that you want to replay with a different choice and see what comes of it.
I myself will pass before the exit of the continuation. Which I am undoubtedly looking forward to.
And the game is 8/10