3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vizign 17.11.21 02:17 am

Defense, I Can't Understand (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous)

I can't figure out what's wrong with my defense. In general, my Persian seems to be holding up pretty well, but clearly worse than Siila. In stats, the level of protection is catastrophically low. Even Lann has more protection, and Deiran is a frail healer, who got close to mine. And this despite the fact that my Persian is a paladin, a monk and a two-handed warrior. How is that?!

Spoiler

28 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vizign 17.11.21

Mods and cheats are not used.

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

Dairan may not be so frail ... On the screenshot, the +3 bonus from the wings is not taken into account.
A small clarification - Deyran is not a melee fighter (he needs a dagger solely because of the dagger's +4 bonuses to ranged touch attacks). Deiran is attacking me with electricity - the "Chain of lightning" spell.

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

Well, in fact, the KZ gets protective spells. Therefore, without supports, life in the game will be intense but short (even on easy difficulty). Here is another example of "obkast", this time my GG. In fact, AC = 86 (did not take into account +3 from the wings and +3 from the "Defensive battle" mode). The correct AC value is taken into account in battle.

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

I beg your pardon, you can do even more KZ. Just now I discovered that Siila had the "Protecting Friend" ability, which gives a bonus to AC to all allies in a 30-foot aura, equal to Siila's Charisma modifier (I suspect that this is a reward for completing a personal quest). In previous patches, I did not notice this ability. Total SC of my YG = (85 + 3 + 3) = 91

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

KZ boasted, but did not give an example of "obkast". Correcting the situation. From what is on the screen: The aura of holiness and the pillar of life "clung" themselves as a result of a glitch (now they hang permanently on the character, the aura even works). The whole group takes real 5 minutes of time for each map. (which is very inconvenient in Chapter 5). Spells with a duration - 24 hours (because two epic skills are injected for "Long lasting spells")

V
Vizign 17.11.21

St_Slave
I see that some types of protection stack, for example natural armor. Is that how it should be?
I will check the result after the obcasts, but I remember that from 29 it went up to 38-42 no more. And the difference we have is only 1 lvl.
And half of my defensive buffs do not stack.

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

What does not stack is not scary. The bigger bonus always works. For example: let's take "Transformation" and "Legendary dimensions". The AC bonus from these spells does not "stack" (the bonus from "Legendary sizes is larger", but the "transformation" is cast in general by the very last one (only in order to raise the BAB and get an additional attack). Let's consider now: "Frightening aspect", again does not stack with the previous two spells, but it must be cast for the sake of the aura of intimidation! Again, the "Angelic aura" does not stack with the "shield of faith" or "aura of holiness", in this case the "shield of faith" can be neglected (because he has only the main +5 bonus to reflection defense, without any additional),

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

Vizign
For comparison, the same character, but without obkast

V
Vizign 17.11.21

St_Slave
Vo! Now clearly. Is there any order in the imposition of buffs, so that the profit is greater, or when casting buffs, do not take into account the bonuses from previous spells?

V
Vizign 17.11.21

St_Slave
Obtained, but still, the stone flower does not come out. KZ 35 -> 44.

Spoiler

V
Vizign 17.11.21

Caste
Spoiler

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

Let's look at your example. Personally, what immediately catches your eye:
1. Wrong build
2. Incomplete wrapping.
1) The build for a fighter with a two-handed weapon has the lowest AC in the game (this is fact # 1). To improve the survival of such a fighter, you can use 2 levels of paladin / 1 level of a monk (scaled fist) / 1 level of a marked witch (from which we get a spell: magic armor, familiar: a lizard, and conspiracy: "ice crust") / 1 level of Oracle of the seeker ( for the sake of the revelation of "Whispers of nature." To this set add the mythical skill "armor of the archmage." And run strictly without armor. Note: the character must have high charisma. Level 1 of the monk is taken for the sake of protection from the modifier Charisma and the trait "style of the crane." be sure to turn on the "defensive battle" mode, the penalty to the attack will be only -2.) A build with a two-handed weapon is 99% power, so there will be low dexterity. (so as not to lose the bonus to AC from dexterity - we take the 1st level of the Oracle). The oracle level can not be taken if we play with that 1% (and we have a build through dexterity and an elven two-handed sword). I met only 1 normal sword (chapter 5, assault FROM).
In total, if you want to run strictly with a two-handed weapon, you need to spend 5 levels on this "gentleman's set". The next 15 levels I would spend on the Thief (brawler). Personally, I would run with a scythe and play through the "powerful attack". I posted such a build for Siila on this forum (see the topic title "Companions"). And such a build worked great on "raunchy difficulty" right up to Act 4. Then fat enemies went, my Siila began to die often, pumped her into a magus. At medium difficulty, you get only a "high" from such a build (when the enemy flies off the crit by 600). In addition, cool braids are scattered in the game (right in each chapter on a normal braid). The same cannot be said about all other weapons.
I see you start right. There is Charisma and paladin levels, but the monk subclass is not chosen correctly (it does not give you any bonuses). You run in heavy armor and without the "armor of the archmage". Your build needs to be redone
2) Your character does not have a spell of 2 circles "Magic vestments" (armor), which gives +5 armor. This spell is strictly necessary for everyone, even those who run without armor. If you have a shield in your hands, then you can cast "Magic vestments" (shield), which gives another +4 armor (see my screenshot with Deiran). The reflection bonus can be +5 (for this we cast the "Shield of Faith" spell).

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

And finally, the "passive" protection should not be ignored either, these are the spells: Vague, Mirror, Shimmer, Walk of a Chameleon, Supreme Invisibility. It is about these spells that 80% of enemy attacks breaks before they get to your immediate AC. On especially heavy enemies (bosses), do not forget to throw protection from chaos / evil on ourselves.

S
St_Slave 17.11.21

Also, do not forget about the "Crush Evil", which the Paladin casts on especially difficult enemies or bosses (and which strongly "buffs" his AC against this enemy. As you can see from the screen, from one single Charisma + 9 modifier, Siila immediately received 4 AC boost by +9.

V
Vizign 17.11.21

I don't want to run without armor at all, this is a game and not a sports competition.
I can't find what Charisma affects in my build, other than some spells.

V
Vizign 17.11.21

I rocked based on this guide. True, the translation is somehow strange, sometimes it does not coincide with what is in the game.
Spoiler: More or less classic anointed knight, except that increasing armor class (AC) requires monk and archmage armor. It can't be helped, because the game requires it.

He receives all the important paladin items, as well as some angelic gifts that are specially designed to make all evil suffer. So much attack bonus (AB) stacks up that it is actually possible to use a Power attack without being weakened by it.

Race:

Aasimar.
Biography:

Street ragamuffin -> Pickpocket.
Distribution of characteristic points:

Strength - 18> 22.
Agility - 16.
Endurance - 12.
Intelligence - 10.
Wisdom - 7.
Charisma - 17> 18 (L4).
Distribution of skill points and abilities:

Mobility and Athletics.

Alignment:

Law-abiding kind.
Deity:

Anything, it doesn't matter.
Leveling:

Monk - Evasion // Crane Style
Paladin
Paladin - Weapon Focus: Falchion
Paladin
Paladin - Flanking
Paladin - Weapon
Bond Paladin - Improved Initiative
Paladin
Paladin - Improved Criticism: Falchion
Paladin
Paladin - Wings
Paladin
Assassin - Expand Armored Mask or Demon Slayer
Paladin
Paladin - Power Attack
Paladin
Fighter - Sundering // Final Sundering
Fighter - Combat Reflexes
Fighter - Great Sundering // Blind Combat
Fighter - Weapon Specialization: Falchion Character
Spell Selection:

Divine Grace, Challenge Evil, Blessing of Weapon, Magic Weapon,
Shroud , Restoration Bestow Grace, Strength of the Bull, Magnificence of the
Angelic Eagle , Resist Energy
Crusader's Edge
Selecting Angel Spells:

Unbreakable Heart, Divine Grace,
Heal Minor Wounds Heal (Lesser), Cure Medium Wounds
Set aside Poison, Cure Serious Wounds
Pure Form, Divine Strength, Recovery
Protection from Harm, Cleansing Flame, Breath of Life
Protection of the Faithful, Eagle Soul, Protection from Harm (General), Healing
Sun Marked, Protection from Weakness (communal)
Avenger's Blessing, Tempest of Life
Fortress of the Faithful, Sun Form, Healing (Mass)
Mythical Path of the Character Feats and Feats:

Some Fun // Relentless Assault
Mythic Bonus Ability: Lavish Strike
Archmage Armor
Improved Critical (Mythic)
Thunder Strikes
Power Attack (Mythic)
Leading Strike
Flawless Attacks
Abundant Casting or Choose Your Own
Weapon Specialization (
Mythic ) Mythic Angel Path and Feats :

Deviousness of the Faithful
Piercing Beams
Eternal Flame Uptime
Beacon or Solar Winds
Speed ​​of Light
All-Consuming Flame
True, I did not take the Assassin level, Assassin (if this is the Assassin) is not available.

V
Vizign 17.11.21

St_Slave
If you run in medium or heavy armor, then the levels of monk, witch and oracle will no longer help?

V
Vizign 17.11.21

In that guide that I threw off, there is a skill - Power Attack. Given the clumsy translation of this guide, I suppose I mean Crushing Blow, where does the bonus from strength add to the damage?

S
St_Slave 24.11.21

Vizign
Specifically in this series of games. A character without armor has an AC disproportionately higher than a character with armor. If you run in armor (or with a shield), then the Charisma bonus to defense that the Monk gives will not work. The Witch and the Oracle work without any restrictions.

S
St_Slave 24.11.21

I will leave the guide that you attached without comment. Basically, it will work at low difficulty. My subjective opinion is that a paladin needs to be pumped no more than 2 levels. There is no point further (unless you have an exotic build through misses)