3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gorevent 18.11.21 06:46 pm

RAM problems

The other day I took my mother Gigabyte P35-DS3P and Apacer Golden Cover (2x1GB) memory on 800 bus. I insert it into the mother's computer and sets three long peaks and reboots, nothing is displayed on the monitor. I put the old memory Zeppelin 1GB 800 mhz, everything is fine. Can I fix it by flashing the BIOS or just changing the memory?
24 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sergey067 18.11.21

Well, see what BIOS firmware there are posted on the manufacturer's website ... if there is one that fixes troubles with ddr2, then merge and update. or maybe the size of the memory is large - put one bar, the mot will work.

G
Gorevent 18.11.21

I'll look at the BIOS. But I changed the bars and set one and it doesn't help. Only when there is one bar, the computer does not beep, but it still reboots.

S
Sergey067 18.11.21

strange ... but one bar Zeppelin 1GB 800 mhz is also ddr2 and plows everything ... well, try to update the bios, it will help, if not, then change it where you bought it for others.

G
Gorevent 18.11.21

Now I tried the old and new RAM, everything is fine. I tried all three computers, it starts up and apparently hangs. Only I turn on with three they show the Gigabyte logo and the computer does not boot further, I tried DEL, F8 and CTRL + ALT + DELETE the computer does not respond. Apparently only one the bar is faulty. Looked about the BIOS about the memory there is nothing said.
PS And it's okay that the levels of different pr-lei? Bus and timings are the same.

S
Sergey067 18.11.21

the size of the RAM for the motherboard is too large, or the motherboard does not work stably with such a volume of high-frequency ddr2! I've come across a similar one before ... here in the motherboard of the trawl then the only way out is to update the BIOS, if it doesn't work, then change the motherboard. By the way, in the manual on the motherboard, what is the maximum amount of ddr2 declared? The fact that different manufacturers is nonsense - the main thing is that the PC, frequencies and, preferably, timings coincide

a
amarhgil 18.11.21

Duo 2 Core boost memory voltage. and everything will work.

G
Gorevent 18.11.21

I copied it from the office of the Gigabyte website.
Memory

* Dual channel memory architecture
* 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM slots supporting up to 8GB memory
* DDR2 1200 (OC) / 1066/800/667 MHz

a
amarhgil 18.11.21

So put it on 2.0? the p35 always has a problem with it. read the nominal voltage here)))

http://emea.apacer.com/ru/products/Overclocking_Series_Golden_DDR2-800_Overclocking_101010111011_features.htm

G
Gorevent 18.11.21

amarhgil
And how? I do not even turn on with it (memory, one of the slats).
PS I did not give a working bar to a friend that he would check on himself. He told me that it was most likely a factory defect.
ZYY And how do you highlight the font in bold?

a
amarhgil 18.11.21

Duo 2 Core enter the BIOS from the working memory, in the Intelligent Tweaker (like this, I'm not at home, from memory gru) change the voltage in the overvoltage control + 0.2-03. Save, start from the working memory and check that the settings are applied. turn off - insert non-working bars - check. if not, then in the guarantee

ps select what you want in bold and put it in the letter B

G
Gorevent 18.11.21

amarhgil
Did everything as you wrote it does not work to raise the memory strain. I go to Intelligent Tweaker DDR2 overvoltage contro set both +0.20 and + 0.25, I press save F10 the computer restarts. I go Everest shows +1.8 and CPU-Z is the same.
PS Thank you for suggesting how to highlight words :))))

a
amarhgil 18.11.21

Duo 2 Core

you do not press f10, but save and exit, the second line from the bottom in the right column.

G
Gorevent 18.11.21

amarhgil
It doesn't work that way either.
How else can you try to change it?

a
amarhgil 18.11.21

Duo 2 Core I don't know ... (

S
Sergey067 18.11.21

Re-flashing the BIOS and the motherboard itself must give the necessary voltage for memory ... if, of course, the fixed BIOS was released ...

T
TalgZ 18.11.21

Such a question:
I have 4 memory slots, if I put 3 strips, my dual-channel will disappear, and why will the memory work slower?
Or two will work in two-channel mode, but one will not, and in general it is possible ???

S
Sergey067 18.11.21

Better buy the same one and insert it into slot 4 - then you will have 2 channel ... I mean, put RAM in all 4 slots. although on many motherboards there is 1 pair of slots for ddr2, and the second for ddr3 - they do not work together.

k
konsta98 18.11.21

I load the computer and hear signals indicating problems with RAM (many long peaks). The monitor does not turn on. What to do? Thanks in advance!

E
Energie_ 18.11.21

A lot of long ones, right?
Take it out, clean the slot with a brush and check

k
konsta98 18.11.21

Which slot?