3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
0Shady0 18.11.21 06:52 pm

steam games without steam

is it possible to copy the folder with the games from the steam folder, write it to a disk, delete the steam, install it on the computer from the disk and play without the incentive .. will it give you a ride?
14 Comments
Sort by:
S
StarDNikolaevich 18.11.21

0Shady0
Spoiler

S
Spiny 18.11.21

0Shady0
There is a linking to the stim. If you just grunt at the game, then something else looks like what you want.

G
Genesis48 18.11.21

no. it will not work

0Shady0 18.11.21

well, no and no trial

N
NatanieLzZ 18.11.21

depending on what game. Some play quietly, even if you do not run Steam. Divinity Original Sin for example

S

NatanieLzZ
That was probably a GOG version, initially there was no protection in it. In the incentive, as far as I know, the game has protection.

0Shady0 18.11.21

Okay, forget it, I froze the garbage))) forgot ...

N
NatanieLzZ 18.11.21

StarDNikolaevich is
unlikely to sell the gog-version on the incentive)

P
PerFecTxD 18.11.21

Gog versions are kind of released for free

M
MAuCTEP 18.11.21

You can. RevEmu to help. But this will not work with all toys, and synchronization, updates, achievements and all other Steam delights will be unavailable.
To avoid cons and unnecessary questions from people in the armored train: RevEmu - Steam emulator.
upd: But why do this if you have a license?

S

NatanieLzZ
Here I am about the same.

_
_Dmitru_ 18.11.21

Damn, isn't it easier to download a pirate? in essence it is the same. There they simply delete steam or another launcher such as yupley. so in essence you can.

d
departman 18.11.21

Not all games, but some can be copied and run without Steam both on your computer and on others.
Almost all UnityEngine games can be copied painlessly.
Offhand, the game "The Slaughtering Grounds" immediately comes to mind. Copied and works on many computers. The multiplayer mode was not tested, but the single player game works like a watch.
Perhaps other games will work too, but everything needs to be checked.
The only condition when you want to give away a game downloaded and installed from your account is to check the contents of the game files for personal data, more precisely, your account data, so as not to throw them anywhere.

Q
Qsler 18.03.22

departman
and how to copy the game? And by the way, the game is based on Unity, but it requires Steam even with a remote Steam client and without the Internet ...