3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shadowarm 18.11.21 06:52 pm

Video card fan noise

Faced such a problem, there is MSI r9 280x, when playing tomb raider, or other games all go their own way, when I start playing battlefront one of the fans starts to make a lot of noise and the noise resembles a grinding noise.
I will add: now it makes noise in tomb raider
3 Comments
Sort by:
r
requiemmm 18.11.21

I would have looked for a long time, hemorrhoids from a photograph are not treated. If the bearings are worn out, you can fill with thick grease, such as lithol, but this helps for a week, at most two. If something falls off and resonates, fix it in place with some kind of glue, without fanaticism. I will say right away that changing a dead fan on a vidyukha in the absence of a donor is still a task, it seems that every manufacturer sees the meaning of life in designing the most non-standard cooling for their hardware. It is possible to stick on top of the 120 mm case, but this is from despair and without guarantees.

R
Ryazancev 18.11.21

I started making noise due to vibration. The reason is the coiled female hair on the fan axle.
take off the vidyuhu, and turn the valve with your hands. If there is a rattling, then it will soon die.

S
Shadowarm 18.11.21

solved the problem, apparently the fan loosened up, well, he wiped it with a cotton swab from dust and the casing itself