3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vzglydizugla 18.11.21 08:08 pm

Good Western directors

White Wine Taster
I would not be so categorical, we actually have quite normal and light comedies, but what about comedies with "black / toilet humor" and all kinds of action / fantasy ... here the palm is stable in Hollywood ...
There are also quite noteworthy cartoons (as an example "fortress"), but we love to merge the "endings".
Yes, there are serials / serials, but again for an amateur. I personally liked "Prince of Siberia", "fizruk" (1st season, 2nd merged), "squad" (though with flaws), but tons of "wood grouses" and "melodramas" slag.
In general, in "our cinema" not everything is so unambiguous, but more than 70% of the drain is complete.
There is also a lot of sludge from foreign countries, although for someone like that. I easily merge all the comedies about the American shkolota (yes yes fans, "pies" goon) and most of the sequels. So, for example, the same "transformers" literally only the first film, and the rest .... or "fast and furious", if the first was interesting, then nothing good.
And as it is already clear I will say so; I don’t think any particular director is good, because there are good and disastrous (for me) films.
ps And yes, IMHO, subjective.
5 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 18.11.21

vzglydizugla
Comedies will not be full .. although it depends on who evaluates) Tastes are different. But in Russia there are no films of the level (special effects, budget) of Transformers, Avengers and sci-fi series. Whatever the Hollywood slag, endowed with meaning only for young fans of superhero comics, it is still more interesting to watch a Hollywood movie. The picture is pleasing to the eye, as they say)
A kintso with a meaning is a rare commodity, not for the masses.

G
Gauguin 18.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
A kinzo with a meaning is a rare commodity, not for the masses.
It is conceived.

J
JetRanger 18.11.21

White Wine Taster
Anyone who knows good directors or good films?
This question can only be answered by listing your favorite samples. Although why not:

Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens, Robocop, True Lies, Men in Black, Beverly Hills Cop, Die Hard, Die Hard 3, Rambo: First Blood, Ghostbusters, The Dark Knight ...

This is only a few of my favorites - those that immediately came to mind. In general, I do not really understand how one can experience difficulties with such a wide choice from Hollywood.

PS: There is also something to choose from the series, among them there are very suitable ones. "The Simpsons" is my personal favorite, if you watch it without translation (since the translation there is nowhere worse, all the humor and charm disappear immediately).

PPS: To tell you the truth, you haven't listed your favorite genres or specific films. In this situation, it is difficult to really recommend something.

w
we get what we deserve 18.11.21

The CIS has surpassed the West (although it is more likely to be compared here) in the minority with films like the movie "Fool", some good serials like Kitchen and Servant of the People. But film production, which does not possess general admiration, continues to be released ... Soviet films, oddly enough, are appreciated and revised. Therefore, the West, despite its mistakes, will not be able to overtake the countries of the former USSR soon.

G
Guitargod 18.11.21

Dipper Pines
Thank you, laughed heartily.
The Fool is a depressing film about the difficult realities of Russian life, it is quite good, but not a masterpiece.
Kitchen is a stupid sitcom without meaning, Servant of the People is not a very skillful and naive parody of the modern government of Ukraine.
Soviet films are appreciated and revised only by people who grew up in the Soviet Union, they were essentially drilled into their heads with these films, and if you now try to watch these films and abstract from nostalgia, then these films are empty and meaningless.
In terms of depth and quality, no film industry will ever reach Hollywood masterpieces, this is not my opinion, this is a world postulate. And those who disagree with this, either simply have no taste, or have not watched the true Hollywood masterpieces, or are simply cunning. I think you are from the latter category.
Although, I think that this is your unsuccessful fat attempt to roll.