3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Hyper2020 18.11.21 08:33 pm

Anti-aliasing problem (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

I can't understand anything, as if anti-aliasing does not work at all ... grass, puddles, trees ... some kind of pixel tin. Even Lara herself is pixelated, and clothes and bows ... with SMAA it is even more noticeable.

YouTube is still very soapy and hard to see, the original quality is here - https://yadi.sk/i/s5Oqz2OjoD4Jk

PS In other games (AC Syndicate, The Division Beta) there is nothing like this.
9 Comments
Sort by:
Аlex_Pro 18.11.21

Yes, there is. However, it is strange that FXAA provides better anti-aliasing than SMAA. It makes no sense to use SSAA without having very powerful hardware, because this anti-aliasing eats almost half of all performance, although it smooths out very well.

P
Paiper999 18.11.21

We are waiting for patches, with SSA the situation is no better.

H
Hyper2020 18.11.21

The strangest thing is that when the first day was playing on the sun, there was no such pixel mess, there were problems with anti-aliasing along the edges of the puddles, but not like now, appeared literally two days ago. It remains to wait for patches.

Аlex_Pro 18.11.21

Hyper2020
Hmm ... If that's the case, then I should start the game and check it myself, otherwise I haven't played for a couple of days.

A
AsStRaLL92 18.11.21

I already threw a screen in one topic where fxaa works better than ssaa

D
Dmitry Annenkov 18.11.21

Wait for patches. And you will be happy.

k
killycrok 18.11.21

I have another problem, on fxaa in the distance everything is perfectly smoothed and Lara is also well smoothed, but as the cutscene begins, the rise of tomb raider turns into minecraft, not well, seriously, everything is pixelated, if I cut smaa in general, everything is bright as in paradise, and square ... What the hell is this, who will tell you, otherwise it's impossible to play? !!!

M
MrSmoke67 18.11.21

Hyper2020
Similarly, the first couple of days I did not notice anything like this, then I returned to the geothermal valley, my eyes almost blew out of the pixels and ladders, it feels like the game has broken.

H
Hyper2020 18.11.21

MrSmoke67
Here, many have it. It is not clear what suddenly happened after a couple of days ...