3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Grandfather MastDai 18.11.21 08:33 pm

No 4: 3 support (Resident Evil 0)

The developers from CAPCOM are not at all interested in the opinion of the fans of the series and all the problems that were present in the reissue of Resident Evil HD Remaster migrated to the reissue of Zero.

The fact is that the game does not fully support 4: 3 monitors, despite the fact that the choice of this format is present in the game, but in fact it does not work. On the 17 "monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024 when trying to set the screen mode" Original "- get just such garbage:

re0

Spoiler Original

1280x1024

re3
Video

As you can see, the image is in a small square with a black border around the edges.

If you leave the Display Mode" Wide ", the picture will be in a narrow strip with large black stripes at the top and bottom

wide

Video
Cut scenes are stretched vertically.

Well, videos generally turn into a kaleidoscope of crooked mirrors.

video

Video
And no manipulations with the config file and driver settings can be cured.

And all would be fine:

- I am ready to accept the impossibility of skipping the animation of opening the doors, since this can be corrected by a trainer, although it is crooked, it still works. Maybe someone likes this kind of "feature", but is it really so difficult to add to the settings at least the ability to disable it?

- I am ready to put up with the crooked control, as I started my acquaintance with the series from the very first part on the first "Sonya" and quickly adapted. But why can't I play comfortably on a square monitor? This I cannot understand.

And there is no need to say that, they say, everyone switched to widescreens a long time ago, that now everything is being sharpened for them and that square monitors are the last century. I had a FullHD monitor and a 16: 9 TV, but I don't like this aspect ratio. Moreover, in the game, there is a choice of 4: 3 format and a resolution of 1280x1024, which means that there should be full support for such modes. And what a handshake you need to be to implement all this so crookedly.

PS. It’s a pity that we didn’t manage to play normally one of the favorite games of the past.
11 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexandrovitch 18.11.21

Go to C: Users Username AppData Local CAPCOM RESIDENT EVIL 0 HD REMASTER
Open the config.ini file there, change Aspect = 16: 9 to Aspect = 5: 4 - save
The game should be full screen, the videos will be stretched out

G
Grandfather MastDai 18.11.21

GRiDOX
This does not solve the problem. The game does not support 5: 4, and if you set this ratio, it resets to 16: 9. And if you set it to 4: 3 and set the attribute "read-only", then in the game you come across a number of artifacts that I described above, such as glitches in videos, stretched cut scenes and a naughty mouse cursor in the menu. And during transitions and reading documents, black bars appear at the bottom and top, plus all the subtitles are in the middle of the screen.
That's why I wrote that there is no full 4: 3 support. That is, it seems to be as it is, but it is implemented very crookedly.

S
SevDelta 18.11.21

17 "monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024
Oh, how times have changed, but there was a time when the native resolution for 17" monitors was 1024x768 ..

X
X_ray_83 18.11.21

SevDelta When
is it in the 90s? My first monitor 17 in 2001 was 80hz with 1280x1024, it was smaller, but definitely not for games and the Internet.

G

SevDelta
My Monitor - LG Flatron L1719S
Spoiler

X
X_ray_83 18.11.21

ZorbaBudda
And the response of the matrix 8ms and 50hz is not gut (((

G

X_ray_83
it is not 50, but 75hz
PS. But at this resolution, any ultra games give out stable 75 FPS

S
SevDelta 18.11.21

ZorbaBudda
Yes, that's understandable. Only this is the maximum, and the standard is just 1024x768. For 17 "it is. And the video card itself gives us even more resolutions for our monitors .. Alas, but all this will not help us with this game, and if we choose only the" Wide "screen mode.

g
gmaxreal85 18.11.21

ZorbaBudda
Wildly plus! I have exactly the same problem. At first I thought that only I have this. Indeed, on RE Remake HD remastered, I solved a similar problem by adding the ASPECT: 4: 3 line in the config. The system will immediately ignore this step. But I really wanted to play a childhood game without these slowed-down emulators .... are there any shifts in solving the problem? To play with such distortions is simply unrealistic.

S
SonyK_2 18.11.21

ZorbaBudda
... there is a 16: 9 TV, but I don’t like this format ...

gmaxreal85
... To play with such distortions is simply unrealistic ... I

like it, I don’t like it, but the games industry is gradually moving into widescreen format (films are long gone) - Developers began to pay less attention to "square" aspect ratios. There is essentially no choice - you either switch to a new one, or each time there will be more and more similar problems.

G

gmaxreal85
There are no shifts and there will be no campaign. You can make a picture full screen by setting Aspect 4: 3 in config.ini and be sure to check the "read-only" checkbox in the file attributes, otherwise the game will reset the settings to default at startup. The game will be in full screen, but the videos will be distorted and the cut scenes will be slightly stretched. Nothing can be done about this, since they are initially recorded in a wide format and are displayed correctly only if the "Wide" screen mode is selected in the game. After playing a little, I still settled on the Wide format with black stripes at the top and bottom. So at least there are no graphical glitches.

SonyK.
> There is essentially no

choice Why then leave a choice that is but does not work in the game? Well, then they would have cut such a regime.

> I like it, I don't like it, but the games industry is gradually going into widescreen format.

I understand all this, but this is not a new modern game, but a re-release of the good old resident, which was originally in 4: 3 format. I understand that CAPCOM has made support for widescreens in the game for the sake of modernity, but if the developers have left the option to select the original mode in the re-release, then it should at least work fine. The function is declared and does not work. This is a cant of developers. Exactly the same problem was in the reprint of the first part. But here the situation is even worse. You need to test all modes before releasing the game. For some reason, other most modern games have no problems with "square" monitors.