3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DannyElfman 18.11.21 09:24 pm

Installing PhysX - hangs message Text and that's it (Mafia 2)

I wanted to play Mafia, downloaded the repack (there is a license in the incentive, it's just that it's faster to download), the installation went fine, but when it came to software, there was a problem with physx, when you install it, it comes out like this:

And that's it, nothing else. If you click on "Hide", then a message appears that the installation has not been completed completely and therefore, to complete it, you will need to start the installation later. At the same time, the game starts and plays, but it seems to me that it slows down more. I have a weak computer and I set the graphics settings to the minimum, but it seems to me that I used to set them much higher and played comfortably, the resolution was definitely higher. I thought it might be related? When I put the Mafia from Steam, it was the same, physx did not install and the game crashed and I had to greatly underestimate the graphics. Although, the first time I went through the game pirate, and then there were no problems and the graph was exposed more seriously. Is there a connection, or is it not about physx?
Ps how can you get a noticeable increase in fps without lowering the resolution of the game? Perhaps you can somehow cut out the shadows in the game, for example?
9 Comments
Sort by:
L
Len4ik00N 18.11.21

DannyElfman
Try to install physx not the one that came with the game, but downloaded separately.

C
Cureit 18.11.21

if it is installed, then from the game you do not need to install all the chicks in 1920x1080 for me, so I wrote a weak computer myself, that's the answer

R
Romanzo_Tamerici 18.11.21

this inscription means that physics is already installed in the system or a newer version is installed.
maybe earlier your computer was "cleaner" and that's why the game was flying

D
DannyElfman 18.11.21

Len4ik00N
I downloaded it from the off site and installed it, but it plays just as badly :(

D
DannyElfman 18.11.21

Romanzo_Tamerici
And now it seems clean. The system is purely for games. I will look for how to optimize at least a little ..

D
DannyElfman 18.11.21

White Wine Taster

So the problems were the same when installing from Steam. It's just that through steam it pumps for me for a very long time, from a torrent twice as fast, because the weight is reduced and the speed is simply higher.

N
Necrid-Power 18.11.21

Reinstall Windows.

N
Necrid-Power 18.11.21

And what has physics to do with it! If the card is Jeforce, then when installing the drivers, the physics is installed automatically. If it's Athy's card, then I don't know. But in the settings of even force, the processing of physics should be set not to the auto, but to the video card. The game slows down, because the physics is not active. If you do not want to reinstall Windows, completely remove the video driver, clean the registry from these firewood, physics and restart the computer. Then put the last firewood and the physics will be automatically installed, this is ideal. And if you still fail, then reinstall Windows. But in general, it is difficult to determine what the joke is. For example, I would figure it out in my system without reinstalling Windows.

A
Andrey Rukavishnikov 18.11.21

DannyElfman
official site nividia physx cdk