3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
STALKER_LEON 18.11.21 09:24 pm

Dropsy for a video card

Hello!
I have a 7970 card (Gigabyte), it lives for almost 3 years, so the noise makes itself felt.
Therefore, such a question:
Is it realistic to find dropsy on this card or is it better to put norms. cool.?
Noise during the day does not bother me, but in the evening and at night my wife nags me when I play (although not often, but still ...) :(
6 Comments
Sort by:
j
jeorje 18.11.21

SpeedFan

S
STALKER_LEON 18.11.21

jeorje
I know such a thing, but it won't get rid of the noise ...
I can then lower the speed of the coolers, but the temperature will rise ... But for me it's like a sickle in the egg ... m ...

R
Ryazancev 18.11.21

leon18l
I put myself an ArcticCooling Hybrid (dropsy) on a GTX 780 reference and regretted it!
On the one hand, it is always very quiet. On the other hand, very poor overclocking. Everything is heated on the printed circuit board (memory chips, power elements) except for the GPU itself. There are not enough glued radiators for memory chips and power elements for cooling, with normal overclocking, a blue screen. Now like a modified version of this "HYBRID" made, where sastically overheating of power e-mail. fixed.
Anyway, I do not advise you to install if there is no plate on the printed circuit board.
And the price is just horror now - IT is not worth it!

I had an MSI HD 7970 Lightning - I installed Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 7970 on it. This cooler made me happy with its silence even during overclocking. But again, on Lightning, the plate covers the entire board with memory chips and power electronics.

The whole problem now is that the 7970 GPU is located in a diamond. And finding a cooler for this video card is very difficult!
Spoilerhttps: //www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/products/cooling/vga.html
It's easier for you not to install an expensive cooling system on the 7970. But sell it and buy a quieter version of the video card. Now there are a lot of them.

j
jeorje 18.11.21

leon18l
will just save you from the noise; it’s winter now, just throw the temperature into the room, it helps me a lot if the heating is cut down ..

S
STALKER_LEON 18.11.21

jeorje
Winter has saved from the noise (it is cold in the room in winter (the system manager gets high)), but it is getting warmer ...
Spring, and then summer (Akhtung in temperature), so I want to prepare in advance: D

G
Grandshot 18.11.21

Well, in that case, all you have to do is make a hybrid from a system unit and a refrigerator: D