3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dimon1996 18.11.21 10:35 pm

Problems launching on Nvidia GeeForce 840m (Fallout 4)

Actually, the program stops working. Integrated Intel Hd Graphics 4600 launches. But I want to play with high FPS on my Nvidia. Help someone with what, brothers.

16 Comments
Sort by:
v
vovadjo 18.11.21

Dimon1996
Right-click on the shortcut, in the menu that appears, click on the item run from graph. processor, then change the graph. processor by default, in the line select the program for setting, click add and look for the folder with the game, and in it the file Fallout4.exe, then select it, click OK, and then select in point 2, which is below the Performance GPU Nvidia, then click apply and that's it, run it.

K
KroRex 18.11.21

Doesn't it launch only in full screen mode (in windowed mode) or doesn't it launch at all? Unless it works in fullscreen, then I had a similar problem on 740m. Oddly enough, the transition to Win10 helped)

D
Dimon1996 18.11.21

vovadjo
Duc I know how to run. It's just that the program stops working on Nvidia, we have to gamble on Intel hd. Has anyone run the game at all or the 840M?

D
Dimon1996 18.11.21

Could it be a laptop? In the sense of connecting the vidyuhi is not correct, maybe?

v
vovadjo 18.11.21

Dimon1996, try to update the driver on vidyahu for your operating system.

D
Dimon1996 18.11.21

vovadjo
Drivers have been updated for a long time. Also, tried different configurations, tried DirectX SDK. I'm wondering if it's possible to actually run this game on the 840M. If yes, then I will tinker with the laptop, maybe there is something inside. And so, on all sites for checking the characteristics, it says that it will not start. But he also writes about Intel HD Graphics, and with it everything worked for me. Brothers, well, I really want to play normally.

v
vovadjo 18.11.21

Dimon1996, what kind of laptop and model?

G
GetHighAgain1 18.11.21

Dimon1996
Considering that I have the same video card on my laptop, the game is quite good. But - in the window. Attempts to run in full screen mode either crash the game or stubbornly hang on the splash screen. Therefore, you go to C: Users User Documents My Games Fallout4 and set in the fallout4prefs.ini file:
bTopMostWindow = 0
bMaximizeWindow = 0
bBorderless = 0
bFull Screen = 0
iSize H = 900
iSize W = 1600
And with this here you play with crutches. No other dances with tambourines on this video allowed me to run the game in full screen.

Change the permission to yours by itself)

D
Dimon1996 18.11.21

GetHighAgain1 My friend
, so I have it neither in the window, nor in full, nor even in any ... (((Only on the built-
in.vovadjo
DEXP this is a DNS company, assembled by our ... dealers. To be more precise, w670sfq (HD + ).

S
Sonic268 18.11.21

Dimon1996
so if you yourself say that you know our ... dealers, then why did you take DEXP?

v
vovadjo 18.11.21

Dimon1996, I don't even know what to advise you, except how to disable Intel HD graphics through the device distributor.

u
urban.kalabanovich 18.11.21

Dimon1996
I tried, as the guy described above, to make edits to ini. If you set the windowed mode through the launcher, it may not be saved. Write it down, put it "read-only", try it. Can play in the video driver with scalability settings. Accidentally, no prog from the "manufacturers" is worth it for saving the battery or for automatically switching the power plan? In the Windows settings "high performance"?

A
Alllex236 18.11.21

Dimon1996
in the nvidia control panel settings, fallout4.exe set the power management mode to the preferred mode, max performance
update for Windows, put everything you can in the update center

A
Alllex236 18.11.21

Dimon1996

D
Dimon1996 18.11.21

Alllex236
This is great advice! So I thought it was in Windows. Installed SP1 and updates and suddenly ... It worked! Thank you friends, it's good when you can rely on Pegach. Good luck!

I
Irinka Kretova 18.11.21

Guys I have 10k but still the same problem