3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21 10:45 pm

Scope and Weapon Stabilization (Battlefield 2)

Hello everyone!
For example, on a helicopter, when you sit in the co-pilot's seat, it is very inconvenient to shoot during flight, that is, when the helicopter moves, the gun barrel moves behind it, as in tanks, jeeps, etc. And I would like that when the equipment moves, the weapon remains to look where it is looking. That is to say, fixing the view. The type of weapon, regardless of the machine itself. do not confuse it with the viewing angles and turns of the gun, I have already cleaned them up.

And yet, on some helicopters, I set the magnification on the machine gun for the co-pilot. But the sensitivity of the mouse when zoomed in is very high. Without magnification, it is normal .. And when you magnify, it is impossible to aim properly. Maybe you can somehow set your sensitivity for each increase? Or something like that. For example, on a sniper, it's okay with this case.
7 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zuko_42 18.11.21

It will not work with stabilization at one point, because the operation itself is quite costly, and the game simply does not provide for
And as for increasing the zoom, the speed of the sight can be reduced, similar to the anti-tank Rorsch in BF2142
Spoiler ObjectTemplate.setInputToYaw PIMouseLookX - points to the X axis
ObjectTemplate.surpressPlayerInputVector 0.1 / 0/0 - multiplier of the speed of the sight movement when zooming (the object of the PlayerControlObject type itself has the ObjectTemplate.specialToggleWeaponInput PIAltFire parameter),
also for the Y axis:
ObjectTemplate.setInputToPitch PIMouseLookY
ObjectTemplate 0

Try, let's say we do it for ahe_ah1z, add the line ObjectTemplate.surpressPlayerInputVector 0.1 / 0/0 for ahe_ah1z_gunturret1, and for ahe_ah1z_barrel_base - ObjectTemplate.surpressPlayerInputVector 0 / 0.1 / 0

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

_Zuko_42_
Thank you, I will definitely try.

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

_Zuko_42_
I can't figure it out on the example of "Cobra". That gun parameters and the second pilot chamber at the Mi-24:

SpoylerObjectTemplate.activeSafe AIX_Mi24_GunMount RotationalBundle
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "clivewil"
ObjectTemplate.floaterMod 0
ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo BasicInfo
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 1
rem -------------- -----------------------
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate S_AIX_Mi24_GunMount_RotationRpm
rem ---------------------- ---------------
ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed ​​90/0/0
ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 5000/0/0
ObjectTemplate.setInputToYaw PIMouseLookX
ObjectTemplate.restoreRotationOnExit 1

The Sound S_AIX_Mi24_GunMount_RotationRpm ObjectTemplate.activeSafe

ObjectTemplate.activeSafe RotationalBundle AIX_Mi24_GunAzimuth
rem ------------------- ------------------
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate S_AIX_Mi24_GunAzimuth_RotationRpm
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate AIX_Mi24_Guns
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0 / -0.0555765 / 1.47969
rem -------------- -----------------------
ObjectTemplate.setMinRotation 0 /
-55/0 ObjectTemplate.setMaxRotation
0/115/0 ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed
0/90/0 ObjectTemplate. setAcceleration 0/5000/0
PIMouseLookY ObjectTemplate.setInputToPitch
ObjectTemplate.restoreRotationOnExit 1

ObjectTemplate.activeSafe the Sound S_AIX_Mi24_GunAzimuth_RotationRpm

ObjectTemplate.activeSafe RotationalBundle AIX_Mi24_GunBarrels
rem ----------- --------------------------
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate S_AIX_Mi24_GunBarrels_RotationRpm
rem ------------------- ------------------
ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed ​​0/0/1000
ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 0/0/1000
ObjectTemplate.setInputToRoll PIFire

ObjectTemplate.activeSafe Sound S_AIX_Mi24_GunBarrels_RotationRpm

X angles are missing because I removed them completely. Zoom in on the Y-axis.

Z
Zuko_42 18.11.21

Strelec-zmeya
and so insert after the line ObjectTemplate.setInputToYaw PIMouseLookX the line ObjectTemplate.surpressPlayerInputVector 0.1 /
0/0 for Y ObjectTemplate.setInputToPitch PIMouseLookY the line ObjectTemplate.surpressPlayerInputVector 0 / 0.1 / 0

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

_Zuko_42_
Did as you wrote - nothing came of it ... The sensitivity when increasing is still high .. I tried to set other values ​​instead of 0.1, nothing changed ... Maybe you need to somehow create a new block with mouse speeds and acceleration for this increase? But how?
I just wanted to translate the word surpress into Russian, but the translator said that there was no such word and suggested a similar one: suppress. Maybe a typo? I'll look at it.

PS I checked it too - it didn't work out ...

Z
Zuko_42 18.11.21

Strelec-zmeya
So BF2 does not have the ObjectTemplate.surpressPlayerInputVector parameter, so I would advise you to at least subtract the values ​​in ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed ​​0/90/0

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

_Zuko_42_
But along with it the speed will change and without the zoom .. I’m thinking, maybe it’s better to change the acceleration. because the problem is that everything is twitching within small limits. And by decreasing the acceleration, the initial smoothness of the movement will probably improve.