3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21 11:22 pm

Server Client (Urgent!) (Battlefield 2)

Hello everyone!
I play Skynet fashion, but it doesn't matter. It just has incendiary grenades. A very effective weapon against vehicles and soldiers. And on the basis of these "lighters" I decided to add a second type of shells to the armored personnel carriers - incendiary. I did all this by simply adding somewhere, and somewhere replacing what is needed on the copied text of an ordinary projectile (whoever cuts it in will understand). It turned out as I intended - you press the number 2, you make shots, these shells fly out, they light up in a second. These shells "stick" to any surfaces. In general, everything works great. BUT! When I play on LAN with a friend, then my (server) displays all the effects of these projectiles, but he (the client) does not display the effect of burning these projectiles, i.e. he sees the projectiles themselves "stuck" in the ground, they receive damage when they hit them, but there are no effects ... what could I have missed? Didn't register any lines, or do you need to "replenish" the client base?

There is one more minor problem related to the client: when you set a high rate of fire for a tank, then only the first shot is heard on the client, and the other 4 are not nearly heard. What's the trouble?

And one more thing .. If it's not difficult, tell me how to remove the delay before ignition from these incendiary grenades?
10 Comments
Sort by:
6741.mut 18.11.21

Strelec-zmeya
So far, I will answer the second question about the sound of the tank, the fact is that the recorded sound itself is designed for some kind of space, that is, the sound itself is single, well, for example, if you make an automatic turn in the pistol, then the effect will be like that of a machine gun and the sound single, I hope clearly explained.

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

rajul1431
About this I am aware of just. But the trick is that such garbage is only at the joined computer. In the server room, everything is tip-top. But if I make a queue for the pistol on the server, then yes, the sound will be old. And with the tank everything is OK at the server. And it's not about the recorded sound. The entry itself is short. The intervals are set in the tweak of the
technique or weapon. It just needs to be fiddled with. I did not bother to deal with the interval due to the fact that the creator of the server has everything in order with the sound on the tank.

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

By the way, I just found out one interesting detail about the incendiary rounds on the armored personnel carriers. Created the game just over the network, not Coop. Just me and a friend. We got up in armored personnel carriers opposite each other, and started shooting to the sides. I understandably see all the effects, but a friend (client) does not see the effects of only OWN projectiles, and when I shoot mine, he sees how the projectiles are burning. What the hell then?

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

rajul1431 By the
way, thanks for your participation. ))

6741.mut 18.11.21

Strelec-zmeya
And about the interval of fire, the line ObjectTemplate.fire.fireLaunchDelay probably answers, but I can be wrong.
And what about the fact that a friend does not see something, then it probably either needs it all and change it or you replace it in server_client.zip,
but I don’t understand about playing on the network at all, I don’t play a cartoon, but there’s my own coop problems, so I could be wrong! ))
By the way, what is the name of that sunbathing grenade in skynet?

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

rajul1431
All files for me and for him are identical. otherwise it would have crashed when joining. It's about the animation for the client, you see, I haven't prescribed anything else. I will act as a method of elimination and partial prescription ..
Grenades 2 are as follows:
hgr_incendiary - this one is thrown like an ordinary grenade and has the usual property - rebound, can roll down the slope.
hgr_incendiary_sticky - this sticks to any surface. That is, you can throw it into the tank and it will stick to it, causing damage, but he will not be able to get rid of it until it burns out.

6741.mut 18.11.21

Strelec-zmeya
Ok thanks))

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

Guys. correcting the problem description again. In general, the burning effect is visible on the client computer, but only at a very distant distance and only in the air, that is, if it falls at a great distance, for example, into the mountains, the effect disappears. And when I drive closer, the effect also disappears. I am writing the problem again, but with corrections:
In a single player game, the burning effect is displayed without problems and everything works correctly. When playing on a LAN network, on the computer - the server still works and displays correctly, but on the computer - the client, when firing "incendiary" projectiles at close and medium distances, the combustion animation itself, that is, the effect, is not displayed. You can only see the "shell" itself, stuck in the ground, you can hear how it caught fire, and when hitting it, damage is correctly inflicted. And there is no burning animation. But on the other hand, the effect is displayed, and moreover, at any distance, if another player shoots. That is, their own shots are not displayed, while others' shots are perfectly visible. But all these "jokes" only from the joining player! All game files on both computers are absolutely identical, otherwise the game would crash!
Guys, I'm sure the problem is on the surface and it's simple, please help me see it ...

Z
Zuko_42 18.11.21

and what kind of effects are used? throw off the code of the effect (s)

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

_Zuko_42_
Yes, forget about this already. I deleted all these developments. How can I figure it out