3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Misha Cherik 18.11.21 11:31 pm

How do I transfer the game to a friend? (War Thunder)

A friend wants to play War Thunder. He registered using my referral link. But he can't download the game, he has 256 kb / s internet. And my game weighs 33 GB, transferring it with an 8 GB flash drive is unrealistic. Is it possible to compress the client somehow. ?
7 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 18.11.21

Misha Cherik
Give him a hard drive with a client, or break the installer into parts of 8 gigs through wines rar

k
k0tas 18.11.21

or just download the installation client on another resource

P
Purple giraffe 18.11.21

Misha Cherik A
senseless idea. Even if it turns out to transfer files to him and he likes the game, then in the future he will not be able to update it, because major updates weigh several GB. And the Internet, judging by the speed, is so-so, so the ping will be high.

A
ANTOXA7585 18.11.21

Misha Cherik me the same speed. For two days the laptop did not turn off. Let it swing.

C
Cosinus13 18.11.21

Misha Cherik
Just copy the game folder to him, there is a launcher.exe, let it start and play with it!
And that's it! Easier than it sounds. Updates are also put there, so nothing will be downloaded)

i
imperator2112 18.11.21

Cosinus13
And my game weighs 33 GB, transferring it with an 8 GB flash drive is unrealistic.
The most practical advice has already been offered, twist it hard and let a friend download a folder for yourself, I don't know how often updates are in this game, but if not so often, then you can do the same with updates

C
Cosinus13 18.11.21

imperator2112
You can do that. if not laziness)))