3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21 11:48 pm

Need help, game won't start on Win 7 x64! (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2)

Hello everyone. In general, I decided to install the game and play, since I just bought what, and the license. Well, I installed it, launched everything as it should, all additional components are installed, everything is installed, BUT, there is always one fucking BUT. After starting the game, the screen first starts blinking, and then the game closes and an error appears with the inscription: The application has crashed and was unable to create a log file. Please check your file access permissions.

I've already tried reinstalling, updating all components, from DirectX to Visual C ++ and 0% sense. In this regard, I decided to contact you on the forum, maybe someone knows what is the problem here? Why my game does not start and gives such an error ???. And yes, when I had Win XP SP3, everything worked fine, installed, launched and played, and then suddenly it does not start on Win 7 !.
9 Comments
Sort by:
L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21

Trigen
Well, I wrote it in full: The application has crashed and was unable to create a log file. Please check your file access permissions.

L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21

Traigen
Yes, AGEIA PhysX has been fully installed

L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21

Yes, a user with administrator rights! Yes, I tried to run the game with administrator rights. The antivirus has nothing to do with the firewall either, since they are completely under my control !, Compatibility with Win XP included - everything that you listed did not help me, but I have not tried the patch yet.

L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21

TRIGEN
That's it, the game is working !. Here is how it was. I downloaded the patch that you threw off to me, installed it, then the game demanded the latest version of AGEIA PhysX, downloaded and installed it too, and ONLY THEN the game started working !. And yes, I told you that the problem is not with the antivirus)))

L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21

Traigen
Well, yes, thanks for helping me solve this problem !. Now I can finally play this game. Thanks again!.

L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21

I just tried Trigen to play this game, in general, the game is good but very difficult in terms of understanding it and in terms of management.

L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21

Traigen
I thought that you have been playing it for a long

time. I tried to play it before, but then I immediately turned it off because it seemed very difficult to me. Now the attitude towards the game has not changed, that is, for me it is as difficult as it was, and even going through the training level, I don’t understand what to do, and I often look into the control settings as a lot of things become incomprehensible.

L
LorDofDemons167 18.11.21

Trigen is
all very difficult for me, so I deleted the game again, but I saved that patch, otherwise I suddenly want to play it again. And yes, I know a similar game that is 10 times easier, this is Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas. You can also command a team there, but it is much easier and more convenient than in Ghost Recon

S
Sidorovich12 18.11.21

LorDofDemons167
Well, it's clear here. The game cannot create a log file due to limited access to the folder. You need to either edit the application access policy, or run the game as an administrator.