3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VoVaN_92 19.11.21 12:26 am

Displaying fonts in a license from 1C (Dungeon Siege 2)

To begin with, I will write that I have 2 DS 2 games:
1) A license for 4 (about 600 MB disk) disks from 1C, the font is displayed incorrectly in it.
2) Pirate (1.4 GB), a video is cut in it, they speak English. The font of the menu, in dialogs, in the parameters of items / scrolls - Russian. The name of the monsters, some dialogues, messages are English.

I read a lot of information but everything is complete bullshit, because the answers are either not complete or left.
I ask you to help me with these questions:
1) What needs to be done to make the fonts appear normal? You can English, but preferably Russian (displayed gibberish).
2) How and where to install patch 2.02. Is it installed for a license or only for pirated games?

The patch was downloaded from this site, it contains 6 files:
BASE_CONTENT_53BCCAB3.RTP
BASE_EXE_E8B81D84.RTP
BASE_EXE_F8F7645C.RTP
ENGLISH_LANG_6FF7E76C.RTP
gpgupdate.exe
patchw32.dll

3) Do I need to add a registry file? If so, please write which one.
Don't suggest this nonsense:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Microsoft Games DungeonSiege2]
"AppPath" = "C: \ GAMES \ DUNGEO ~ 1"

... why? Because it doesn't work.
In general, I ask for help.
8 Comments
Sort by:
r
roma342 19.11.21

in my license on 4 disks, too, the font is shit! The first DS was better in graphics and quality! I also ask for help with fonts!

k
klim7 19.11.21

I also have a license for 4 disks. I suffered for a long time, but today everything worked out. You install the game, go: C Program Files find the game, in its files you need to delete two files Language.dll and language.ds2res delete them, then open the Resources folder and leave the window open. Then you put another disc with the same game (I have a Russian-English version with subtitles) open (file open) you find the Resources folder in it the Logic1.2res and Objects1.ds2res files, copy them and paste them into the Resources folder in the files of the already installed game (including window, cat. left open). Everything should work. Just be sure to delete those two files, cat. I advised above it seems that it is in them. I've been trying to do something about it for a week now, but today it turned out. Now I started the game and all the text is normal. Why exactly these files? I found an advice on one forum to transfer such files to the English version in order to get Russian voice acting, and when I transferred these two in that version, the text also turned into a mess. Then I deleted and replaced the file voices.ds2res and the Russian voice acting went into the game. Well, I thought maybe try to transfer the file with the text to the license. In the end, everything worked out. Now I squeal with delight.

k
klim7 19.11.21

I am writing about fonts again. I already told how I transferred the files, but it turned out that it was such a hassle and I found in the game, after the alteration, that the text of the diary and the names became English. And she did it differently. deleted the license and installed the Russian-English, then: go into the files with the game through the C: Program Files Dungeon Siege2 Resources drive, delete the Movies1.ds2res, Movies2.ds2res files (these are game video files) and Voices.ds2res (this is the voice acting of all dialogues, voices), you keep the window open. Then you insert the required disc with the licensed game (you need to look for the necessary files because they are scattered on all 4 discs of the game), open: My computer, select the mouse disk (D :), press File open find the same files, copy them one by one. And in the left open window with the files of the installed game in the Resources folder, press the right mouse button, then (insert) thus, instead of the old unvoiced videos, we get voiced dialogues and rollers. I did so immediately, but I wrote about it only now because I hadn't visited this site for a long time. I hope everyone will succeed. GOOD LUCK!!!

j
jorik74 19.11.21

do you have a link to the russian-english dungeon siege 2? if yes throw off plizz I really need to play

L
Lord ozon 19.11.21

jorik74
Look at "Megashar", there is DS2 + BW. DS2 Russian voice acting (pretty good after all) but BW only has English voice acting. but the text is in Russian. I downloaded it from there a little more than 1 year ago, maybe now this ripachek hangs there.

V
Vitaly Makarov .B 19.11.21

yes: (sorry, there is no clear answer with fonts ..

V
Vitaly Makarov .B 19.11.21

klim7 what you wrote there ... it's all bullshit ... stop using all sorts of crap so that you don't write such nonsense

D
Dimanxak 19.11.21

Vitaly Makarov .B
You need a game with a normal Russian font, as I understand it?