3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GTAman 19.11.21 12:58 am

The magic connection between the processor and the video card.

Sometimes you come across messages in the style of the processor (does not) pull the video card. What is it? What does the author mean? How does the processor interfere with rendering when rendering a scene?
5 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guide 19.11.21

What difference does it make in how it intervenes, if the fact remains - the more powerful the processor, the more FPS will be in most modern games. The higher the resolution in the game, the more the dependence on a powerful processor decreases.

In general, here is a test that shows the influence of the processor in games - http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/38764_2/Poeksperimentiruem_Issledovanie_vliyaniya_moschnosti_CPU_na_proizvoditelnost_GPU.html#4

m
mr_deck 19.11.21

And here is a link on the topic regarding the correspondence of CPU and GPU: http://www.gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/tablitsa-sootvetstviya-videokart-k-cpu.html

-
-SK.art- 19.11.21

oooii3gg

If to explain briefly and, if possible, available, then this is the connection:
In order for the video card to start processing the scene, the processor must "prepare" it for it, i.e. percent "draws" for her the location of objects in the scene, processes artificial intelligence, physics. Then the w / card starts processing the scene: it applies textures to objects, renders a picture, etc.
As a result, it turns out this: the more powerful the i / card, the more powerful the processor is needed. Because he should prepare the scene for the I / card quickly enough. If the processor is weak, the V / card will not use part of its power, i.e. partially idle, "idle".
Maybe I explained a little roughly, but I think the principle is clear.

ps: respect for the title of the topic, at least someone approached this quite creatively :)

G
GTAman 19.11.21

Then you need to find the optimal ratio of video to the processor in flops. And for this you need to analyze a bunch of tests, where only the video card or only the processor changes.

B
Bike Race Artem 19.11.21

Will the percent AMD Fx (tm) Six-core Processor 3.30 GHz reveal the Asus Radeon R9 380 Strix 4GB video card ???