3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LakerSC 19.11.21 01:06 am

Crackle in the new PSU

Good afternoon. Recently I bought a new power supply unit (Corsair RM750x). I noticed a crackling, both in idle and in games, in the latter it crackles a little harder. A similar crackle was in the old PSU (Aerocool Strike-x 600). Am I so lucky in terms of buying defective power supplies, or could it be something else? I read that bad wiring in the house or something wrong in the PC itself may be the cause of the cod. Recently changed vidyuhu, crackling has not changed. I turned off the energy saving process, there is no effect. Overclocking to 4.3 also did not give results, I tried all the sockets in the apartment - it bursts. In reviews for this series of bp they write that the unit does not emit any extraneous noises / squeaks. I ask the help of experts: |
System: fx8320, r9 390, m5a97 r2.0 evo
17 Comments
Sort by:
N
NorthernSky 19.11.21

Service only. Such a block should not pop on such a conference.

L
LakerSC 19.11.21

Blok bought NorthernSky in Germany, in computeruniverse, far from the service ...

Y
Yamaguchi-gumi 19.11.21

Whatever brand the unit is, there should be no noise except for the cooling cooler.

L
LakerSC 19.11.21

Yamaguchi-gumi
And the reason for the crackling may not be in the power supply unit itself? Or is there no options?

Y
Yamaguchi-gumi 19.11.21

LakerSC
Maybe you have a crackle from chokes (copper coils). In bp there are also above or below the processor, such black ones.

L
LakerSC 19.11.21

Yamaguchi-gumi
Is this critical? Is it considered a breakdown? The crackle is rather weak, but since the system unit is standing next to it, at the same level as the head, I can hear it.

S
San4ello83 19.11.21

LakerSC
Bring it to the service. Do not pull.

E
Esthetix 19.11.21

LakerSC
Bursting change once new.

Y
Yamaguchi-gumi 19.11.21

LakerSC
Yes, this is a breakdown, as the insulating varnish on the coil has cracked, but not critical. You can fill them with hot glue or epoxy.

L
LakerSC 19.11.21

Thanks for the answers, unfortunately, changing the power supply unit or sending it to Germany is not an option. I'll wait, maybe the crackling will pass by itself :(

S
SonyK_2 19.11.21

LakerSC
... There was a similar crack in the old power supply unit ...

Are you sure everything is in order with the electricity - is it possible to measure the voltage in the network?
It is possible to believe that one power supply unit was found to be defective, but the second in a row (with the same problem) is unlikely.

L
LakerSC 19.11.21

SonyK.
The wiring in the house is old, I don’t know how to measure it, unfortunately. Sometimes the light in the room blinks, but rarely, maybe once every half a year the lamp will dim for a second and that's it. If it's electricity, can a UPS solve the problem?

L
Len4ik00N 19.11.21

LakerSC
If it's electricity, can a UPS solve the problem?
In this case, the UPS will not be superfluous, but first it is better to make sure that it is not about the computer.

N
NorthernSky 19.11.21

Lug the artisanal repairmen, if there is a FSU guarantee.

S
Sanchez ramirez 19.11.21

And it's not the coolers that are cracking, by any chance? Try to stop each one in turn for a couple of seconds. If they are not the point, then you need to use a surge protector (well, or a UPS).

L
LakerSC 19.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
One fan rumbles on the case, but this is a completely different crackle, electric. On the power supply unit itself, the vent does not spin, as it should be. The surge protector is worth it, though it is already years old ... 9 probably: D. I changed the sockets - no use, so the filter is not an assistant here.

L
Lisstoman 19.11.21

LakerSC
Here's a damn, but I just wanted to take it to get rid of the crackle in my current power supply (This is the crackle of throttles, as happens on a video card, and it will not disappear itself. You need to disassemble the power supply and look for this choke, and then fill it with epoxy or put a small piece of wood)