3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
WНOAMI 19.11.21 10:42 am

Combining two power supplies

On the Internet there are many topics and videos on this subject, in which everyone tells in detail and shows how to do it, it is interesting to know how they work with prolonged use, maybe someone from the site users was engaged in this, and can share their experience?
6 Comments
Sort by:
W
WНOAMI 19.11.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
failure of one of the power supply units is of course dangerous, you can ditch the entire system, but I'm wondering if anyone did this at all?

S
Sanya Gladkov 45 19.11.21

Yes, 2 PSUs put 1 on the mother and on the system HDD and 2 pulled 2 HDDs. 3 coolers pdsvetku - the main thing is that the mass on the case is common, i.e. 2 bp in the court and all the good

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

I once saw a wiring for 2 bp sold. it just turns out that it starts at the same time,
however, how safe is this if, say, the floor of the video card is connected to one power supply, the other half to the other, etc., as far as they turn on synchronously - I do not know,
but in principle there is nothing in this. Powerful PSUs over 1000W, as a rule, consist of 2 blocks of small capacity. and all sorts of extreme nitrogen overclocks are accompanied by almost connecting each video card and processor to its own power supply unit so that it is stable and record-breaking.

L
Len4ik00N 19.11.21

I myself was once interested in this issue and decided to abandon such an undertaking - I felt sorry for the computer. Just a second is enough to ruin everything if you do something wrong, so it really will be cheaper to sell the existing power supply units and buy 1 normal power supply instead (even if you have to pay extra). Too many nuances need to be taken into account when combining power supplies (from characteristics to where the hands of the person who will do it grow from). If you are confident in your abilities and will not feel sorry for the spare parts, then you can experiment.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 19.11.21

Someone came up with this a long time ago:
http://www.3dnews.ru/908670

m
memorix 19.11.21

I assembled a farm for mining (whoever knows that will understand), there were 4 pieces of R290X in the system, there were 4 PSUs, everything was started from the motherboard, made a tricky adapter to launch all PSUs simultaneously with the start of the motherboard. The total mass of all power supply units clings stupidly into one (any black wire of the power supply unit), and the signal - green wire of all power supply units connects to the signal power supply unit that feeds the motherboard. The whole system worked uninterruptedly for a year 24/7, then abandoned the idea of ​​mining and sold everything. So the myths that something will burn are unreal !!!

The system was assembled like this: the motherboard, percent and one vidyuhi fed a 700W power supply, the other three vidyuhi were fed by a 500W power supply.