3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Darloud 19.11.21 10:42 am

How to upgrade weapons? (Dark Souls)

Here was the first blacksmith. I improved his uchigatana to +5, it sucks, there's nothing better than a dragon sword (chopped off the tail on the bridge). Who needs further improvement? I heard that at the blacksmith in the catacombs you can? + you can somehow enchant her like. For example, with a zipper. How to do it?
I ask because I have very low damage to bosses, while friendly phantoms have high. For example, I demolish the boss' HP by 2 cells, and the phantom was not very different from me by 6-8 cells, it demolishes. So I want to deal with pumping: Armor and weapons. More details please, if possible.

PS By the way, somehow I invaded a strange world at the low level of the location there was a woman magician. She shot me with fire on 2 small cells she demolished. A small level is immediately visible. I beat her 20 times and did not take anything away from her. Cheater?
77 Comments
Sort by:
a
astrozombie 19.11.21

find embers (coals), bring them to different blacksmiths, also look for different materials, first titanite fragments, then debris, pieces ... and so on

D
Darloud 19.11.21

astrozombie
This is all clear anyway ..... I already have a bunch of shit pieces that are not clear what they need to improve .... I thought that another blacksmith, that is, which will continue to improve after 5+, apparently I missed it.

f
firsov91 19.11.21

to raise the weapon to + 10, you need a Large Ember and give the blacksmith who is in front of the entrance to the forest André

D
Darloud 19.11.21

So I already gave 2 coal to him ..... and nothing.

D
Darloud 19.11.21

And I understood everything how it was simply necessary to go to the menu to change the weapon.

L
Looking 19.11.21

Guys, I have a question: how and where to fix the uchigatana?

a
astrozombie 19.11.21

from any blacksmith or himself with the help of a toolbox or some kind of magic dust

v
v-hlam 19.11.21

You can, in more detail, about upgrading weapons and shields,
I understand that if you pump up to +5 or +10, then you can upgrade it so that it will not look like the previous ones, even externally,

is it or not?

L
Looking 19.11.21

astrozombie
I go to the blacksmith, I press to fix it, but there is no uchigatana in the list.

a
astrozombie 19.11.21

maybe it’s not broken ... if it’s broken and not repaired try dusting it, sells the 1st trader in undeadburg

B
Beeros 19.11.21

A table with pumping levels and required reagents is here http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/file/view/smaller-guide.jpg/270782500/800x696/smaller-guide.jpg

* RAW - rough sharpening of a weapon. It deals high physical damage, but is weakly dependent on stats.

* Devine and Occult inflict additional magic damage, but reduce dependence on strength / dexterity, and Devine deals damage to undead (increases damage against phantom zombies, can put skeletons regardless of necromancers), and Occult increases damage against phantoms in human form.

* Magic weapons add magic damage based on intelligence level, but reduce dependence on strength / dexterity. The Enchanted has even stronger magical intellect damage and a lower dependency on strength / dexterity.

* Lightning - the weapon adds lightning damage, but does not depend on the stats. Crystalline - deals tremendous physical damage, but has low durability and cannot be repaired.

* Fire weapons add fire damage, but do not depend on stats. Chaos weapons can be strengthened depending on the number of free humanity on the counter.

v
v-hlam 19.11.21

what you need to download Devine or Occult to wet the ghosts in New Londo

x
xMikerz 19.11.21

Hello, I have a question: I have "Sword of the Black Knight +5" - I sharpened it with simple shards of titanite, I want to upgrade it to Divine. Gave the Divine Ember (which dropped from the Butterfly boss) and Large Ember to the blacksmith Andre of Astora. But when I click on the item "Change equipment" pops up the message "No weapons to upgrade." Tell me, maybe I can't figure out what the problem is (I looked at the table with the pumping levels that were given above, but it did not help me much)

B
Beeros 19.11.21

v-hlam
To beat ghosts, you have to be damned. There are special items for this - they give a temporary curse, while the hp does not decrease by 1/2, it seems they are sold by the witch in the sewers in Depth, although these items fall out from the ghosts themselves as much as 2 pieces.
You can also beat ghosts using a special weapon, it either falls from the ghosts, or a sword made from the soul of a wolf (you can safely hammer on it because of the high wearing requirements).

B
Beeros 19.11.21

xMikerz
is a unique weapon, it can only be enchanted by +5

L
Lokilook97 19.11.21

I have been playing in DS for a long time, I have already accumulated a pretty decent pouch of titanite, but to my great regret, I still have not figured it out ... I look at you good people here, they will answer in full;)
Well, how to pump weapons (not only with titanite)?

A
Alpha99 19.11.21

well, this requires great souls or coals =)
http://gamemag.ru/guides/dark-souls/72/284 here are the places where they come from

A
Arantir_3000 19.11.21

Lokilook97
cannot be upgraded with "not titanite". But everything has its own kind of titanite. Common items are improved - with ordinary titanite (first in small pieces, then in large ones), some rare / unique ones - with shimmering titanite, weapons from the souls of bosses - demonic. Enchanted weapons are upgraded with green titanite. Powerful versions of the enchanted are upgraded with the appropriate color (blue for enchantment (magic), red for chaos (fire), white for the occult (holiness)).

To use all these charms, you need to find coals and give them to the blacksmiths.

In addition to ordinary coal, the rest are needed not just to increase the improvement limit, but to open up new possibilities for enchanting weapons.
By default, 4 blacksmiths in the world of Dark Souls can accordingly transform ordinary weapons into any holy, fire, magic, electric, etc. But to obtain occult, chaotic and enchanted weapons, you need to take the corresponding coals to the appropriate blacksmiths.

There is a very well-built visual and convenient table: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades#x%E2%80%8D%E2%80%8DWeapons%20Upgrade%20Chart:%E2%80%8D%E2%80% 8D
In short: There are 3 types of enchantment for weapons +5: fire, magic, holiness. For each of them there are their "advanced" versions: chaos, enchantment, occult. Ordinary +10 weapons can be additionally changed to crystal or electric ("lightning"). There is also "rough", made from the same normal +5, more damage, but less bonus modifier for stats.
That is, there are a total of 6 options (+3 advanced) for customizing weapon properties. The rest depend directly on weapons: dragon, unique and from the souls of bosses.

Do you think that you will miss somewhere such a valuable ember? See the table of embers - http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades#Embers

Additionally:
To improve the usual from +5 to +6, you need to select the "Change equipment" item and the corresponding tab (appears after delivering the coal to the blacksmith). Improvement +5 -> +6 is not available directly through "Upgrade Weapon / Armor".
The same goes for the rest of the possibilities given by the coals. If an improvement is not available in "Improve weapons", although coal has already been brought, then the weapon simply needs to be changed to a more advanced version first, and then improved.

Only weapons enchanted with +5 can be upgraded to "crude". If you improve it higher, then the option to change to coarse will be unavailable. Probably, the same rule works for improving fiery to chaotic, etc.
Enchanted weapons can be changed back to regular + 5 / + 10 (depending on what was required first). That is, in fact, the enchantment can be changed. But all the upgrades to the old enchanted weapon will not be refunded (i.e., what is +0, what is +10 - changes to the usual +10).

s
strazik21 19.11.21

listen and how to create weapons from these rare souls

L
Lokilook97 19.11.21

In-in ... And there are a couple more questions:
1. Is it possible to improve the Dragon Sword and with the help of what?
2. What charms does War have? What do you need to download?
3. The question is not related to the topic at all. What game would you recommend for these parameters:
3.1 Good graph (preferably better than in DS)
3.2 RPG freer (like Elder Srolls)