3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MY4EHNK 19.11.21 12:09 pm

Set Radeon 2x6990 4g graphics to a minimum (Assassin's Creed: Syndicate)

The bottom line is this, I had a Radeon 6970 2g required 2 gig at the minimum, put Radeon 2x6990 4g, 4 gig was required at the minimum. Explain, maybe I'm stupid.
5 Comments
Sort by:
T
Trestan 19.11.21

Here it is no longer the amount of memory of the card that plays a role, but the very antiquity of the card, well, the speed will not allow to open the game in any way

I
IronKnight534 19.11.21

Trestan
I'll tell you this: I have the same vidyuha, and ACS went to minimum salaries. But I agree with you, the antiquity of vidyuhi will not let you fully reveal the potential of the game

I
IronKnight534 19.11.21

MY4EHNK
And you, kid ... The fact is that if you put on the second ancient vidyuhu, then there will be no potential in your memory either way. Useless. He will simply devour your energy, and your poor babosiks do not know what will happen to them. So bro, put better 1 vidyuhu with 2-4 gigs of memory. And besides, look at the frequency of the core and memory, they play a good role in the performance of a computer and a game. I have the same vidyuha, only 1, and the game pulls to a minimum. And why is the minimum salary of 4 GB prescribed? This is again I tell you, bro, the antiquity of vidyuhi.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

6990 has 2GB for each chip. these are 2 video cards in one. if there are 2. in the system, that is, 4gpu still have 2 GB and not 8 as the game can see. and it is worth noting that it will multiply the amount of memory consumed by the GPU. Those she eats about 4GB will be 16GB, respectively, and there is no paradox.
if the crossfire works, then all the cards can be loaded, the computing performance should be enough but there is no memory.
By the way, mine would really like to have a system with 2mya 6990 for tests in different games, in particular, to prove that such a configuration 1-2 years ago could ultra and punish schoolchildren with 1gpu despite the age of the entire system.

B
Belomorkanal 19.11.21

MY4EHNK
I did not understand you about what is required where. But I realized that you are mistaken, indicating the amount of video card memory. On this video card, the total working memory capacity is 2 gigs, and not 4, because each GPU on this video card uses only its working set of 2 GB. It turns out that the memory of the two GPUs is duplicated, that is, absolutely the same information is recorded in both of these sets of 2 gigabytes, because in fact this is the most ordinary CF. But he didn't lie productively! He just misled, after all, this is a legal brainwashing of the townsfolk. On this video card, 4 gig chips are really soldered, but why only 2 gigs are used - I have already described a little higher.

PS To be honest, I'm already tired of constantly explaining to people that in CF and SLI modes the memory is duplicated, not summed up. Well, people do not understand that a GPU can work exclusively with its own controller and a set of memory and cannot use the memory of another GPU. Also, people do not understand that the PCI-E interface will not allow fast enough data transfer from one GPU to another because of the scanty bandwidth.