3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TrollPro2 19.11.21 12:09 pm

How do I install mods? (Fallout 4)

Can't install mods. I went through all sorts of guides and used the nexus mod manager. Perhaps this is because of the pirate. Initially, I didn't have Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Customs.ini. So I downloaded them.
16 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mag dobra 19.11.21

How was it not? I have these files in my pirate. Try downloading another repack / crack. It is possible that the version does not fit. And on the good, in the subject with mods, it would be necessary to lay out instructions on how to add a mod.

C
Cold light 19.11.21

In general, the instruction looks like this: move the contents of the archive to Steam SteamApps common Fallout 4 Data "
Open C: Users % USER% AppData Local Fallout4 plugins.txt
Add the line" filename.esp "without Quotes
Save plugins.txt, check the read-only checkbox in the properties!
Play!
But some mods also have tricks, for example, for the decorator of the latest versions, you still need to fix something in the ini if ​​it crashes when you try to enter the mod's submenu.

T
TrollPro2 19.11.21

I went through the game almost to the end. I want to install mods on textures without .esp files. Throwing files with mods into the Data folder. So I will look for another repack / crack.

J
Jeff-xxx 19.11.21

TrollPro2
Who is this for? : -Open the path documents / mygames / fallout4 / file fallout4.ini
Add lines:
[Archive]
sResourceDataDirsFinal = STRINGS , TEXTURES , MUSIC , SOUND , INTERFACE , MESHES , PROGRAMS , MATERIALS , LODSETTINGS , VIS , MISC , SCRIPTS , SHADERSFX

T
TrollPro2 19.11.21

Jeff-xxx
And so he did. Does not work.

J
Jeff-xxx 19.11.21

TrollPro2
Well, I don’t know, it works for everyone, take a closer look. I have it like this:
sResourceDataDirsFinal = STRINGS , TEXTURES , MUSIC , SOUND , INTERFACE , MESHES , PROGRAMS , MATERIALS , LODSETTINGS , VIS , MISC , SCRIPTS , SHADERSFX , VIDEO

T
TrollPro2 19.11.21

Jeff-xxx
This is exactly how it is written.

T
TrollPro2 19.11.21

MoRoZ One
Can you give a link where you downloaded the game? I can not find.

L
LordYan 19.11.21

Google will help you find everything yourself, even my 5 year old son finds what he needs ...

M
Mag dobra 19.11.21

TrollPro2 A
friend threw me a torrent file. Googled, full of all sorts of giveaways

T
TrollPro2 19.11.21

I can find it easily, but not the fact that all of the torrent files will work.

Y
Youxyxol 19.11.21

Jeff-xxx
This method is getting old because causes an increase in download times. If you prescribed the old method, then it does not hurt to cancel all the changes made when using it.
Spoiler
I use this method myself, the mods work.

Let's go along the path ... / My Documents / My Games Fallout 4
In the Fallout4Prefs.ini file, add the following line under the [Launcher] line.

bEnableFileSelection = 1

In the Fallout4Custom.ini file, add the following line under the [Archive] line (If there is no such line, create it).

bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1
sResourceDataDirsFinal =

J
Jeff-xxx 19.11.21

Vychuchol
We follow the path ... / My Documents / My Games Fallout 4
In the Fallout4Prefs.ini file, add the following line under the [Launcher] line.

bEnableFileSelection = 1
Yes, it's written, but:
Spoiler sResourceDataDirsFinal = STRINGS , TEXTURES , MUSIC , SOUND , INTERFACE , MESHES , PROGRAMS , MATERIALS , LODSETTINGS , SHADX , MISC , SCRIPFTS , VIDEO is needed in order for the game to search for files first in folders, and not in native archives

J
Jeff-xxx 19.11.21

TrollPro2 Write
down more, as Vychuchol wrote, I just have everything spelled out from the day the game was released, everything works fine.

Y
Youxyxol 19.11.21

Jeff-xxx
You no longer need to register this, registration increases the download time, now you need to register in Fallout4Custom.ini, and do not touch Fallout4.ini at all. Because bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1 gives the same result as registering folders, but without detrimental effect on loading time.

d
demonusik33 19.11.21

no incentive. where to shove?