3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BerkutArmageddon 19.11.21 01:04 pm

The influence of choice in the final mission of the first part (Mass Effect 2)

It is possible that the topic is button accordion, but I am interested in specific details for which I did not find answers.

At the end of the first part, there are three main options:
1) We are saving the Council, we are heroes;
2) we kill the Council, create a new one, the SAME as it was;
3) we kill the Council, create a new one, but consisting only of people.

There are two additional options to these three options:
1) membership / head of the council - Admiral David Anderson;
2) membership / head of the council - Ambassador Donnel Udina (vile type, according to the plot - bastard).

The essence of the first question is the influence of the choice of the main option: how will this or that choice affect?
The Mass Effect Wiki says that if the Council is destroyed, then in the second part I will meet contempt in my direction, but it does not say how exactly the influence of the choice of the second or third option differs. Can you please tell me what's what? For I don’t want to be despised, and having Council membership after saving the galaxy is the least I would like to count on.

The essence of the second question is the influence of the additional choice: what will my choice of this or that representative / head of the Council affect?

If we take into account the rules of combinatorics, then there are only six possible outcomes:
1) salvation of the Council, the representative is Admiral David Anderson;
2) Rescue Council, Representative - Ambassador Donnel Udina;
3) the destruction of the Council, the creation of the SAME, the representative - Admiral David Anderson;
4) the destruction of the Council, the creation of the SAME, the representative - Ambassador Donnel Udina;
5) the destruction of the Council, the creation of an exclusively human, head - Admiral David Anderson;
6) the destruction of the Council, the creation of an exclusively human, head - Ambassador Donnel Udina;

Actually, the main problem: please help me deal with all this offal, because, as I wrote earlier, I did not find answers to my questions, and I do not want contempt, but participation in the Council is the lesser of the "awards".
If anything, I am not interested in what "people will be afraid and despised."

PS All my descriptions are my logical conclusions, which were derived from the direct passage of the game, as well as from the analysis of information obtained on the Mass Effect Wiki.
21 Comments
Sort by:
E
Esthetix 19.11.21

It's simple. 2 times the game must be completed in full and 2 main saves. Corpse Council Ambassador Udina, Council alive Ambassador Udina. So that is all . Anderson is a good guy, but he's not a politician.

B
BerkutArmageddon 19.11.21

Esthetix
On the account of Anderson, I agree with you, but it is worth noting that the plot will continue to continue the war with the Reapers (Reapers, ets.). I have already played the game once - I chose to recreate the same Council with a representative, Admiral Anderson (option 2-1).
So, immediately after choosing Shepard's remark: "The Council needs a person with military experience" (this is not a quote, this is the essence of the statement). And I totally agree with Shepard.
And there is also one detail about the additional option: Anderson brought me a ship, and helped to hijack it when Udina ordered to block this ship. Well, in all fairness, I personally believe that if you choose the first additional option, then it will be "gratitude" to Anderson, and if the second - Anderson's "betrayal",

S
Sidorovich12 19.11.21

I don’t know how it’s right or not, but I, for example, saved the advice of part 1 and then appointed Anderson to the post of advisor. But in essence, these decisions do not affect the passage of the main storyline in any way. So the choice depends only on the desire of the player.

B

Sidorovich12
So I want to deal with any influence of my choice in order to understand what I want.

And I also learned that when the council is destroyed and a new one is created, if I choose Udina, then I cannot return the SPECTRUM status. That is, this bastard will send me out for a walk one more time. It’s just not clear under what option the destruction of the council will be just such an outcome.

p
predator999 19.11.21

Ambassador Udina will be head of the council anyway. I know that if the advice is to save, then at the start, the military power of the alliance fleet will be in 3 parts a little less.

B

predator999
Can you tell us more about what side Udina will become in any case in the Council? If I choose Anderson, will he be demoted for incompetence?

E
EMPs 19.11.21

Looking ahead, Udina will continue as he put a spoke in the wheels. Therefore, my personal opinion is to save the advice, Anderson for the post.
As I noticed, the rescue / kill mainly affects the phrases of the NPC on the Citadel, maybe elsewhere.
Affects many on part 3.
From the same wiki (spoilers are possible):
Spoiler Humanity will be accepted into the galactic community, and the aliens on the Citadel will recognize Shepard (a) and recognize them as a hero.
If the Council was not saved, then there will be no meeting, and Shepard can receive Specter status only if Anderson is a member of the Council. Humanity will be hated and feared, and aliens on the Citadel will recognize Shepard and despise him (her)

The fate of the Council in the battle with the Sovereign.
If the Council is saved, then the First, Third and Fifth Alliance Fleets will lose 25 points of military resources, but the "Path of Destiny" will give 70 points.
During the Cerberus attack on the Citadel, the amount of military resources received will differ depending on the Advisor (Valenn will give more points than Eshil).

Appointment of Donnel Udina or David Anderson as Counselor.
Udina will in any case be an advisor in ME3, however, the Code will mark who was the advisor during the events of ME2.

For part 3, many interchanges need to be monitored through http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%92%D0% BE% D0% B5% D0% BD% D0% BD% D1% 8B% D0% B5_% D1% 80% D0% B5% D1% 81% D1% 83% D1% 80% D1% 81% D1% 8B

E
EMPs 19.11.21

BerkutArmageddon
Anderson will not be demoted, but according to the plot of the third part, he will not be able to be on the Citadel, and accordingly he will not be able to be on the Council. (so as not to spoil, I think there is no need to say more)

B

Quote from the page http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Citadel_Advice:
QuoteIf you leave the Council, then other races of the Galaxy begin to openly hate humanity for the fact that they did not fulfill their duty and abandoned the advisers to their fate.

The choice is up to the Player.
Quoted from http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Countback :
_Last_Battle : Quote Council survives: Council thanks Shepard and the Alliance and offers humanity a seat on the Council. In place of the advisor, you can choose Udina or Anderson. When choosing Anderson, Udina asks if Shepard is sure of his choice. Then you can change your mind and give this place to Udine, or again support Anderson.

Council Dies: Udina talks to Anderson and Shepard about how Shepard did a great service to humanity by allowing him to take a seat on the Council. Depending on which points Shepard (a) has more - a hero or an apostate, Udina will propose to convene a new council, where there will be only people (Apostate) or the same as before, but with people at the head (Hero). Udina will ask Shepard (s) who would be better off for a seat on the Council - him or Anderson. Shepard makes a decision and, after a short cut-scene, the first part of the trilogy ends.
This is the only mission page I've come across with an incomplete description of the dialogue forks.

The page http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Transferable_with_save_data lists all three main choices, but does not say about the effect of each of them. Only the text of the beginning of the second part.

So I'm looking for information about at least the main elections. At the expense of additional - I have already decided that Anderson will be the leader of the gang.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

options 2
advice saved advice not saved. the outcome is the same. the same newcomers of the current faces are different.
separately, I don't remember very well, but it seems like with the saved advice shepard is stopped in the rank of the spectrum if you are a good shepard, but according to the plot, this absolutely does not give anything. even a renegade Shepard may call himself a spector.
additionally 2 colonel - the ambassador in power. also, except for the dialogue in the podium with these posons, there is no difference in me2. there is no difference in me3.
thus there are only 4 possible options for this question.

B

Evgeny Guzhva
Do not hesitate to spoil: my principle of passing any games (watching any films) is to know what I should expect in the future. And I try to stick to this principle.
PS As strange as it may seem, it's more interesting for me to play (watch a movie).

B

MunchkiN 616
I went through all the options when playing through the game. I have already played the game once. So please, please don't argue about the number of options. Combinatorial rules in the topic.

E
EMPs 19.11.21

BerkutArmageddon
Well, if you really spoil, the Reapers will attack the Earth, Anderson will remain on the defensive. And Udina, it turns out ...
Spoiler (Whatever decisions were made before in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, in Mass Effect 3 Udina appears as an advisor. But he will not last long in his post. During the attack of Cerberus on the Citadel it turns out that Udina was involved in the attack. In any case, dies at the hands of Shepard (a), or at the hands of Ashley / Kaiden.)
http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%94%D0%BE% D0% BD% D0% BD% D0% B5% D0% BB_% D0% A3% D0% B4% D0% B8% D0% BD% D0% B0
And of course the status of the Spectrum depends on the choice ...
And the entire third part will be absorbed by the reapers, therefore, in my opinion, it is better to recruit a fleet from all possible aliens. (a tab on the wiki - military resources, if you go through all of them, it will be released for a rather long time) http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%92%D0%BE%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0% BD% D1% 8B% D0% B5_% D1% 80% D0% B5% D1% 81% D1% 83% D1% 80% D1% 81% D1% 8B

B

Evgeny Guzhva
At the expense of Anderson in defense and Udina the traitor - thank you, for me this is useful information (no sarcasm).
As for the duration - there is nothing scary for me, because certain types of routine amuse me.

E
EMPs 19.11.21

BerkutArmageddon
then I advise you to dig around there, almost any solution in all parts of the ME will either go to military resources in +, or to -. The final battle directly depends on this, that is, the ending of the 3rd part, which everyone quietly hates, because of its ambiguity)

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

BerkutArmageddon I have no
exclusively human advice. the udina may say this at the end of the me1, but in fact, nothing of the kind happens because it does not make sense and any choice is not transferred after the death of Saren. In me2, Shepard makes a choice either when he flies with Jacob Miranda in the trough or in the dLS comic of adventures in me1.
and so in the first part of the ME
there is a replica of the candidate of each candidate under the evil and good Shepard when the council is destroyed. Probably the same alignment has if the advice is not destroyed, but at minya the red ends with the saved advice did not work out. under Shepard, the apostate is probably believed to be a man of conscience.
thus me1 can have the following finals
1 tip fart. red ending
udina 2 advice farted. blue ending udina
3 advice farted. red end of anders
4 tip fart. red blue andersa
5 tip is alive. blue ending of anders
6 advice is alive. the blue ending of udina
and +2 hypnotic red ending in this case,
but if we consider the ending me1 it is in a different peck-pitch theme.

S
Sidorovich12 19.11.21

BerkutArmageddon
Well, I don't know, but I think the ending I described is more or less ideal. Saved the council, put a good Persian on the post of adviser, and in subsequent parts thanks from the council and other people, more accommodating allies to fight the reapers.

m
manda4evan 19.11.21

at the end of the trilogy, you still have a choice of three endings at best, two at worst.
so don't bother

E
Esthetix 19.11.21

BerkutArmageddon
Pass with udin. Believe me, you will have a surprise in 3 parts of the game. As I have already said, Anderson is a tough man, and Udina is somehow not ice. 2 full passes were for Anderson, and when I chose udina and started to pass, I was very surprised and then understood the developers' intention in such a moment as anderson and udina (like one evil policeman, the second good policeman). Although already above you were told a joke about the udin. ))) XD

B

Esthetix
Having learned that Udina will run the attack on the Citadel in the third part - I will spread rot at every opportunity.