3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sva_11 19.11.21 01:17 pm

Crash at the entrance to the cave of the spirit on the quest The Whispering Hill (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Faced a problem on version 1.10 - the game crashes after entering the cave. The update to 1.11 did not help, the same thing - just went in, ran to the moving roots - a crash. There was no relegation anywhere in the game! Config: Win7x64, 2 * GTX680 in SLI. Last firewood. Operas - 16 GB.
I guess that the problem may be that the recommended level for this quest is 6th, and I ran 11th, and the quest is already gray. Who has any thoughts / advice? And is there an alternative way to go through the storyline in Velen?
18 Comments
Sort by:
-
-Dismal- 19.11.21

sva_11
level for this quest is 6th, and I came running 11th - it doesn't matter

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

sva_11
I suppose that the problem may be that the recommended level for this quest is 6th, and I ran 11th, and the quest is already gray. Do not bring nonsense, try to check the integrity of the cache in Steam, or are you driving a pirate?

m
milcin7 19.11.21

Inv1sible
no pirates!

R
Ryogi Shiki 19.11.21

And is there an alternative way to go through the storyline in Velen?
this quest is not the main one and without passing it you can move further along the plot, but the chain of secondary quests in Velen without going into this cave will stop. no further

s
sva_11 19.11.21

Inv1sible
Delirium is not nonsense, I have no other assumptions. You, apparently, too.
The game is a GOG license.

s
sva_11 19.11.21

Nikotinoz_
I see, thank you.
Is it possible using the console to make this quest complete? I don't give a damn about the experience for him.

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

sva_11
patch came out 1.12 install, try again to go to the place where it throws you out, maybe profiles, if not then try to start the quest, if there are saved saves.

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

sva_11
still try to go to the Roach) the idea is really crazy, but it can help you, and what else are you playing in full screen mode?

v
vital3088 19.11.21

I will say that the problem is definitely not in the character's level, because at 35 and 34 levels I went through quests for levels 10, 11, 12. The game should not influence this because the world is open and large (the freedom of choice is shorter). Try to roll back in saving 10-15 minutes back and complete the quest. GOOD LUCK !

s
sva_11 19.11.21

Inv1sible
Thanks for the info about the patch. I'm already downloading, I'll try to get through, suddenly they've fixed it.
Entering the cave on the Roach is a cool idea! Creative! I'll try to start the quest again if Roach doesn't help)). There are saves.
Yes, I play in full screen mode.
vital3088
"will roll back in saving 10-15 minutes back" I'll try, thanks for the advice (I tried to meditate - it doesn't help).

S
Shadowarm 19.11.21

sva_11 set the
windowed mode, without frames and try to go to the place where it crashes, it can help! I play in this mode myself, I noticed only a few minor crashes behind me.

s
sva_11 19.11.21

Inv1sible
Hmm, I'll try.

s
sva_11 19.11.21

Total tried on 1.11:
1. Window.mode without frames - does not help.
2. Graphics settings to a minimum - does not help.
3. It was not possible to enter the cave on the Roach - it does not give a high threshold, and it is impossible to fall on this threshold from above, because when approaching a tree, the game crashes. (((
4. Roll back in saving 10-15 minutes ago - does not help.
Remaining options:
1. Update to 1.12.
2. If it does not help, try to start the quest again.

s
sva_11 19.11.21

Upgrading to 1.12 didn't help.

s
sva_11 19.11.21

Started the quest again after updating to 1.12 - did not help. Departure.

s
sva_11 19.11.21

People, but what is the quest called in English? I want to write to the support editor.

s
sva_11 19.11.21

I hasten to inform you that I solved the problem with the help of the advice of the moderator of. projects forum:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/64170-Crash-on-desktop-when-I-came-close-to-lake-in-cave-or-big-tree-on-hill-at -quest-quot-The-whispering-hillock-quot
The reason, most likely (judging by the advice of the moderator and the opinions in that thread) was that the files from GOG were defective. Those. the game was installed and worked, but in objectivity. places due to inferiority (bitness, curvature) of the installation files or Russification files, the game crashes.
The second, unlikely, reason, in my opinion, could be that I did not have the Visual C ++ 2012 x86 package (but only x64) and not the latest version installed. Hence the conclusion - always install both and the latest versions of these packages, regardless of which Windows you have, 32-bit or 64-bit.
Now the solution to the problem with the departure:
1. Download and install GOG Galaxy.
2. Import into it (specify the folder) the game.
3. Wait for the import and the results of checking the game files (it is possible that additional data will be downloaded and the game updated. I know what it downloads there. Despite the downloaded from GOG and installed patch 1.12 and the Russification package, Galaxy additionally downloaded 602 MB some updates for the game files and then another 520 MB, when I assigned the Russian language for the game.)
4. Select the imported game and click: More - Manage - Verify / Repair.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the procedure to complete. Perhaps additional downloads will be made. data and updated game.
Additional options for solving the problem with departures:
http://www.gog.com/support/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/crash_to_desktop
http://www.gog.com/support/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/bgog_galaxy_troubleshooting_and_useful_informationb

s
sva_11 19.11.21

I forgot to say: I did not delete the mods, the game is easily imported with them into Galaxy, only after completing all its check and update procedures, you need to delete the hacks folder. At startup, compilation will take place and the game will start (if, of course, it was previously launched with these mods).
List of mods I play with: http://www.playground.ru/files/witcher_3_wild_hunt_skript_dlya_zapuska_modov_1_12-115122/#comment-14457139