3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VETER15 19.11.21 01:22 pm

Play as Alans (Total War: Attila)

Total War: Attila is a tricky strategy, especially when playing with certain factions. To successfully complete the campaign, you need to not only understand the intricacies of the game mechanics, but also be able to use the strengths and weaknesses of each nation to your advantage. Without the necessary knowledge, the player is likely to easily lose, and his state will never leave any trace in history.

Briefly from history: There were 2 armies that started playing, not the most important ones. First, he went to war against (Petrodava) Anakopia, captured. Then he captured the villages adjacent to it.
Then he climbed up to Asiatic Scythia, the lands there are deserted, colonized. Colonized until there were no empty provinces available to me. I colonized the provinces only as a whole, since it would be bad to live without the main city, and leaving a profitable village to another faction is also not an option.
And further the Huns.
So far, everything is bad with the Huns ... I don’t know what will happen next.

SpoilerIn the current version of the game, the Alans are one of the weakest nations in Total War: Attila. It is not easy to play for them on the global map, because to win you need to keep two distant regions: one in the south of France, the second near the Caucasus Mountains. Protecting these territories is especially difficult due to the fact that the Alans got rather mediocre units. Although the cavalry of this faction receives certain additional bonuses, the Alan riders lose in everything to similar units of other barbarians, which from the point of view of history is completely untrue. Thus, horse archers of the Alans do not possess the critical skill “Parthian shot”: they cannot shoot at a gallop at the enemy riders pursuing them. In general, it is better to postpone the campaign for the last descendants of the Sarmatians until the next patches are released, where, we will believe,
11 Comments
Sort by:
W
WarMachine2 19.11.21

The Huns are getting angrier with each stage of the campaign, if you do not have 10 fully combat-ready armies, then it is better to knock them off.

C
CiD_x 19.11.21

you can be friends with the Huns

C
CEMENTATOR 19.11.21

VETER15
I have not even heard of such a daring version of the campaign. The only method of survival seems to be an alliance with the Huns, unless of course you are jarred by the constant raids of such allies on your territory. On top of that, while the Huns are standing somewhere, the replenishment of armies and other disadvantages to the economy stop in that province, and it seems not just in the territory with the city, but right in this entire province. With such large distances between cities as in the steppe, it is possible to keep cities from destruction only by keeping an army of spearmen in each city, or better phalangists.
The rest of the nomads, who can also burn down cities, at least can be destroyed over time, but they, too, are greyhounds in those places. Although it may not be so scary for those who have learned to play against these nomads? For example, in those ruined places I never tried to turn around, and I can do little against such armies in an open field. At the highest difficulty, both campaign and battles.
In short, even nothing can be advised, as it seems to me. Hold on, and if you hold out, then do not forget to tell how you could resist the Huns. If I were in the place of the Alans in the Caucasus, I would wind up, in Kartli, an excellent fortress can be built by the way.

V
VETER15 19.11.21

L | EMEHTATOP
I had to spend money to negotiate with the Gunas.

I was attacked from below by a bunch of puppet states. So I will probably not be bored for a long time. And at this time the Huns will beat my trading partners, ambassadors constantly come with alliances from them. Even gold is offered.

Spoiler

C
CEMENTATOR 19.11.21

VETER15 Tough
alignment, but it is better to plunder enemy cities, not destroy. You can knock out from 5 to 7 thousand at a time.
In my latest version of the game, only nomads can burn cities that have Mongoloids in the leader's photos, and the rest do not. And you have something half of the card has already burned out, especially from below it looks strange.
It is also necessary to squeeze Pannonia sharply, tk. there is great fertility, even with this you can raise coins. On some camels in Arabia, I knock Magna with this 3000 per turn on the second level of these farms, and there is no fertility at all.
But the main thing is to burn out no one for sure, in an extreme case, you can capture the city so that the army recovers, and during this time all the buildings there demolish the naps, for this some money seems to go to the treasury, and then the opponent will not be able to do anything there, but only to rebuild, and then it will be possible to rob it again. And with the destruction of the city, already a bolt on this profit. You can't arrange robberies or raids.
The second point is the option with the capture of cities where there are resources, they should be taken even without the ability to capture the entire province. In Germano-Sarmatia, there is a city with diamonds on the coast, although it was destroyed from the start of the game.
Salt and lead, too, there, the ownerless are on the map, the paints are right next to each other.

K
Kapranos 19.11.21

I can't develop for the Alans in any way, their archers demons blow my infantry and kava to the fluff, moreover, all the time a Pyrrhic victory, and their stacks are twig and twig

C
CEMENTATOR 19.11.21

Kapranos
card in the studio!

V
VETER15 19.11.21

L | EMEHTATOP
At the bottom, yes, I destroyed a couple of cities there, since as soon as they make peace, they immediately start the war on the next turn. Tired of spending money, some wars. And so at least they do not have time to reach or whatever, but they attack less when there is a distance.

The Huns burn everything from above, I'm afraid to poke in there, since I have no army there, no gold in the treasury. And they almost attack.

Now I will send the army to clean the bottom, to the east. I'll start with the Afrigids.

Kapranos
Make peace) In general, the horses carry these archers to the fluff, and then they catch up and give them luli.

E
Edgens 19.11.21

I did something completely different, I play on the penultimate difficulty! First, the Alans captured Constantinople and Turkey, there he created several vassals, from them I take spearmen for the Alanian army. Since he fought with both Roman Empires, therefore, the relationship with the barbarians and the Huns is excellent, with whom I can trade and an alliance with the Huns! A lot of money, only the Sassanids declared war after I knocked out the Eastern Romans and I began to squeeze them out, for the Small Victory it remains only to seize a province in Western Europe! And I don't see any reason to settle in the steppes at all, since the cities are very far from each other, and the reinforcements of the Huns are always on your territory! IMHO

V
VETER15 19.11.21

Went on the attack

Spoiler

V
VETER15 19.11.21

Spoiler

open in a new tab