3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rusxaker 19.11.21 01:22 pm

MSI Z97 PC Mate DIMM Slot 3,4 are not working correctly.

I bought myself a new Intel Core i7-4790K processor and Mat. MSI Z97 PC Mate board, when you connect RAM (Nanya Technology M2F4GH64CB8HB6N-CG 4GB) to DIMM Slot 3 or 4, the system unit reboots every 3 seconds. RAM works in DIMM Slot 1 and 2, but for 2-channel mode the RAM needs to be connected to DIMM Slot 2 and 4. Please tell me what could be the problem?
28 Comments
Sort by:
d
dobro4insky 19.11.21

Rusxaker The
memory is cool, the mother is even cooler, msi, they are like that ... Try another memory like Hyunix ... I don't understand what prevented me from taking a normal mother like asus or gigi?

R
Rusxaker 19.11.21

I need to know what exactly the problem is in the RAM (it worked fine on the old Math board) or in the New Math. Board.

I
ILIA_1992 19.11.21

Rusxaker
Look at the socket legs. I had the same situation. I could not understand for a long time. I asked the ISI tech support and they advised me to look at the socket. Perhaps your legs are bent. I looked and did find two bent legs.

Because of them, only slots 1 and 2 worked. There was no talk of a two-channel mode, respectively. I sweated under a magnifying glass for about 40-50 minutes to trim the legs. As a result, the memory works in two-channel mode.

If you described everything correctly about your problem, then we have the same problem.

R
Ryazancev 19.11.21

1.Try to test the planks one by one. 2. Set the memory voltage to spd (norm 1.5 V). 3.debris in the slots or the strips do not fully enter (check the latches)

B
Belomorkanal 19.11.21

Rusxaker
The problem is that the two-channel mode cannot start with these chips. Most likely, the operation is bad, you need to try other modules to tell for sure, since this rarely happens through the fault of the controller. I once came across the fact that the two-channel mode did not work due to the fact that there were 16 256MB chips on one RAM bar, and 8 512MB on the second, the chips themselves were of low quality and worked only in their own channel, and when combined into a two-channel, the RAM controller apparently could not find the optimal timings and voltage for both types of chips, of course the computer would not start at the same time until you moved at least one bar to another slot to start the RAM in the 1plane 1channel mode.

R
Rusxaker 19.11.21

Belomorkanal
Both planks are the same for me. I tried to just put one bar in Slot 3 or 4, it still restarts

R
Rusxaker 19.11.21

ILIA_1992
I checked that the legs are not bent.

R
Rusxaker 19.11.21

Perhaps you need to update your BIOS?
PS I have Version 4.7, the newest is 4.A

d
dobro4insky 19.11.21

Belomorkanal
If you are not in the Course, then nanya is supplied to Asia and puts its own chips on them, the same chips are used in cheap Kingston, and it is not a fact that the memory has passed the MSI compatibility test ... memory slots are buggy, or have you ever thought of this? After all, memory, as he says, worked before?

I
ILIA_1992 19.11.21

Rusxaker
Take a closer look. I didn’t notice it right away.

It is also worth looking at the memory compatibility with the motherboard on the MSI manufacturer's website.
If there is, as I have a second assembly, then the most ideal way to check on it.

I will repeat myself. I have a problem described by you exactly. If you have a magnifying glass or other magnifying device, then it is worth checking carefully.

R
Rusxaker 19.11.21

dobro4insky
On Old Mat. board (ASRock 970DE3 / U3S3), the RAM was working.

d
dobro4insky 19.11.21

Rusxaker
And if you insert it into the 1/3 slot?

R
Rusxaker 19.11.21

dobro4insky
Tried it, doesn't work.

R
Rusxaker 19.11.21

On the MSI website, mine is not in the list of supported memory, there is only a very similar M2F4G64CB8HD5N-CG, I have M2F4GH64CB8HB6N-CG

d
dobro4insky 19.11.21

Rusxaker Leave the
house, go to a friend, take a memory and try it. Everything will become clear right away ... It will be a shame if the new mother is stupid ...

B
Belomorkanal 19.11.21

dobro4insky
What does the mother have to do with if the RAM controller is built into the CPU? The mother only gives power to the RAM.

D
DiZBaT 19.11.21

I also have MSI Z97 PC Mate and i7-4790K, only Kingston HyperX FURY DDR3-1866 memory 16 gigs - everything works fine for over a year, I have 2 and 4 memory slots involved and I bought two strips in one set for better compatibility in dual-channel mode

B
Belomorkanal 19.11.21

Rusxaker
These lists are complete nonsense, you don't need to pay attention to them at all, since different chips can be installed on the same (by model) operative slats (which have passed tests at the same frequencies, timings and voltage), which the manufacturer often closes from vigilant eyes. In fact, absolutely any serviceable operative must run with this processor at standard 1333MHz.
In my experience, I can say that most of the problems with RAM are caused by low-quality chips on the slats. Problems are especially evident in the two-channel mode in operation (more often when the memory is full) or in general at the start of the PC when the controller selects the optimal mode of RAM operation and passes trainings.

d
dobro4insky 19.11.21

Rusxaker
and what does the BIOS look like?

d
dobro4insky 19.11.21

Belomorkanal
Yes, despite the fact that the friend has 4690 and the mother of msi ... They work from 4 slots 3 ... the last one does not either with any memory ... And moreover, if you set the memory to 2 4, then only 2 are visible slot and at the same time stupid when the computer is running ... The same memory in 1/3 works with a bang ...