3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ruslan goblin 19.11.21 09:32 pm

Poor picture of HDMI output from Xbox360

Today I played GTA 4 and noticed that when you pause the game and in the black background of the menu there are pixels all over the screen that are slightly lighter than the black background, they are scattered all over the screen and there are several stripes in the screen where these very pixels are not, I have them I did not immediately notice, because if the brightness of the TV is low, then these pixels are not visible at all, and if the brightness is set to medium, it is barely visible, and if it is at maximum, it becomes noticeable, the whole thing happens on a Sony 99cm TV, I changed the HDMI cables and set everything up in the TV useless! I connected the same cable that was connected to the Xbox 360 to the PC and on the PC there is nothing like that, even set the brightness to maximum, I checked the ports in HDMI 1 and HDMI2 in the TV set and all the same PC, everything is clear and the XBOX 360 prefix is ​​flickering and this in any game you can see where there is a black background or dark places ...
Xbox 360 E Slim 250 GB resolution set to 720p

Respond! is it ok or not?

It looks like noise, but these points are strictly fixed horizontally and vertically, and upon closer inspection I noticed that all the points there are 3 pixels each
8 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 19.11.21

Ruslan Goblin
... Sony 99cm ... 720p ... Not enough

for such a diagonal ...
What is the resolution of the TV and can I set the same in the console in the settings?
And with what resolution did you connect the PC? - if more than X360, put 720p on your computer and check.

R
Ruslan goblin 19.11.21

The telly has a max resolution via VGA 1360x768, via HDMI 720p, on a PC and on an Xbox 360 I set 720p in the same way.
These points are not very conspicuous, but they are barely visible in a black background, they are easier to notice, and if you carefully look at some places in the game, you can even see it, in GTA 4, for example, you can see it in the evening sky, the points seem to be fixed by three pixels in the screen, a certain pattern is visible their locations and do not walk on the screen, I repeat, you will not see it right away, but I saw them after a month of playing on the console, I seemed to have seen them before, but I attached importance to it, and then I looked more closely and realized that the console is giving out something strange, if anyone has an XBOX 360 E slim let him try the brightness on the TV set to the maximum to run any game there is a clean black background and look carefully, is there something like that?

Tomorrow after work I will try to photograph these points, if it will be seen in the picture, I will post it

R
Ruslan goblin 19.11.21

Here are pictures of these points in the GTA 4 menu with the maximum brightness of the TV screen

http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/1601/b0/f20f9ef67df8.jpg

http://s020.radikal.ru/i708/1601/df/e4bd4d7bc444. jpg

and at the usual brightness at which I play the points in the menu are not visible, but it is visible in the game itself in the sky when it's evening outside

And this is the same cable that I checked on the PC there are no such points

n
nickSIA 19.11.21

Ruslan Goblin
When I had an X360, I always set the HDMI color space parameter to YCbCr709 in the console settings

R
Ruslan goblin 19.11.21

SonyK.
Thanks to me it was easier to fill in the links)
nickSIA
I tried YCbCr709 to set all the same points are visible

So what is it all the same? can someone check it at themselves? I have a prefix for the time being under warranty, otherwise if something goes wrong, I will hand it over to the store, as if the warranty does not pass and it will be too late

n
nickSIA 19.11.21

Ruslan Goblin
Another option with a TV. Adjust HDMI Black Depth on TV to - Low
Spoiler

R
Ruslan goblin 19.11.21

nickSIA
I have an old Sony Bravia TV of the year somewhere in 2008, a diagonal of 99 cm, there is no such option, but everything that is there in the settings I tried to shamanize along and across the points do not disappear anywhere

R
Ruslan goblin 19.11.21

In general, I did not torture myself for a long time) I took the prefix and went to the neighbors, their Samsung TV turned the brightness to the maximum and launched GTA 4, and I calmed down there are no dots, so the prefix is ​​not to blame, but my Sony TV is to blame, I don’t know why, maybe he not compatible with Xbox 360? God knows