3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stealthdet 19.11.21 09:32 pm

Fierce Friezes with the game (Star Wars: Battlefront (2015))

There were already a couple of such topics, but I could not find a solution, so I duplicate it.

Immediately writing hardware:
AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz
GeForce GTX 460
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit.
all the last firewood.

In theory, the game shouldn't drag on such an ancient typewriter, but played until NG on the minimum settings (except that the "resolution scaling" parameter was set to 100%), during 1-2 hours there were no friezes, only a little lag.
Now, if you play on almost any card, the game freezes thoroughly, taking into account the fact that all settings are set as recommended by nvidia Experience. Lags are especially visible on maps with 40 people. After heavy cards, when a new card is loaded, after 5 minutes, it is thrown into the main menu with a connection error.
Not freezing even once in modes with heroes and in a squadron.

I read some posts - people with slightly better hardware play on average.
I never overclocked iron.
I practice using the Advanced System Care and VitRegistry programs. From the first I launched the so-called. "game mode" - cuts off unnecessary processes - it becomes a little easier, but maybe it's a placebo.

What other solution could there be other than "buy yourself a new computer, rogue"?)

PS And by the way, every time when lags - in the upper right corner writes "unstable connection", although with the Internet all the rules (but maybe she is so complaining about low FPS, xs).
5 Comments
Sort by:
T
Toxa95 19.11.21

Is the frame rate dropping or is the Internet playing naughty and freezing?
Different things, because you get kicked out due to a connection error that EA is famous for on PC.

Z
Zenux 19.11.21

Stealthdet
... 4 GB RAM ...

Very little, even for such a config, maybe the problem is this, the memory gets clogged and swap to disk starts, which leads to a wild freeze. (as an option)

S
Stealthdet 19.11.21

Toxa95
Checked - the frame rate, apparently in the game, the frame rate drop is displayed as a "connection problem".
In short moments of time, it drops to 0 fps, and if you just run and shoot from afar on large maps - 45-60.
Zenux
Increased the swap file to 8GB, it became a little better, but it still sags.
Apparently yes, the RAM is clogged, tk. cpu is loaded by 80-90%, and RAM at 100%.

And is it very bad with such hardware that I have one 4 GB memory stick? And will the situation be seriously improved if we add the second one by the same amount? (mother of Asus M4N68T-M LE V2)

Z
Zenux 19.11.21

Stealthdet
... And will the situation be seriously improved if the second one is added by the same amount? ...

The speed of RAM and hard disk is not comparable, so I think you will feel the difference between 4 and 8 gigs.

T
Toxa95 19.11.21

Stealthdet
So yes, RAM.
The difference between a swap file and a full-fledged RAM card is huge. It is enough just to compare their bandwidth.