3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
totktonada 19.11.21 09:32 pm

Discussion of the beta version. (Toxikk)

So far we have one tight map, medium bots and some mixture of cons of ut3 and pros of ut2k4.
You have to play with people, you don't understand.
So far, the main plus is the most flexible settings over the past ten years: D
Didn't they promise to start the servers right away?
ps Brightskins are not enough = (

upd
It's more interesting with people, of course.
As an example, screenshots at maximum settings (except for the severed blur).

56 Comments
Sort by:
t
toxikk.com 19.11.21

waxing, in short: the
game is agony, this is how I would like to see ut3, everything is very dynamic, you notice it right away, the
netcode needs to be tested better, of course, but at first glance, the user is much more friendly than in ut2004, an hour ran at ping 70, there was no discomfort felt

i
itsinthemind 19.11.21

while I have a game in the process of downloading, I wanted to ask how much fire it is, that is, is there any difference in playing anril3 with a motion mutator under yut2004 and playing it?

t
toxikk.com 19.11.21

probably the one who played UT3 for a little more than two weeks at the very beginning will be able to answer :)

t
totktonada 19.11.21

After an hour of playing, in principle, it's too early to judge, but, in any case, there are attempts to take into account the tukey movingstyle in the design of the map, which the mutator for ut3 did not add, and in general somehow more frolic.
So far, it's a mixed bag of weapons, lacking personality, and plenty of room for spam.

i
itsinthemind 19.11.21

I report))
1. Yes, the style of movement is cool, as Desp said - that's what they expected from Henril 3! you don't feel like a bag of shit. everything is fast, sharp, etc. in one word - right!
2. There is ABSOLUTELY NO balance on weapons.
imba rocket. rocket flies quickly and kills with one hit. all the rest of the weapon is the delirium of a madman, some kind of a drug addict has invented a flamethrower, when you shoot from it or they shoot at you from it - IT IS NOT SEEN OF ANYONE because of the fire, some kind of casual stuff. an incomprehensible machine gun, a semblance of shocks + link, some kind of shotgun, in general, who won the rocket.
3. Well, the status of early access speaks about itself. there are practically no game settings, the weapon model cannot be turned off, nicknames do not fit into the line, etc., etc. without painting the models is not playable at all, everything is too dark and fast.

Bottom line: the
game is not bad, but there is still too much to finish.
Until an intelligible weapon is made, in my opinion, there is nothing to do there. although the stupid map may be to blame - too narrow and corridor

t
toxikk.com 19.11.21

duck the essence of the first stage of the test is precisely in adjusting the balance of the weapon, so that all the rules, we play, write to the forum, they carefully study and tune

everything, and if for garlic, the same map in ut2004 would have been driven by a flakoroket in the same way, on a large map of the next build will be interesting to see hitskany

ZY zadrota settings inishek in ut3 are worth their weight in gold right now)) what I found in the guides from Google was already enough for a serious improvement in gameplay and visibility, I can imagine what else you can create skillfully there))

t
totktonada 19.11.21

Share pliz screenshots of what happened with you.

t
toxikk.com 19.11.21

Well, for those who want to see, two games in TDM from the respected first write: the

default ones, I specifically specify, then compare :)

i
itsinthemind 19.11.21

I support about the graphics settings, in the game the minimum wage is not the minimum wage. but through the ini-files ..))) twisted - at least it became clear who was where

t
toxikk.com 19.11.21

My zero knowledge was enough for this:

R
Ronn1e 19.11.21

Yes, it's too early to judge by one card, but in principle it's not bad. In any case, the model of movement is more than good. And the balance of the weapon is to cut and cut, there is a clear preponderance towards the rocket, although as desp correctly noted - the map is small and spam is a matter of course here.

ps. interestingly, of course, the developers approached the design of weapons - wherever you look - everywhere crossed hedgehogs with snakes. but the flamethrower is strong stsuk: D. it was necessary, imh, to go along the beaten track and copy (albeit with minor) changes the veapon from ut2k4.

A
ABorisovich 19.11.21

51 or desp filmed a channel on twitch, otherwise there are some dnari)

t
toxikk.com 19.11.21

yes there is a channel, why stream there something special

t
toxikk.com 19.11.21

here like the rules guys more or less:
http://www.twitch.tv/toxikkplanet

A
ABorisovich 19.11.21

Silenth still ok

i
itsinthemind 19.11.21

toxikk.com with
what settings did you remove the shadows?

t
toxikk.com 19.11.21

and this is f8 two times probably, but for it to work online and the server must be configured this way, however, as well as for hidden weapons,

in fact, this is the only time when I almost regretted not playing um3, deploy competently configured servers and shut down the inishka for ut2004 It would take 30 minutes, but here in a day I somehow figured out the config and then not completely, I can finally keep quiet about deploying my server)

z
zd.made 19.11.21

where are the combo, shiljump and translock?

i
itsinthemind 19.11.21

something tells me that soon some enthusiast will make a mutator that changes all types of weapons to similar ones from anrin 2k4, it would be generally great

R
Ronn1e 19.11.21

Something tells me that soon some enthusiast will make a mutator that changes all types of weapons to similar ones from Anrin 2k4, it would be great to

have all the crossed weapons here, so you will also have to finish all sorts of links and bio.
in the next build there will be a new veapon, by the way.